• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee finalizing deal for Eagles RB DeMarco Murray

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one would be good here. No one.

Sankey is a weapon, make no mistake!

What about LeGarrett fucking Blount?

Not good enough for the Titans but a devastating weapon elsewhere!

Did you like how Whisenhunt used Jackie Battle?

My point was none of them were good RBs.

Sankey was a reach in round 2.

That pick shoud've been Nix or Timmy jernigan.

Although it sounds like the new GM may be rectifying that problem as we speak.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. They were all "good" with Blount being potentially great. How Sankey, et al kept a good attitude here is beyond me.

This franchise is a career-killer and Demarco is probably next.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount has been a useful piece in a 2 man rotation. Not a star at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be good for Mariota to have a good RB behind him who can also catch. Murray was not used the same as he was in Dallas and it showed. He didn't even have 200 carries as a runner in Philly compared to nearly 400 in his last year with Dallas. But DM still had over 1000 yards from scrimmage so he'll help Tennessee out. I think he's the kind of back you need to feed early and often though, so I hope the Titans do that.
And great in pass protection. For Tennessee with their OL one would think this would be pretty important too.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It certainly looks like they have realised something. It remains to be seen if they fix it or make problems in different portions of their game over compensating for their current issues.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with the deal provided its not for some crazy pick package. Murray is ok but I think he's overrated. His success in Dallas came more from their fantastic O-line imo. And I didn't like how he straight up quit in Philly because he was pouting. I watched plenty of Eagles games where he'd get the ball and immediately fall to the ground at the first hint of contact. He didn't fight for yards at all. He was totally sandbagging. Plus, I don't like the price tag for what's most likely a hohum RB.

David Cobb looked promising in the preseason before missing almost the entire year due to injury. There's RBs in this year's draft you can take a chance on in the 2nd and 3rd days of the draft. Point is, its not a necessary move for this team or really any NFL to acquire a name RB like this. You can find production elsewhere and its usually cheaper

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious what the trade was? What did the titans give up & what is the current state of Demarco's contract? I assume the 21 mil. guaranteed (the eagles has to pay), lightened it from the 8 mil avg. per year. Or does that guaranteed money travel over to the titans? How's that work?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole contract except the signing bonus goes to the titans. If they gave up a real pick it's highway robbery by the Eagles. Hopefully he has a great year, the pick's likely tied to production or games played.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an incredible trade for Philly. I did not think it would be possible to trade a disgruntled aging RB with a huge contract coming off a terrible year in which he proved to be a locker room cancer. For Philly, it is all about getting this guy's cap number off the books. Compensation could be a bag of chips and it would be a good trade.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joke as in trading a guy that didn't want to be there?
Nope...joke as in signing the guy to the amount of money philly did along with the seattle corner back.
thankfully for you guys, there is a Detroit and Cleveland in this league.

Fly Eagles Fly!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know the pick package...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an incredible trade for Philly. I did not think it would be possible to trade a disgruntled aging RB with a huge contract coming off a terrible year in which he proved to be a locker room cancer.

...and then you remembered the Titans! :idea:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Kuharksy is blaming it on the Eagles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with the deal provided its not for some crazy pick package. Murray is ok but I think he's overrated. His success in Dallas came more from their fantastic O-line imo. And I didn't like how he straight up quit in Philly because he was pouting. I watched plenty of Eagles games where he'd get the ball and immediately fall to the ground at the first hint of contact. He didn't fight for yards at all. He was totally sandbagging. Plus, I don't like the price tag for what's most likely a hohum RB.

David Cobb looked promising in the preseason before missing almost the entire year due to injury. There's RBs in this year's draft you can take a chance on in the 2nd and 3rd days of the draft. Point is, its not a necessary move for this team or really any NFL to acquire a name RB like this. You can find production elsewhere and its usually cheaper
I said this a million times on the Cowboy Board, but I'll say it here. His career yards per carry actually went down after his big season in 2014. A lot of people portray Murray as having one good year. His only issue in Dallas ever was health. Look at his games from prior seasons. Those OLs were not great.

Great blocker, great receiver, great vision, good in short yardage and a great stiff arm and ability to lower his pads and push the defender and great guy and teammate (at least in Dallas). No, he's never going to be this incredible guy we saw two years ago (who is?) but unless his body is breaking down (it very well could be) he is a very good RB. Can't explain what happened last year other than saying wrong place for his style; he is the type of guy that needs a lot of carries but can excel in a power scheme or zone scheme. He isn't the type to try to isolate in space or do something magical on one particular play per quarter.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is Tenn should have minimal guaranteed money since the SB stayed in Philly.

so if he is shot, cutting him should be easy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is Tenn should have minimal guaranteed money since the SB stayed in Philly.

so if he is shot, cutting him should be easy.

7 million guaranteed this year. 2 million guaranteed next year.