• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl XLIX: Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots Game Day Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most talk has been about Deflategate and how we hate the Seahawks... Anyone want to discuss actual football? (Yeah, yeah, whatever is left of "football.")

I thought about titling this thread Seahags vs. Deflatriots, but aren't nicknames bad luck for us?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the general desire is for the Seahawks to get blown out, but doesn't it roll around your brain more when your team loses by one INT at the end or a missed corner fade? I don't know what it feels like to be blown out in the SB, but from our 2012 experience, that's a fate that we all would wish upon the Seahawks. Teasing them for being blown out gets tiring and dead after the first few times, but you know a close loss would eat at those who are actual real Seattle fans (distinguished from the many, many bandwagoners).

Now, I'm torn between a stolen ref game vs. just a last minute loss. Every team in a close loss has ref issues, so I guess it's not mutually exclusive. In fact, I hope the game is perfectly called, or called all-Seattle, so that if they lose, they have no fake leg to stand on.

Carroll was my college's coach and I didn't like how everyone (ok, exaggeration) said he was a college coach and his douche-bag rah-rahness wouldn't work here, that his New England/Jets days were him. But he got his ring last year, so I don't feel the need to root for another. I didn't like Manning, either. I guess, while we all know Montana is the best, Brady losing would push off more people from jumping on him as the GOAT.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn i thought helmet to helmet on a defenseless WR was a 15 yard penalty....

Nevermind guess they got a makeup call on the next play.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp the magic has left Seattle and Wilson is now the guy that threw away the Super Bowl. Even better Seattles true thug colors are coming through now on a national stage. This could not be a more perfect super bowl giving the circumstances.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp the magic has left Seattle and Wilson is now the guy that threw away the Super Bowl. Even better Seattles true thug colors are coming through now on a national stage. This could not be a more perfect super bowl giving the circumstances.

With all the shit we've had to endure about Kaepernick's endings, the table has turned big time.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'm unhappy with the entire outcome of this game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady really cemented his legacy with this game. He deserves some props. When they were 10 points down, I am sure a lot of people thought this game was going to be over. Josh McDaniel came up with a really good game plan too.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carrol is really bumbling around trying to explain this cluster fluck. I think he has been chewing his gum too hard.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
although Seattle lost this time around, it shows their style can win a SB and get back to the SB. they don't have a lot of star power at WR nor TE, but their run game makes everything work. Granted Wilson can do things Kaep can't, so not advocating the exact same offense. Seattle doesn't make many mistakes - turnovers and penalties - so they don't beat themselves. Yes, the GB game was TO filled, and today they made a huge one. but it is the exception, not the rule.

We have a similar style overall and don't see why we need to change much? Granted, Kaep can't throw those same routes as well, so we'd use routes more to his liking. But if we continue the run game, it also reduces turnovers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl XLIX -- Darrell Bevell of Seattle Seahawks -- Play call made to kill clock - ESPN

I don't understand. He was supposed to catch the ball and go down in bounds? Because an incomplete stops the clock. An INT loses the game. So Bevell saying that the pass play was called to burn clock makes no sense when running the damn ball would have run clock off with less chance of a fumble... then he says that just because you run doesn't mean he would have scored... if you don't want to score on 2nd down and you say that he wouldn't necessarily have scored running, wouldn't you then run the ball to the inch-line, run clock out, and call timeout or run the next play? He is saying that just because you ran the ball doesn't mean what you didn't want to do would happen - that goes exactly opposite of what you are saying - you are saying that running the ball might have led to what you wanted to do (not score) so you didn't run the ball?

It makes ZERO sense.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl XLIX -- Darrell Bevell of Seattle Seahawks -- Play call made to kill clock - ESPN

I don't understand. He was supposed to catch the ball and go down in bounds? Because an incomplete stops the clock. An INT loses the game. So Bevell saying that the pass play was called to burn clock makes no sense when running the damn ball would have run clock off with less chance of a fumble... then he says that just because you run doesn't mean he would have scored... if you don't want to score on 2nd down and you say that he wouldn't necessarily have scored running, wouldn't you then run the ball to the inch-line, run clock out, and call timeout or run the next play? He is saying that just because you ran the ball doesn't mean what you didn't want to do would happen - that goes exactly opposite of what you are saying - you are saying that running the ball might have led to what you wanted to do (not score) so you didn't run the ball?

It makes ZERO sense.

Fuck Seattle and their silly fans. I enjoy watching them lose about as much as I do watching the 9ers win.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Seattle and their silly fans. I enjoy watching them lose about as much as I do watching the 9ers win.

I just enjoy how they lost. That has to be far more soul crushing than our loss to the Ravens. I mean 1 yard away and we all know Lynch can't be stopped 3 straight times from getting that. The Pats were not even burning timeouts to preserve clock so it was going to be the game winning TD.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just enjoy how they lost. That has to be far more soul crushing than our loss to the Ravens. I mean 1 yard away and we all know Lynch can't be stopped 3 straight times from getting that. The Pats were not even burning timeouts to preserve clock so it was going to be the game winning TD.

Yep. Now it's back to the drawing board and starting all over again for the Seachicks. For them to lose in such excruciating fashion = PRICELESS.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks lose fair and square last night, and like a bunch of thugs they start a fight. How about losing with class boys? LOL

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, how did the Pats beat the Hawks (other than a little luck)? Big bruising run game, Trent? Or speedy quick receivers, including using the rb a lot on passes?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle now has to pay Russell Wilson a TON, then figure out how to keep Lynch? I'd think Lynch will leave no matter? Beyond these two, they now face big decisions on who else to keep, who to let go, and which FA's they can't sign.

After players openly question their Coaches, they likely won't have the 'chemistry' they've had last two seasons. Aw shucks!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, how did the Pats beat the Hawks (other than a little luck)? Big bruising run game, Trent? Or speedy quick receivers, including using the rb a lot on passes?

neither Seattle nor New England have 'big name' WR's. It is the QB's who make their WR's look better, not the other way around.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither Seattle nor New England have 'big name' WR's. It is the QB's who make their WR's look better, not the other way around.

The small quick receivers certainly worked against Seattle yesterday. Hopefully Niners can use Ellington and Patton on those underneath routes next year. But definitely need to draft a vertical deep threat WR to keep defenses honest.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read that Peter Carroll at the last possible second called up Greg Roman to dial up that pass play on 2nd and goal. :-)