• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 offseason winners and losers

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 NFL offseason winners and losers - QBs, free agents, teams and trends (espn.com)

Lots of good stuff in this article

Loser: Los Angeles Rams

One year ago, the Rams were coming off a trip to the Super Bowl. Every team wanted to hire a coach who vaguely resembled Sean McVay. Their young core seemed set to compete for another title. After a frustrating 2019 campaign left the Rams struggling for answers on offense and out of the playoffs for the first time since McVay arrived in town, it was clear that Los Angeles needed to make changes during the offseason.

I'm not sure those changes really helped, as this offseason felt like a repudiation of the Rams' philosophy. They lost legendary defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and longtime special-teams coordinator John Fassel. Just two years after handing out huge contracts to Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley, they punted on both of those deals, cutting their former MVP candidate at running back while trading the wide receiver to the Texans. They were even publicly called out for not paying Gurley and Clay Matthews bonus money, which should hurt the organization when it tries to sign free agents in the future.

Furthermore, the Rams didn't really resolve any of their problems this offseason. After trading two first-round picks to acquire Jalen Ramsey, they still haven't signed their star cornerback to an extension. They swapped out Dante Fowler Jr. for edge rusher Leonard Floyd and used their top two picks to replace Cooks and Gurley, but they didn't do anything to replace star inside linebacker Cory Littleton.

Crucially, L.A. almost entirely ignored an offensive line that crumbled in 2019, re-signing aging left tackle Andrew Whitworth while choosing to hope for a healthier 2020. With Jared Goff posting the league's worst passer rating under pressure in 2019, McVay will need to conjure up a solution to get his prize pupil back on track this season.

cigar.gif

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Page------------------------------------------------------------------------->

We're all homers to a degree, but other than Koy, you always take it to a whole new level.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Page------------------------------------------------------------------------->

We're all homers to a degree, but other than Koy, you always take it to a whole new level.

I agree, I did post there after I posted here by accident

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok to post this here...the Rams are a contender and I really don't mind posting about the clowns, yes clowns, that are supposed experts in the media. The more I read of the mainstream media, be it local, national or the "talking heads" on any of the networks, cable, national or otherwise, the more I see them as clowns. To me, these teams all have plans and they are obligated to those plans. If you don't have a plan and aren't obligated to the plan, then what the hell are you? Do you become the Lions of the last 60+ years or the Jags since 2000 or the Browns under their current owners or any of the other teams that have consistently turned over their front office and coaching staffs.

Take a look...one day one of the Fords listened to a Matt Millen broadcast and thought "damn, he knows what's going on and how to fix this". We all know how that turned out, right? We could also look at those dudes in Cleveland that first decided keeping Hue was a great idea and then sent their front office packing year after year...and while it looks good right now...it's not bound for Feb success... that is the goal, right? Don't take that the wrong way, a playoff berth for the Browns is the right direction...but it's only a step in the right direction...and the journey isn't fulfilled...now let's see if they have the patience to take the steps to get to the real destination. A plan, an actual plan with a destination in mind is where it's at...not a free agent signing...not a coaching change as a knee jerk reaction to fans or media...a plan, a real plan with a real goal...