• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh to sign with Dolphins -- 6 years 115 million

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Micro and Mebert thoughts on both Suh and Fairley leaving?? Somehow that's good right?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are about 8 active threads going 7 of them are last posted by you, all with mindless shit, you do it every time you get upset. Even better you turn right around and wonder why people "turn on you"

@ Micro and Mebert thoughts on both Suh and Fairley leaving?? Somehow that's good right?

I think it sucks, I was one of the people who wanted the Lions to Franchise Suh, I think he is worth the contract. Fairley does not bother me so much.

I hope the Lions can sign Knighton and Maybe Dan Williams, it won't be as strong, but the Lions would have enough money left over to plug other holes. I think Lions are not far away from a good defense still, not as good with Suh, but still good.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are about 8 active threads going 7 of them are last posted by you, all with mindless shit, you do it every time you get upset. Even better you turn right around and wonder why people "turn on you"

I think it sucks, I was one of the people who wanted the Lions to Franchise Suh, I think he is worth the contract. Fairley does not bother me so much.

I hope the Lions can sign Knighton and Maybe Dan Williams, it won't be as strong, but the Lions would have enough money left over to plug other holes. I think Lions are not far away from a good defense still, not as good with Suh, but still good.

They're all by me cause I just got to posting. I'm allowed to post in all the threads Mebert.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we STRONGLY disagree then. Hopefully that's ok w you. I'm fine w it.

With Suh and Fairley gone the Lions will now convert to a 2-4-5 defense featuring Ansah and Jones up front w Levy, Tulloch, Van Noy and Whitehesd at LB while Slay, Bill Bentley, Eric Ebron, Mille Leshoure and Jahvid Best will play corner.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely you can, but how many of those post are a slightly different variation of "at least they signed Orvlosky and Moore" you are not looking to add the conversation any more. You are just bringing everyone's conversation to a halt because you are upset

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. I think it's all relevant. I kept hearing on how the Lions were going to hopefully sign Revis and all these other big names and instead we lose Fairley and resign Orlovsky and Kellen Noore and Daryl Tapp. Fuck. I'm not going to feel bad about feeling bad.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has signed any free agent yet. Those three are cheap backend roster spots to fill before free agency begins. Lions could not really target any big names while they tried to sign Suh, sucks that it failed, but now they can sign a few high caliber players.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who was the guy who said I was nuts for suggesting Suh would go for $18m per this time last year?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's all this yapping about a avatar bet? I'll bet on the other team to shut it up.......It's a avatar, not your house or a car or 50 thousand dollars.....

I'll take the avatar bet and wont care which team is mine....

So what make believe bet did I just make and who am I rooting for?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your new avatar next year when Miami finishes with a better record than the Lions.

If the Jets were not in that division the Phins would be dead last. Miami does not make the playoffs and finishes a distant 3rd in the east.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a fall off did we have when Fairley missed the second half of the season? :scratch:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my $0.02 overall:

Were we really a contender last year with Suh? With all the games where we had to pull a rabbit from a hat in the fourth, I frankly think the Lions were lucky to make the playoffs. If we're advocating for reloading that minus all of our depth to tag Suh, I don't think we would have fielded a playoff team by any stretch of the imagination.

I think this coming year is lost unless we really hit on the draft and lower tier of free agency. Too many teams have too much cap space and, like Suh, everyone is in line to be overpaid this year. We should hunker down, extend Levy, Whitehead, etc. and build a consistent winner. If it pans out we can go all in in 2016 and 2017 before Calvin's window closes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my $0.02 overall:

Were we really a contender last year with Suh? With all the games where we had to pull a rabbit from a hat in the fourth, I frankly think the Lions were lucky to make the playoffs. If we're advocating for reloading that minus all of our depth to tag Suh, I don't think we would have fielded a playoff team by any stretch of the imagination.

I think this coming year is lost unless we really hit on the draft and lower tier of free agency. Too many teams have too much cap space and, like Suh, everyone is in line to be overpaid this year. We should hunker down, extend Levy, Whitehead, etc. and build a consistent winner. If it pans out we can go all in in 2016 and 2017 before Calvin's window closes.

What leads anyone to believe Levy will resign here? His two best assets just left town. Why play here when we can sign somewhere else and play behind a much better line?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a fall off did we have when Fairley missed the second half of the season? :scratch:

Well, we beat the Pack w him and lost without him? Now we go 0-2 vs them.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What leads anyone to believe Levy will resign here? His two best assets just left town. Why play here when we can sign somewhere else and play behind a much better line?
Basic business sense. In the NFL every year can be your last due to injury. You extend the guy and get him his long-term contract that he can insure, and he's set for life. He'll have made $9MM to date at the end of this year. If you offer him $15MM now, with about $20 guaranteed, he'd be a fool not to extend for 4 more years at $8MM-9MM per. He's probably going to get that or a bit more on the open market if his 2015 is like his 2014, but this way he gets it a year early and his financial future is certain. He can, of course, choose to roll the dice and hope for good fortune, but this is why guys extend in the NFL - a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basic business sense. In the NFL every year can be your last due to injury. You extend the guy and get him his long-term contract that he can insure, and he's set for life. He'll have made $9MM to date at the end of this year. If you offer him $15MM now, with about $20 guaranteed, he'd be a fool not to extend for 4 more years at $8MM-9MM per. He's probably going to get that or a bit more on the open market if his 2015 is like his 2014, but this way he gets it a year early and his financial future is certain. He can, of course, choose to roll the dice and hope for good fortune, but this is why guys extend in the NFL - a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Hey- you watch it with that common sense stuff around here. Irrationality is the word of the day today...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord Rob -- the sky isn't falling.

The amount they say Detroit offered him, IMO, is STILL too much money for a DT. 17 million is crazy to pay a DT. 19 million is absurd.

Not paying 19 million to Suh is one of the only smart things the front office did in their handling of Suh.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see how "basic business sense" has anything to do with answering the question. I have advanced business sense and see no pros to Levy staying to work behind a patch work D line when he'll obviously receive substantial offers to play more a more storied frsnchise.

What football reasons does he have to stay?

What if they go 5-11?

Are you assuming he will be resigning with a 2015 playoff team? And if not why stay with a loser when winning teams will be there to sign him?