• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Star Wars: Best Six?

Best six Star Wars movies?

• A New Hope

• The Empire Strikes Back

• Return of the Jedi

• Phantom Menace

• Attack of the Clones

• Revenge of the Sith

• Solo

• Rogue One

• Force Awakens

• Last Jedi

Results are only viewable after voting.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Poll: pick the best six Star Wars movies

2. Rank the SW movies in comments

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Force Awakens
6. Solo
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. The Phantom Menace
9. Attack of the Clones
10. The Last Jedi

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Return of the Jedi
  2. A New Hope
  3. The Empire Strikes Back
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. Rogue One
  6. The Force Awakens
  7. The Phantom Menace
  8. Solo
  9. Attack of the Clones
  10. The Last Jedi
Many folks dock Return of the Jedi because of Ewoks (and I get it), but the movie is loaded with epic showdowns - Rancor, Jabba, Endor Speeder chases, legion of stormtroopers against a small band of rebels, Lando versus Death Star II, Luke v Vader, Luke v Emperor. And it ends with Vader turning on the Emperor and the Death Star II exploding.

Most people call Empire #1, but it really didn't have much action in it to get excited about - the Hoth battle early and Luke v Vader at the end were really the only grand action. The entire middle of the movie on Dagobah and Cloud City was enveloped in slow-moving character conflicts.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was the first one?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first three are obviously the best.

I also enjoy Rogue One and The Last Jedi for what they are. Rogue One is loved because it kills itself to fit into the Star Wars universe and The Last Jedi is hated because it kills the Star Wars universe for little pay off. As standalone movies, both have moments of escalation that are cool and both are way better than the prequels.

Didn't watch Solo.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking my top 6 is easy. Ranking them is more difficult. I always have a tough time picking among the original 3. Assuming we're referring to the original versions, I'll go with:

1. Return of The Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Rogue One
6. Solo
7. Phantom Menace
8. Attack of the Clones
9. The Force Awakens
10. Ewoks Battle for Endor
11. Ewoks Caravan of Courage
12. The Clone Wars animated movie
13. The Star Wars Holiday Special
14. The Last Jedi

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Return of the Jedi
  2. A New Hope
  3. The Empire Strikes Back
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. Rogue One
  6. The Force Awakens
  7. The Phantom Menace
  8. Solo
  9. Attack of the Clones
  10. The Last Jedi
Many folks dock Return of the Jedi because of Ewoks (and I get it), but the movie is loaded with epic showdowns - Rancor, Jabba, Endor Speeder chases, legion of stormtroopers against a small band of rebels, Lando versus Death Star II, Luke v Vader, Luke v Emperor. And it ends with Vader turning on the Emperor and the Death Star II exploding.

Most people call Empire #1, but it really didn't have much action in it to get excited about - the Hoth battle early and Luke v Vader at the end were really the only grand action. The entire middle of the movie on Dagobah and Cloud City was enveloped in slow-moving character conflicts.

Agreed. I first saw ROTJ when I was very young so I didn't really care either way about the Ewoks. I loved Jabba and The Emperor though, even though the Jabba sequence didn't entirely make sense but whatever. Had I first seen ROTJ when I was older, I might have felt differently about the Ewoks. I know a lot of people didn't like that they took down the Empire but it's not like they did it single-handedly. Han had an entire team on Endor and he and Chewy were the co-MVPs of that battle. The turning point was when they used the AT-ST that Chewy stole to trick the empire.

Also before I saw a single Star Wars movie and before I had any concept of what a spoiler was, I had heard that Darth Vader was Luke's father from just about every kid I knew. In fact the first time I saw A New Hope, I was confused by what Obiwan told Luke and how there was no mention of Darth Vader being Luke's dad. It didn't bother me at the time because I didn't know any better, but one of the most epic twists in movie history was spoiled for me. I can try to imagine what it would be like watching it for the firs time without knowing, but I never actually got to feel that surprise, so that might be why it's not the easy #1 for me like it is for most people.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Return of The Jedi (I really love the Death Star battle)
2) The Empire Strikes Back
3) A New Hope
4) Rogue One
5) The Force Awakens
6) The Last Jedi

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also enjoy Rogue One and The Last Jedi for what they are. Rogue One is loved because it kills itself to fit into the Star Wars universe and The Last Jedi is hated because it kills the Star Wars universe for little pay off. As standalone movies, both have moments of escalation that are cool and both are way better than the prequels.

Didn't watch Solo.

Personally I think its better than a lot of people give it credit for. Unfortunately, it ended in a way that was going to set up sequels but the lukewarm reaction the film got made it so those sequels are unlikely.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESB
ANH
RO
ROTJ
TFA
ROTS
TLJ
Solo
TPM
AOTC

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there really enough great one’s to warrant a top 6?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't watch Solo.
As a person who is extremely anti- this entire new age Star Wars stuff... Solo is a solid film. It got carry over hate from The Last Jedi.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a person who is extremely anti- this entire new age Star Wars stuff... Solo is a solid film. It got carry over hate from The Last Jedi.

I thought it was a dumb idea to make a movie with someone other than Harrison Ford playing Han Solo. That might have turned a few people off as well. Once I got past that I actually enjoyed Solo quite a bit more than TFA or TLJ.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a dumb idea to make a movie with someone other than Harrison Ford playing Han Solo. That might have turned a few people off as well. Once I got past that I actually enjoyed Solo quite a bit more than TFA or TLJ.
I get the hate for TLJ from fans who have been there from the jump but (incoming: possible controversial opinion) I still think it is a lot better than TFA because it is an original story and not a regurgitation of A New Hope.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Rise of the Skywalkers
2) Empire
3) A New Hope
4) Return of the Jedi
5) Attack of the Clones