• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow...to the Eagles perhaps?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot tell. Are you saying the Steelers desperately needed Ryan Clark? They pretty much had everyone else.

So, it took a fully healthy Steelers defense to shut down Tebow? Ok.

Interesting.

First of all I'm not a Broncos hater, I actually hate Duh $tealer$. And it was more than just Clark that missed that game. I think their D line was banged up as well.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in Philadelphia

Blog_20120328_MickeysCircusTeaser.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Kelly was just going through the steps on Tebow as a favor to his friend Urban Meyer.

Most likely.

If there is some thought out there that he's reworked his throwing mechanics it doesn't hurt to take a look.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I'm not a Broncos hater, I actually hate Duh $tealer$. And it was more than just Clark that missed that game. I think their D line was banged up as well.

I did not say you were, just saying Tebow showed he can be a play maker. I know people snicker at that, but he proved he could be under the right circumstances.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely.

If there is some thought out there that he's reworked his throwing mechanics it doesn't hurt to take a look.

You have obviously have never seen Tebow throw a football....it can be real hard on the eyes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left without a contract! YES!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say you were, just saying Tebow showed he can be a play maker. I know people snicker at that, but he proved he could be under the right circumstances.

The right circumstances? Sorry but I disagree. I got nothing against Tebow the person but Tebow the NFL QB wasn't good. He still gets far too much credit for what the Broncos did as a team the final 11 games of the 2011 season. I mean he only completed 46.5 % of his passes in those games & was sacked 33 times to go along w/ a league leading 14 fumbles.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right circumstances? Sorry but I disagree. I got nothing against Tebow the person but Tebow the NFL QB wasn't good. He still gets far too much credit for what the Broncos did as a team the final 11 games of the 2011 season. I mean he only completed 46.5 % of his passes in those games & was sacked 33 times to go along w/ a league leading 14 fumbles.

Yeah the league just hadn't caught onto how to stop a wildcat when Tebow was there.

People like to think the NFL is full of these brainy coaches. It isn't. The reason it is a copycat league is because most guys can't come up with their own solutions.

I still remember that Jet's-Broncos game and the whole game I was thinking what a bonehead Ryan was for blitzing a running QB who can't throw and playing man behind it. The whole game it worked though....until the last play of the game. Then Tebow finally tucked it and beat him for a game winning score on I believe the last play of the game. You don't blitz a running QB and play man behind it. It's the best way to get beat on a long run. But that is the NFL. They don't learn it till they get beat with it over and over again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare yourself, SportsHoopla, the Tebow fans are coming if Tebow plays one down as a QB.
Do you think AmericanChampionRedemption is done with Cutler?
Do you think she can go back to her obsession with Tebow?
I wish Tebow well. I do not look forward to more blind obsession from ACR about Tebow......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the league just hadn't caught onto how to stop a wildcat when Tebow was there.

People like to think the NFL is full of these brainy coaches. It isn't. The reason it is a copycat league is because most guys can't come up with their own solutions.

I still remember that Jet's-Broncos game and the whole game I was thinking what a bonehead Ryan was for blitzing a running QB who can't throw and playing man behind it. The whole game it worked though....until the last play of the game. Then Tebow finally tucked it and beat him for a game winning score on I believe the last play of the game. You don't blitz a running QB and play man behind it. It's the best way to get beat on a long run. But that is the NFL. They don't learn it till they get beat with it over and over again.

Steelers made the same mistake in the playoffs of deciding to crowd the LOS to stop the run and leave their Corners in Man pretty much the entire game. Now while Tebow completed less than 50% of his passes when he did complete one it was for huge huge yardage. I have no clue why the Steelers with the #1 defense in the NFL decided all of a sudden to switch up how they had been playing all year. Cost them big time and made Tebow this cult hero to some.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it is worth:

Tim Tebow 'throwing very accurate,' could try out at NFL veteran combine - CBSSports.com

Tim Tebow 'throwing very accurate,' could try out at NFL veteran combine.

The first NFL veteran combine came and went with no Tim Tebow. But the left-handed college football analyst could show up at the next one after extensive training with Tom Brady's quarterback coach.

Per Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, Tebow's been working with Tom House in Los Angeles for the past two years. House told Volin Tebow's improved greatly.

"He went from being a little inaccurate and didn't throw a whole lot of spirals, to throwing very accurate and real good at spinning the ball," House said.

The quarterbacks coach wasn't sure if Tebow would appear at the next veteran's combine on March 22 in Phoenix (prior to the NFL owners' meetings there) but Tebow's name has been floated multiple times as a possible participant.

Last edited:

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the guy getting paid to fix Tebow's throws is claiming to have done so. House is, what? The third or fourth coach hes' worked with to make that claim?

I honestly don't get it. Tebow could probably carve a great niche out for himself as a hybrid RB/FB/TE/Emergency QB/Goalline Gimmick Player, but he steadfastly refuses.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspected Chip Kelly is an idiot, he just removed all doubt.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the guy getting paid to fix Tebow's throws is claiming to have done so. House is, what? The third or fourth coach hes' worked with to make that claim?

I honestly don't get it. Tebow could probably carve a great niche out for himself as a hybrid RB/FB/TE/Emergency QB/Goalline Gimmick Player, but he steadfastly refuses.
"the guy" is Brady's personal QB coach. He taught Brady his mechanics. He is well-respected.....

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have obviously have never seen Tebow throw a football....it can be real hard on the eyes.

Tebow may not be on the Veteran Combine's invitation list, but he has been working for over a year with Tom House, a former major league pitcher who is now a co-owner of 3DQB, a performance center for quarterbacks and pitchers whose past customers include Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Carson Palmer.
House took a few minutes recently to talk to Bleacher Report about Tebow, what the former Broncos starter and Heisman Trophy winner is doing to improve his passing mechanics, and the science of throwing in general. House's system emphasizes efficiency, timing and "sequencing," the transfer of throwing power through the legs, hips and shoulder to the ball.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the guy" is Brady's personal QB coach. He taught Brady his mechanics. He is well-respected.....

Chris Weinke, Steve Clarkson, Dennis Giles, and Marc Trestman are pretty well respected as well. But who knows? Maybe the eighth time is the charm.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford and Tebow both won Heismans and played against each other for the NC. I wonder how well they will work together?