• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still too early to call Dak a fraud?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is the new...Quincy Carter then? Sounds good to me!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and supposedly an all-time OL. Not gonna cry for him.
Me either.

But it makes life hard for a moderately talented QB when he's the second best offensive weapon.

Even Romo would struggle with that group.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blank-stare-simon-cowell.gif

''ALDO, ALDO CELLA!'' How are you? I think he will be fine, middle of the pack and serviceable QB

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, he has a bad offensive coordinator, subpar receivers and a "vaunted offensive line" that has started looking downright mediocre.

But is Dak Prescott maybe not that good?

The Cowboys' quarterback failed to throw for 200 yards for the ninth time in the last 11 games. He appears completely and utterly out of synch, unable to sustain drives or produce big plays at key moments.

Dak Prescott’s brilliant start has begun to sour. Here’s what Cowboys need to do next

Is Dak a dud? Or does he deserve more time, with a real coach, to prove whether he belongs as a starting NFL QB?

tenor.gif

No, it's not. As a matter of fact, this was good to say at the end of last year. People don't realize he was only good because he was a surprise rookie starter that noone had really any tape on. Now that there is tape on the guy, people have caught on to what he does and most people have realized that what he doesn't isn't that special. I will say that it doesn't help that he has the shittiest O-line I've ever seen.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Who are his WRs? TE?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freshman Dak was the product of an O-line playing out of its mind, decent to good WR's (good or playing above their head), and an extremely talented RB. And no tape on Dak and Zeke at the time.

Dak, at no point was asked to carry the team.

In year 2, things already were different. Zeke out, O-line coming a bit back to earth, and Dez and Witten finally truly declining. Suddenly Dak was asked to carry the team, and he simply could not. Then, it was suddenly the lack of weapons, that caused his downfall.

And now, he is still falling of a cliff. Last year - before the play-offs - I argued Dak could be someone in the mould of Nick Foles... in the right system, in the groove, and with the right supporting cast, he could be a winning QB. ... now, evidence is suggesting he at best might be a poor man's Nick Foles. Last year's week 17 game should have been a massive red flag: Dak being unable to move the Cowboys against the Eagles 2nd and 3rd stringers on defense, with Zeke in the line-up.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dak can be a serviceable QB. since 2016 only Tom Brady has more wins.
Now with that said. He has been crappy so far this year.
His pocket presence is horrible & his reaction time is late (for everything)
Some of his hits are on him not the line.

He had a great 1st year & then the DCs got film on him & adjusted in the 2nd year. I have always thought he would be a 3 year evaluation. Now its his & the Cowboys turn to adjust to the DCs. Right now he is failing, but I would give him the rest of the year before turning the page. Hopefully he succeeds or fails. Worst thing that can happen this year for the Cowboys is if he manages mediocre zone. Right now you can tell he is playing with no confidence. Which makes him think, which makes him slow (late for everything) by seasons end I will be on one side of the fence about him or the other. I wont be sitting on it. But I will give him the 3rd season to sink or swim.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Who are his WRs? TE?

Still, he has that RB and that line and his passer rating (27th) is below Josh Allen of Buffalo. Buffalo has no OL, no WR, and an injured, aging RB.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, he has that RB and that line and his passer rating (27th) is below Josh Allen of Buffalo. Buffalo has no OL, no WR, and an injured, aging RB.

Still who are his playmakers? He lost the best center in the league and the Oline hasn’t been great at all.

And he’s got Linehan and Jason Garrett :L

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has had the third most time to throw of any NFL QB, 2.99 seconds. This is an interesting stat, as it shows who has time, but also who holds the ball a long time.

My sense is Dak is holding the ball a lot because he doesn't make quick decisions, and doesn't have good receivers who get open off the snap.

Passing Stats | NFL Next Gen Stats