• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph Curry - First Unanimous MVP

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me when he gets his first Finals MVP. maybe thatll be in like 5 weeks but we shall see....maybe he wont need Iggy to hold his dick for him

Steve Nash had 2 mvps

LeBron james has 4....

Oh my god. WPOATA = Worst post of all time award?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry produces more wins than Lebron on sixers. Mark it down
no way.....Lebron got the '07 Cavs to the title series....there is no way in hell Curry gets that team to the Finals.

Curry is obviously a great player- he is 28 and already probably a hall of famer....2 mvp's, 1 title...

but even now- id take LeBron if I had one guy to start the team with....Curry obviously is amazing- and I think its a 1a, 1b situation....but LeBron elevates anyone and everyone at a level I just dont think Curry is capable of.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people act like the '07 Cavs was a Smush Parker, Kwame Brown type of team? It wasn't that bad.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ has honestly ruined the perception of how superstars are viewed in the NBA. MJ was such a dominant force, the greatest ever, that he became the gold standard instead of an anomaly.

Even with Jordan, he had Pippen for all of his championships. People have their views on Pippen as well but he's still one of the greatest 50 players of all time. Magic had Worthy and Kareem. Bird had Parish, McHale, Dennis Johnson. Even Kobe had Shaq or Gasol for all of his titles.

Historically if you look at the championship teams of the last 30 years, they've all had a really strong roster, including tons of depth or top tier superstar talent.

Steph couldn't have taken the 07 Cavs to the finals because his game is not the same as Lebron's. I don't see why people can't understand that. It's like saying Duncan wouldn't have taken the 07' Cavs to the finals by himself. Of course not. But that doesn't mean that Duncan isn't better than Lebron historically or individually.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand either.
dude...i watched at LEAST 95% of the games that team played....

Delonte West was the 2nd best player...an ancient Zydrunas was PROBABLY the 3rd best...

i remember thinking- if we could only get a role player to score 8-10 points thats good- like im HOPING Donyell Marshall can get just a couple buckets to help out...

Daniel Gibson definitely got hot during the playoffs- but honestly- that '07 Cavs team was pretty mediocre besides lebron.

love, ki obviously would be the 2nd best player on that team- but i also think TT, SMith would be....shit- shump and delly wouldve beeen nice upgrades over pavolovic and- im not even sure who the backup PG was...Gibson i guess....

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...i watched at LEAST 95% of the games that team played....

Delonte West was the 2nd best player...an ancient Zydrunas was PROBABLY the 3rd best...

i remember thinking- if we could only get a role player to score 8-10 points thats good- like im HOPING Donyell Marshall can get just a couple buckets to help out...

Daniel Gibson definitely got hot during the playoffs- but honestly- that '07 Cavs team was pretty mediocre besides lebron.

love, ki obviously would be the 2nd best player on that team- but i also think TT, SMith would be....shit- shump and delly wouldve beeen nice upgrades over pavolovic and- im not even sure who the backup PG was...Gibson i guess....

You must have been a Sonics fan that year because West was not acquired until the following season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Active Superstars Career Rankings:
Duncan
Curry
James

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to become one of maybe 4 truly transcendent NBA players since Jordan.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that he led the league in steals, but historically, 169 is a pretty low total for an NBA single-season high.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have been a Sonics fan that year because West was not acquired until the following season.
good call.....yah. West didnt come until the next year in the Ben Wallace trade....I remember Ben Wallace in the '07 playoffs on the laying on the ground in fornt of the bench with players surrounding him his back was so bad....

looking back at that '07 team....

The starting lineup in the post season was:

SG- Larry Hughes
SG- Sasha Pavlovic
SF- LeBron James
PF- Dwight Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilguaskas

the bench was:

Daniel Gibson
Donyel Marshall
Anderson Varejao
Eric Snow
Damon Jones

dude.......that is even worse than i remember to be honest....lol......SASHA PAVLOVIC AND DREW GOODEN??? LOL....STARTING on a team that wentt o the Finals?

yths is when andy was totally raw too....Gibson was a rookie....Eric Snow and Donyel Marshall were washed up as hell...

ATROCIOUS....i gotta say- Delonte WOULD have been the 2nd best guy on that team....Z i guess was still pretty decent then.....Gibson shot really well int he playoffs.....

but i mean.....shit.....im just thinking of bron's help right now......Frye and Mo and Mozgov are at the end of the rotation and those 3 would have all either started or had HUGE roles on this team.....

guys like KI, Love, TT, JR would all EASILY be the 2nd best players on this team...not even close...

HOW DO YOU MAKE THE FINALS WITH A STARTING BACK COURT OF SASHA PAVLOVIC AND LARRY HUGHES? LOL.....TERRIBLE!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to become one of maybe 4 truly transcendent NBA players since Jordan.
LeBron, Kobe, Duncan.........???

anyone else of note deserve that company?

i think guys like VC, McGrady, prime Howard, RW, Durant, just dont quite make it....right?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, Kobe, Duncan.........???

anyone else of note deserve that company?

i think guys like VC, McGrady, prime Howard, RW, Durant, just dont quite make it....right?

Not Duncan. Durant's getting there. As far as players that became the game itself, I was thinking of Allen Iverson. You could argue he was the best lb-for-lb player the game ever saw. Maybe not even a full 6-ft, dominated the game and had a mega-following. Never won a title because the 76ers roster was never good.

He, Kobe, and Shaq were the biggest stars in the league for about a full ten years after Jordan left in 98'.