• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl lock scenario

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams will draw better than others, but I think the low rating trend is going to continue thru this SB.

I think the fringe NFL fan is just not that engaged with the product and the core fans like most of us are getting overwhelmed with the NFL.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the Pats going to the SB is a "Lock" every November

It doesnt happen a lot more than it does

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying its going to happen, but if the Giants were to beat the Cowboys for a second time this season and then Dallas runs the table and finishes 14-2. And then The Giants play the Cowboys in the NFC championship game in Dallas trying to beat them for the 3rd time or Dallas trying to avenge their only two losses. Now that would be a ratings bonanza! I'm erect.
I was going to like your post until that. Just seems wrong to like a post that ends with that comment...:lol:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...that a boy. Why not...12's together

You seem to be this boards authority on passive aggression and now....irony too.
Double bonus

Heh, yep I see a fellow traveler. I'm trying to get better. Mixed results. You seem to be deep in denial.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't help yourself. :) Do you heavy sigh and roll your eyes when you type this stuff?
Not at all. I've posted many years about the entertainment of it all. Granted...it's one's own entertainment value.
Kinda like you now. You jumped in and seem to be having a good time here.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is a lock for the Superbowl. There are 5-6 teams that could win the Superbowl but nobody is a lock.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I've posted many years about the entertainment of it all. Granted...it's one's own entertainment value.
Kinda like you now. You jumped in and seem to be having a good time here.

Sure, thus my use of the word 'awesome.' What makes it awesome though, is how you're not aware you're even doing it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tends to happen when you have the best record. Still a lot of close games against good teams.
But your argument is a fallacy. If the Cowboys can't get to the SB because they "play close games," what does that say about every other NFC team when Dallas has the highest point differential? The Cowboys point differential more than double's Seattle's, yet most pundits are certain Seattle is the best team.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your argument is a fallacy. If the Cowboys can't get to the SB because they "play close games," what does that say about every other NFC team when Dallas has the highest point differential? The Cowboys point differential more than double's Seattle's, yet most pundits are certain Seattle is the best team.
I never said my argument was fact. It is my opinion. Usually teams with the best records have the best point differential.

The Cowboys don't have a defense anywhere near the level of Seattle. When it comes to close games, the stronger defense usually prevails.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said my argument was fact. It is my opinion. Usually teams with the best records have the best point differential.

The Cowboys don't have a defense anywhere near the level of Seattle. When it comes to close games, the stronger defense usually prevails.
And Seattle doesn't have an offense anywhere near Dallas. I saw what Carolina did to them last year. I don't see why Dallas couldn't do that to them. And by the way, the Seahawks and Cowboys haven't been far apart defensively this year, but offensively, they are very far apart.