• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Surging Rangers hosting the Chicago White Sox

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Rangers had insurance or something to where they wouldn't be liable for the whole contract if he can't return?

I think that just means the Rangers pay some and the insurance company pays the rest. MLB contracts are 100% guaranteed to the player.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that just means the Rangers pay some and the insurance company pays the rest. MLB contracts are 100% guaranteed to the player.

This right here, that's just a payroll issue with the Ranger's not having to pay the whole contract, if insurance covers the rest then its off our payroll

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read we're playing the "what if" game... ok. Here's my "what if..."

The year is 2019.

Bryce Harper signs as a FA with the Texas Rangers....to play LF/RF.

Outfield consists of Harper, Brinson, Mazara.
Infield consists of Gallo, Profar, Odor, Rua.
DH is Fielder.
Catcher is Alfaro.

Bench is DeShields, Alberto, Cantwell, Williams.

Pitching.
Starters. Yu, Holland, Thompson, Perez, Chi Chi. (with Lulu sitting in AAA waiting.)
Relievers. Closer = Kela. Rest = idk.

Lineup wise.... heh.

Brinson
Mazara
Gallo
Harper
Alfaro
Fielder
Rua
Profar
Odor

Sounds good. I don't know if they can afford Harper with Prince and Yu making the big bucks and we will probably still be paying a good portion of Elvis' and Choo's contracts. Ortiz is probably ready by then.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 5 inning Harrison 5 hits/2runs/1BB/4Ks on 78 pitches. Don't ask about velo because I do not know.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have him face him, but that's just me.

Probably not but after last night it would be impossible not to put him in the lineup especially given how much of an extra walkup crowd there will be and how many more people will be by the TV channel because of him.

Plus it doesn't help that Hamilton, Prince, and Beltre aren't in the lineup.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodriguez for Boston who shut us down in his 1st MLB start held the Twins to 2 hits and 1 run in 7 innings.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does Fielder struggle against Sale? Maybe Gallo will surprise the hell out of us.

Chris Sale vs. Batters | Baseball-Reference.com

Fielder is 4 for 25 or .160/.222/.200/.422. Good night to give Prince the night off.

I like that Gallo is given a partial night off too. Whether he made any plays in the field last night or not ... am positive all the hype, excitement and nerves since he got the call has worn him out. Having him DHing means he's in the dugout sitting with Prince as they talk about the next AB and isn't having to worry tonight if he's going to create a gaff in the field.

Gallo is going to see a bunch of other LH batters struggle against Sale (except Prince) so expectation of success will be mitigated if they struggle too.

This is truly a learning 2-3 weeks for him. Doesn't get any tougher than Sale. Gets him out of the way early.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sale vs. Batters | Baseball-Reference.com

Fielder is 4 for 25 or .160/.222/.200/.422. Good night to give Prince the night off.

I like that Gallo is given a partial night off too. Whether he made any plays in the field last night or not ... am positive all the hype, excitement and nerves since he got the call has worn him out. Having him DHing means he's in the dugout sitting with Prince as they talk about the next AB and isn't having to worry tonight if he's going to create a gaff in the field.

Gallo is going to see a bunch of other LH batters struggle against Sale (except Prince) so expectation of success will be mitigated if they struggle too.

This is truly a learning 2-3 weeks for him. Doesn't get any tougher than Sale. Gets him out of the way early.

Good time to sit Prince. Nice to see Rosales get the start with his numbers against him. This lineup may just surprise the hell out of us.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Matt do so well. Happy for him and the team.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good time to sit Prince. Nice to see Rosales get the start with his numbers against him. This lineup may just surprise the hell out of us.
Last night did so why not tonight?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was at the game when they stuck Lamb in as a catcher to start the game. What a disaster. After so many passed balls and runs scoring because of it he was replaced and the Rangers came back and won. Can you just see Rosales as the catcher? He would be falling on the ground on every pitch. And they would be stealing like crazy.

I wouldn't be so sure Rosales would be such a failure. I can see Banister coming into the clubhouse and asking ... "Can anyone here catch if it comes to it?" ... And a micro second later Rosales jumping up and saying "I can!"

Andres Blanco was the same way ... he was TEX emergency catcher too. When you are the UIF it comes with the territory. Remember Chirinos was originally a middle infielder.

Some may think Rosales is goofy ... but he gets the most out of every instant he is in uniform. There is a reason both TEX and OAK want Adam Rosales on their roster.