• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl lock scenario

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't combat that. So back at ya!

Family, friends, football & food. Is there a better day?

The best holiday Eat drink Football don't be so combative

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is picking the the teams with the best records. I guess the Romo thing is a bit far out there, but picking the Cowboys and Pats is not really going out on a limb.

Either way, the Odds they aren't the two teams in the SB are greater than them making the SB. It's the NFL. The teams that are healthy and hot at the end of the year will be in the SB.

Picking those 2 obviously isn't far fetched. But I guarantee Dak goes down and the nations leading story is... "Romo saves the day".
WATCH

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking those 2 obviously isn't far fetched. But I guarantee Dak goes down and the nations leading story is... "Romo saves the day".
WATCH
Possible. However unlikely.

The Cowboys are an interesting team. I could see them going without a playoff win or going to the big dance. It's what makes the NFL so great.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH
you remain what you've always been regardless of the name you adopt.

You've outdone yourself picking an injury to the best story in football through 9 weeks.

onward attention seeking shock value bull shit

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH
Guarantee?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible. However unlikely.

The Cowboys are an interesting team. I could see them going without a playoff win or going to the big dance. It's what makes the NFL so great.
I agree. Heck, I'm so conservative on my thoughts of these things that I'm still trying to make sure they even get into the Playoffs...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like percentage wise 4 of the top 10 came from the last 10 years.
Top-rated Super Bowls

Percentage of homes yes. But like I said more people watch away from home than ever. I was reading another article yesterday that said that the Nielsen ratings have long struggled with actual SB viewership because so many people watch away from home, they assume about 30-50 million domestic viewers go unaccounted for every year.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've said many times how funny it is when the folks that talk the most shit here or pronounce themselves as the authority of the subject fold like a cheep chair when volley is returned. The point remains Super Bowl ratings would not be effected if the Oakland Raiders played in the game. That's a subjective opinion on it's best day but you go ahead and tell me what I hate. Like my Cowboys, good offense can hide a lot on defense.

Not sure you know what "fold like a cheap chair" actually means? And not sure you understand how the ratings system works. Yes it would be affected. If it wasn't then why do we see the numbers fluctuate between Super Bowls? Why when teams that have much larger fan bases are in the Super Bowl do we see the ratings spike but when two teams not as interesting are in the numbers drop? Not to switch sports too much here but baseball just had their highest ratings by a long shot after years of the numbers struggling as football became king yet the Cubs get into the world series and everybody goes crazy and they have incredible ratings. The teams matter.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two extremely important factors for a Super Bowl to have a massive audience.

The first and best is when two really good teams that have played well during the season meet. Broncos/Seahawks was awesome because of the teams and the stories behind the game were so good. Plus you had a totally split audience with one half loving and the other half hating.

The second is team location. How would a Tampa Bay/Jacksonville Super Bowl do? How about Chargers/49ers?
Rams/Raiders? Any game with teams in close proximity is not good for ratings. The exception was Broncos/Seahawks. Patriots/Giants III would do extremely well with the Patriots being so hated that 90% of viewers would watch in hopes of another weird blessing for the Giants, like a ball getting stuck in a wide receiver's face mask. Generally opposite sides of the U.S. usually does very well because the entire country has interest.

Me? I always watch because I love football and the Super Bowl is the last game until August.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you know what "fold like a cheap chair" actually means? And not sure you understand how the ratings system works. Yes it would be affected. If it wasn't then why do we see the numbers fluctuate between Super Bowls? Why when teams that have much larger fan bases are in the Super Bowl do we see the ratings spike but when two teams not as interesting are in the numbers drop? Not to switch sports too much here but baseball just had their highest ratings by a long shot after years of the numbers struggling as football became king yet the Cubs get into the world series and everybody goes crazy and they have incredible ratings. The teams matter.
I understand fine...you've said the same thing for 4 posts now, but thanks for your concerns for my lack of understanding any how

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me? I always watch because I love football and the Super Bowl is the last game until August.
I'm with Ken here...pretty logical for NFL football fans, not withstanding the raiders, and folks in bars or over seas.

tap dance and spit those hairs boys....entertainment remains free! :yes:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no sonny....I follow along just fine. You want to spin to people in bars and 3rd world countries and dig in as usual

Lol. Fact is more people watched last year than they did in 1983, domestically. That's not spin, buddy.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe anybody would even argue the NFL and the SBs popularity now compared to 20-40 years ago.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Ken here...pretty logical for NFL football fans, not withstanding the raiders, and folks in bars or over seas.

tap dance and spit those hairs boys....entertainment remains free! :yes:

Damn, you are a passive aggressive little guy aren't you? What happened to you as a child to make it so?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe anybody would even argue the NFL and the SBs popularity now compared to 20-40 years ago.
Problem is you have no facts to say the percentage of viewers is higher, the only fact we know is more American homes watched the game, I'm going to say tjat has to do with more homes being lived in, kind of like there are more road accidents as the number of licensed drivers increas. IMO 2016 Dallas/Oakland would set all records.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that the difference of opinion here?
My position has been popularity of the game regardless if it's the raiders then you pronounce 9 of the most watched games are from the last ten years...then bars, then NFL Europe or something

but hey sonny....point that finger anyways...that's what you do best