• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tavon austin

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo this guy might turn into the best return man in the league.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
imo this guy might turn into the best return man in the league.

that he might, so the question is how high a pick is a return guy worth?

ok, i'm sure he'd also play on offense, but we already got 'quick' guys in Hunter and LMJ? would he also play slot WR and if so, can Kap throw that low? :-)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a smallish wr who has experience playing rb. only guy who looked faster in college was chris johnson.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really love Ace Sanders from SCar.. always shows up in big moments to really bust the game wide open, or flip the momentum. I think he is in the draft, haha I just forgot if he was.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be someone we can "afford" to add due to the extra pick in the 2nd.

Fills the KW void if KW isn't brought back and/or Jenkins continues to depress

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be someone we can "afford" to add due to the extra pick in the 2nd.

Fills the KW void if KW isn't brought back and/or Jenkins continues to depress

funny thing is, he basically could replace ginn, jenkins and lmj. i wouldn't say we can afford to take a guy like austin. he could be a game breaker.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind having Austin on the team, but I really don't want to spend a 1st or early 2nd on him. The niners have a bunch of these small fast receivers and running backs already (KWill, LMJ, Hunter, Ginn). As explosive as Austin is, I just don't see him doing much for the niners in the red zone, which has been their weakness. That's why I'm more interested in big/tall WRs that can win jump balls in the RZ and have the speed to take the lid off of the defense.

Also, they have the best ST coach in the NFL and practically a hundred picks, so they should be able to find a good return man later in the draft.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind having Austin on the team, but I really don't want to spend a 1st or early 2nd on him. The niners have a bunch of these small fast receivers and running backs already (KWill, LMJ, Hunter, Ginn). As explosive as Austin is, I just don't see him doing much for the niners in the red zone, which has been their weakness. That's why I'm more interested in big/tall WRs that can win jump balls in the RZ and have the speed to take the lid off of the defense.

Also, they have the best ST coach in the NFL and practically a hundred picks, so they should be able to find a good return man later in the draft.

eifert would solve that imo

or maybe using read option which i think austin would just be nasty in

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yeah, if he's the clear BPA, then no problem here. otherwise, hoping a defensive player is our first BPA.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I haven't been an Austin supporter so far, but now that the Niners have the 34th pick of the draft, I just got a lot more interested.

Add a couple of athletic guys like Cornelius Washington (the next Adalius Thomas?) & getting Flemming back from injury to help out on special teams, and ST could be a strength (as long as they don't get a turd at kicker).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was there at our pick I would sprint to the podium. That being said, he won't be there. He and Patterson will go very quickly.