• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still too early to call Dak a fraud?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think what Cousins has is a higher ceiling. He is finally on a team where he is the guy for the forseeable future. Getting all the snaps. He was screwed a bit in Washington. I would feel safe saying he'll be a top 7 QB for the next few years. I really don't know what Dak is. He is trending the wrong way. It's not all his fault, but I think that first season was an exception and not really who he is at QB.

View attachment 187564

MIN overpaid for Cousins imo, but just about every big FA is overpaid.

He's Matt Ryan, Tony Romo w/ less credentials. He's got the game to put up good stats year after year, but when crunch time comes in the big games...they probably will come up short.

Dak is trending the wrong direction, but none of his weapons aside from Zeke is anybody that you need to game plan for...you take a QB with some limitations, and give him mediocre weapons, the results are probably going to look similar to DAL 3 games in.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel bad for Dak.

That offense has one skill position player that would be on the roster of most teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now based on a big enough sample size Dak is not a franchise QB. I do agree that he has proven that he can run and offense and be effective with help. I am beginning to wonder if he needs elite talent around him or can he get it done with just good players.

If he keeps playing like this he may get a contract for backup money. Right now he is not worth $20+ mil a year.

Anybody trying to make Dak out to be anymore than a serviceable QB (even in his best season) is really reaching. They had the big OL, rookie stud RB and a QB that played mistake free ball. He wasn't asked to throw it 40 times to win games. This in bold is really all we have to go off at this point.

I think DAL knows that Dak can't carry the team, but Romo couldn't carry the team they have right now.

Where I agree with you 100%...regardless of the roster, if Dak doesn't pick up his game, he's going to be looking at a back up deal after his rookie contract expires.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is a poor man's Tyrod Taylor.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scales is all messed up...I still can't get over the Garropollo and Cousins deals

Especially if Cousins comes out and stinks it up like this weekend. Can't tell me that Vikes team wasn't looking ahead to Thursday.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIN overpaid for Cousins imo, but just about every big FA is overpaid.
I think most would agree. Same with Detroit and Stafford. SF and Garappolo. Raiders and Carr. Maybe even Atlanta with Ryan. It's odd because in the NFL, QB is unique because pay doesn't equal what the player is worth. There are too few high quality QB's. Teams just don't want to miss out. Funny thing is that it is very rare for a Superbowl winning team to be paying top 10 money for a QB.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called him a fraud in his first year and was told by various Cowboys fans on this forum that: "you are jealous" despite us having RW so I have no clue wtf that was about.

Regardless, the reason I called him a bust is his mechanics, arm strength, and ability to recognize defenses. Dak's footwork is absolutely horrid and his stutter step could probably put Prabhu Deva out of commission. He cannot throw out routes or anything downfield to save his life, and routinely fails to recognize blitzes and adapt.

Dak profited off a top 5 RB draft pick and an offensive line that my slow white (yes I went racial) ass could average 1.9 yards behind in the NFL.
Basically everything a QB needs to be effective.

That's some funny shit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically everything a QB needs to be effective.

That's some funny shit.

You're misreading his intent. He was criticizing Dak's lack of arm strength, shaky mechanics, and inability to recognize defenses (as most were as he exited college).

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're misreading his intent. He was criticizing Dak's lack of arm strength, shaky mechanics, and inability to recognize defenses (as most were as he exited college).
Oh. I got it. That is why it was funny.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Actually it's far too late. It was apparent when Zeke was suspended.