• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stop running the ball

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to say this . smith is getting a lot of hype , much like any new starting qb . anything said by the players and coaches are the same things they said when Rg3 took over , to KC and now to smith

i think smith will do things KC couldnt do and vice versa

i think the vikings are the type of team i wish we had around KC when he was here . i think KC would thrive with this team as he has done before in the last 3 seasons

my hole mantra this year is going to be about exposing the double standards so get used to it . i wont drop it or get past it . i am going to point out the lack of core values the abc crowd has /had over the past few years because they simply didnt like the guy and more importantly argued that they did when it was obvious they didnt but didnt have the fortitude to come out and admit it

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I definitely dont.... especially not the local DC media

More for entertainment purposes. Laugh at not with

I thought Skins were building something and last year if they werent so injured and Pryor panned out as many thought they would have flirted with 11 wins while only really needing to address the RB and Dline this past offseason to take a step further (again under the assumption that Pryor would have performed bc now you can add WR to that list)

True but you never know in the NFL. I am just keeping an open mind on the season since the Redskins could do pretty well or maybe not so good. I learned my lesson with the Caps. This was basically the season where I had pretty much been resigned to the fact that they may never win the cup & look what happened.

Not stating that the Skins will win the SB or even come close. Just that most of us don't really know how they will perform this season. There are a lot of very entertaining stories at many positions on this team & they have real potential. Stay tuned - should be fun.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to say this . smith is getting a lot of hype , much like any new starting qb . anything said by the players and coaches are the same things they said when Rg3 took over , to KC and now to smith

i think the vikings are the type of team i wish we had around KC when he was here . i think KC would thrive with this team as he has done before in the last 3 seasons

my hole mantra this year is going to be about exposing the double standards so get used to it . i wont drop it or get past it . i am going to point out the lack of core values the abc crowd has /had over the past few years because they simply didnt like the guy and more importantly argued that they did when it was obvious they didnt but didnt have the fortitude to come out and admit it

Well good for you w/ that & I truly admire your passion. Personally - no offense to anyone - but I don't really care about what others have stated & don't want to get into a game of "told you so". I just want this team to do reasonably well to make for happier times for me and those around me. HTTR.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smith is a good quarterback. But for those of you that think he is our savior and is believing all this hype coming from camp, there is just one thing to remember. Andy Reid, who has a pretty darn good track record with QBs, concluded that Smith was not the guy to take them over the hump to the SB, so he let him go in favor of an unproven young QB. So much like the guy who we just got rid of, Smith will need a team around him, he ain’t gonna do it by himself. And wasn’t this one of the major beefs about KC from the ABC crowd?

I guess this is the double standard you are talking about, huh Dad?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is a good quarterback. But for those of you that think he is our savior and is believing all this hype coming from camp, there is just one thing to remember. Andy Reid, who has a pretty darn good track record with QBs, concluded that Smith was not the guy to take them over the hump to the SB, so he let him go in favor of an unproven young QB. So much like the guy who we just got rid of, Smith will need a team around him, he ain’t gonna do it by himself. And wasn’t this one of the major beefs about KC from the ABC crowd?

I guess this is the double standard you are talking about, huh Dad?
one of the few double standards .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now Ehb...don’t be bringing analytics to the table. Some think science is garbage. Then again, science doesn’t account for all variables.

For sure. But it's weird that people oppose the "let's use all the information we have" argument.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. But it's weird that people oppose the "let's use all the information we have" argument.

That is because certain people in the announcers booth still don’t believe in analytics...and certain people just accept wha “the experts” say, even though they are seldom right and never meanly honest. Have you ever heard an announcer say that guy just sucks or that guy is a lazy fat ass? Wouldn’t that be refreshing?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things can be true at the same time.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As evidence I present the Eagles box score last night 119 yards passing, 113 yards rushing :noidea:, however they did it they are 1-0.

Wow yes that 1 game in which they still were more productive passing with a backup qb really outweighs the hundreds of thousands of data points showing passing is far more important and effective :thumb:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow yes that 1 game in which they still were more productive passing with a backup qb really outweighs the hundreds of thousands of data points showing passing is far more important and effective :thumb:

as shown above the eagles won the superbowl and were a top rushing team . that is on the field and if AP and the skins run game lays an egg it will be hard to come up with a victory

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as shown above the eagles won the superbowl and were a top rushing team . that is on the field and if AP and the skins run game lays an egg it will be hard to come up with a victory

Yea the eagles don't love analytics or anything at all. Nope.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the eagles don't love analytics or anything at all. Nope.

and again an extreme position for or against is not smart . lets try balance on both schools of thought

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once more....In a league where one Head Coach's approach to the game varies from another's, two things can be true at the same time!:suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The key analytic here is it is fun to stir the pot. :pound::dhd::noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redskins 24 cards 6 , 186 yards rushing . exhibit B for balance .