• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Rangers vs. Penguins

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put in talbot chant outside msg right now..... or at least id like to think so

LMAO.

If there is such a chant it probably is coming from the collective fans of all other Eastern Conference playoff teams.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any conflict of interest in cheering for a team with the hopes of gutting that team and making them watch as you eat their internal organs.
I still have a sinking feeling that is what is going to happen in this series.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good game from the Pens. Other than 1st period Thursday, this is the best sustained hockey I've seen them play in about twenty games. Guys like Chorney and Dumoulin are stepping up and eating big minutes. And Kunitz found his game for a few shifts when it mattered.

I don't see any conflict of interest in cheering for a team with the hopes of gutting that team and making them watch as you eat their internal organs.

I was wondering what you were playing at...

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely AMAZING the Rangers have only committed 4 penalties this entire series. That's pretty amazing. How did they manage that? Meanwhile, absolutely astonishingly, the Penguins have been given 12 minors in 5 periods of play, which is a record for 2 playoff games going back earlier than 80s. Just incredible. Every series/team is allowed to play "playoff hockey" this year except the Pens. And yes, playoff hockey includes harmless hooks and holds considering it's been let go the last 2 months leading up to the playoffs. But hey, what do I know? The Pens are Bettman's golden child and do nothing but protect them and help them succeed.

Amirite???

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely AMAZING the Rangers have only committed 4 penalties this entire series. That's pretty amazing. How did they manage that? Meanwhile, absolutely astonishingly, the Penguins have been given 12 minors in 5 periods of play, which is a record for 2 playoff games going back earlier than 80s. Just incredible. Every series/team is allowed to play "playoff hockey" this year except the Pens. And yes, playoff hockey includes harmless hooks and holds considering it's been let go the last 2 months leading up to the playoffs. But hey, what do I know? The Pens are Bettman's golden child and do nothing but protect them and help them succeed.

Amirite???

:L

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amirite???

I can't...I can't tell if this is a tongue in cheek comment because of Ranger hate or because of Pens fans complaints (haven't read the thread), but I will say that it's pretty amazing the amount of penalties being called in the postseason in comparison to the regular season. I mean, I led the "where'd the powerplays go?" cause this year, and they're suddenly back in spades in the playoffs. It's weird. Not just this series either, from what I've seen of the Detroit-Tampa series, it's just as crazy there. Although the opportunities seem to be equal. I won't complain too much about it, because majority of the calls were in fact penalties, but it starts to feel like the world is against your team when the calls are that lopsided and there hasn't necessarily been one team dominating possession. If one team never has the puck, it'd make sense, but that hasn't seemed to be the case.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't...I can't tell if this is a tongue in cheek comment because of Ranger hate or because of Pens fans complaints (haven't read the thread), but I will say that it's pretty amazing the amount of penalties being called in the postseason in comparison to the regular season. I mean, I led the "where'd the powerplays go?" cause this year, and they're suddenly back in spades in the playoffs. It's weird. Not just this series either, from what I've seen of the Detroit-Tampa series, it's just as crazy there. Although the opportunities seem to be equal. I won't complain too much about it, because majority of the calls were in fact penalties, but it starts to feel like the world is against your team when the calls are that lopsided and there hasn't necessarily been one team dominating possession. If one team never has the puck, it'd make sense, but that hasn't seemed to be the case.

There have definitely been deserving penalties, especially some of the slashes and high sticks, but Chorney's interference, as well as some penalties on Comeau / Sutter really just looked like puck battles. It would be one thing if it was going both ways, but through the first four periods of the series that wasn't happening. Eventually the zebras started calling some soft make-up calls against the rags, but that's not ideal either. It'd be better if there was just clarity on what constituted a penalty, but this is the NHL, after all.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall our first PP goal last game was off a penalty that I really didn't think was a penalty, so there's that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall our first PP goal last game was off a penalty that I really didn't think was a penalty, so there's that.
There have definitely been deserving penalties, especially some of the slashes and high sticks, but Chorney's interference, as well as some penalties on Comeau / Sutter really just looked like puck battles. It would be one thing if it was going both ways, but through the first four periods of the series that wasn't happening. Eventually the zebras started calling some soft make-up calls against the rags, but that's not ideal either. It'd be better if there was just clarity on what constituted a penalty, but this is the NHL, after all.

They were definitely handing out makeup calls. Which is an issue they created for themselves really because even they knew the numbers were like 6-1. I justified that first Rags penalty because of the blatant interference on Sid they ignored.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate makeup calls almost as much as I hate missed calls.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just popped in because I wanted to post the following:

tumblr_n3xjqxFnZi1rbvja1o3_r1_400.gif

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know there's issues when lapeirre is your only forward creating scoring chances