• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh to sign with Dolphins -- 6 years 115 million

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas, we all knew this was coming.....We all stated it years ago that the Lions got screwed with the new CBA.....The endless years of kicking the can down the road because of the new CBA has finally come home to roost......It's hear and we are paying for it.

We didn't need months of talking about tagging Suh to figure that out, if you did then I'm sorry for the lack attention to how the world and sports works.

We will finally not be handcuffed by the CBA and believe it or not that frees up money to spend on multiple players as oppossed to one Super star.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would have matched that offer. I don't think Suh is a good match in Miami, but to each his own. Everyone says "you can't tie that much money up in 3 players", but Suh was the only one of the 3 earning it. We'll never win if we're paying $40+ million a season to 2 guys who aren't living up to that contract unless we have at least another dominant force. And ours just left.

Report: Colts outbidding everyone for Nick Fairley : Fantasy News

Really can't blame him if he takes their offer without Suh this team is going down the shitter i expect for the next few years the Lions won't be signing anyone without overpaying

Lions are still super duper confident that genius Mayhew will pick up Nick's fifth year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is going to suck balls. Tanehill is due for a contract extension. They have to make several cuts just to sign Suh(the only have 11 million in cap space). They wont have either of their starting wideouts...(Hartline and Wallace)...Very likely Clay will be a cap casualty. The already cut Finnegan. Randy Starks goes for sure. They better hope that Suh makes thier D the best in the league....because they arent scoring many points. I bet they will lose more than 8 games.

Miami cut bad players to sign an elite one. That's smart. Wallace and Hartline were both gone after disappointing stints, anyone following Miami knew that. You're counting cutting Finnegan as a loss are you kidding me?

I'll make you an avatar bet right now that not only do the Fins win more than 8 games, they'll win more games then the Lions.

Consider yourself and the rainbow club you called this post a winner, challenged.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bright spot for me is that Suh will turn 35 before this deal is over. There will almost certainly be an unproductive year or two at the end.

That said, we just lost the second-best defensive player in the game and a future Hall of Famer. It'll hurt next year, though not as much as what would have been left of the team if we'd applied the franchise tag.

Fairley leaving anyway. Levy could bolt next year. Reiff the year after that. By then Calvin will be done and Stafford will be entering his 10th year.

At least by tagging him we had ONE last year of playoff contending football to look forward to.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the Fins are releasing Ellerbe too.

Smart move. With Suh they can grab some average OLB in the 3rd round and turn him into a potential pro bowler .

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny-gif-little-girl-cry-Disneyland.gif

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move. With Suh they can grab some average OLB in the 3rd round and turn him into a potential pro bowler .

Or move Dion Jordan back to LB and stick him behind Suh presto chango from bust to probowler

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or move dion Jordan back to LB and stick him behind Suh presto chango from bust to probowler

No man, Mayhew is using the money we saved to re-sign Jordan, along with studs like Orlovsky, Kellen Moore, Darryl Tapp and some guy from the CFL who didn't play last year.

Nothing to worry about.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're being sarcastic but Jordan is a Dolphin just so you know

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your new avatar next year when Miami finishes with a better record than the Lions.
I'm sure you're pretty dehydrated with all the crying and whining you've been doing. Time to change that tampon yet?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you're pretty dehydrated with all the crying and whining you've been doing. Time to change that tampon yet?

No need to speak to me like that. Would you say that to my face? You claim to be an adult but then act like this.

It should be ok w you how I express myself. It has no bearing on your life. I'm just having fun during an otherwise very bad time to be a Lions fan. Don't let it bother you so much.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're being sarcastic but Jordan is a Dolphin just so you know

Good for him. Another guy who escaped the dumpster fire.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like it is time for Rob's annual hissy fit because the Lions did not do what he wanted. Last year I believe it was because we spent all of our money on Golden Tate, and that Ihedigbo would never produce like Delmas. I look forward to the next four months of every thread getting hi-jacked so rob can say the exact same thing. Who cares about (Insert topic here), Lions don't have Suh so they will be terrible forever and ever!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like it is time for Rob's annual hissy fit because the Lions did not do what he wanted. Last year I believe it was because we spent all of our money on Golden Tate, and that Ihedigbo would never produce like Delmas. I look forward to the next four months of every thread getting hi-jacked so rob can say the exact same thing. Who cares about (Insert topic here), Lions don't have Suh so they will be terrible forever and ever!

Annual turn on Rob time cause I'm not congratulating Mayhew for losing Suh and Fairley.

Avatar bet, Mebert. I'm challenging everyone.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to speak to me like that. Would you say that to my face? You claim to be an adult but then act like this.

It should be ok w you how I express myself. It has no bearing on your life. I'm just having fun during an otherwise very bad time to be a Lions fan. Don't let it bother you so much.
I don't think its a bad time to be a Lions fan. One step closer to escaping cap hell. Cupboard isn't bare. You can't see it. I couldn't care less.

And yep, you're free to express yourself however you want. I'm also free to express my thoughts on your crying. Glad we've resolved that.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree that losing Suh is bad with out hijacking every thread to bitch. It sucks for the Lions, I just wish we didn't have to have all conversation stop everytime the Lions make you upset. You have made your point....repeatedly. Please let other fans talk Lions with out you bringing up the same shit over and over.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a bad time to be a Lions fan. One step closer to escaping cap hell. Cupboard isn't bare. You can't see it. I couldn't care less.

And yep, you're free to express yourself however you want. I'm also free to express my thoughts on your crying. Glad we've resolved that.

I think it proves your lack of class talking to me like that. We're all supposed to be friends here. You could learn a lot about class from TPaul.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree that losing Suh is bad with out hijacking every thread to bitch. It sucks for the Lions, I just wish we didn't have to have all conversation stop everytime the Lions make you upset. You have made your point....repeatedly. Please let other fans talk Lions with out you bringing up the same shit over and over.

Hijacking threads? Wtf are you talking about. You're hijacking this thread crying bout me. You and Micro are the ones going off topic, turning this into a Rob thread.