• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl's final minutes may unravel Carroll's Seahawks

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the impact of his back injury year to year it was obvious how much worse it was this last season. His doctors are telling him it will only continue to get worse and worse and will have irreversible damages he will have to live with for the rest of his life.

He is facing a very real and very serious medical reality.

If he does decide to take the money and stay, I'm not convinced he makes it to the end of the season in good enough shape to be as much of an impact for this team as they need.

When I quit, I quit in my prime. I had taken a lot of wear and tear. I have issues nowadays. My quality of life is excellent. I'm going to climb Mt. Fuji this summer. I have spondylitis, which means the calcium is building up in my spine and the hole the spinal cord goes through is getting smaller.
Because I quit when I did, I have a great life. Now if I had continued - it might be a whole lot different.
When your doctor starts warning you.....

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analysis of this play has been beaten to death, buried and risen like a zombie. Time to just put a bullet between its eyes and move on because there's no changing what happened. Everyone's got their opinions but the game's over. Time to move on. And that sort of thing sounds great to sports fans but the people that do this for a living actually have an easier time moving on because it's their job and they know that shit happens. I remember Willie McGee said that when he was in slumps everyone was expecting him to be in the dumps emotionally but he said we was the same guy whether he was tearing it up or flailing at the plate. Sometimes he'd be in a slump and actually be in a pretty good mood away from the park.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I quit, I quit in my prime. I had taken a lot of wear and tear. I have issues nowadays. My quality of life is excellent. I'm going to climb Mt. Fuji this summer. I have spondylitis, which means the calcium is building up in my spine and the hole the spinal cord goes through is getting smaller.
Because I quit when I did, I have a great life. Now if I had continued - it might be a whole lot different.
When your doctor starts warning you.....

Hoping things go great for you moving forward.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the play again, and I no longer think Wilson should have run it. If he ran right, Ninkovich (#50) could have blown him up.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they should have faked Lynch and rolled Wilson out for the keep, the wide open receiver or the toss out of the back of the end zone. Hindsight though.

As bad as the play call was, I think guys like Brady, Rodgers, and other top QBs throw that thing through the uprights as soon as they see Butler's first step.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason most Seahawk fans are not getting that Lynch really is taking the toll for his running style. I've been telling them on our board his decision he is facing is real and could end in his retirement and yet most think he stays just for the money.

Marshawns passion is his foundation and his work with disadvantaged kids in Oakland. A lot of his money and time go to that work. Another year in the spotlight can sure add a lot more money to that effort, but does his persistent back issues present enough of a reason to leave that money on the table?

The other obvious question if he does return is can he make it through the whole season with those issues? He was missing plays and series down the stretch of this season. His back problem isn't new. He's had this his whole career, but it is getting worse with each passing season. How much worse will it be down the stretch next year? Can they limit his carries enough through the first half to help prolong his chances and still be as effective on offense doing so?

Lots of questions around his status.

I agree with this. Lynch is going to want a life when his career is over. Hes earned enough money to quit now if he wants to, freeing him up to do other things in life.