• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Rangers vs. Penguins

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pensblog guys have sources, honestly. So we'll see. The fact of the matter is, the Pens have like 4 guys in waiting to take the job.

Twitter is super interesting right now. Media guys are duking it out, while Rossi remains silent and hidden. DK (who I've grown to appreciate a lot more now that he's freelance) is going to TOWN on his former employer. Basically saying that he was there, it was no tirade, and it should have remained a private conversation. I'm pretty sure any journalist with tenure has gotten cursed before, which makes this situation just so bizarre. I'm agreeing with everything Dejan is saying right now: Rossi is bitter because DK got that big scoop last year with Mario and Burkle, it turned into his year long ripping apart/predicting doom for the Pens, and he's single handedly created a narrative that the end is neigh (he literally said this: "I know what's coming next summer"). This guy works for the "media partner of the Pens" and is spewing crap. It's incredible. DK is calling him out on his lies, and it's just so entertaining to see.

Isn't one of the tenets of good journalism to not make yourself part of the story?

I don't care that some worthless columnist had his feeling hurt. Short of a physical assault I frankly don't care about how journalists are treated.

The Pens organization is very image conscious though, I'm sure they care.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be shocked, it was always going to be a short term gig for Rutherford. Surprised they pegged Guerin as the replacement though, with Botteril having already been passed over once for the job.

I thought that after reading it. If this happens, no way they retain Botteril again. I can't imagine him wanting to stay.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't one of the tenets of good journalism to not make yourself part of the story?

I don't care that some worthless columnist had his feeling hurt. Short of a physical assault I frankly don't care about how journalists are treated.

That's on Morehouse. If there's one thing I want to happen this offseason, it's getting rid of him. His politics and corporate slobber can hit the road.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit Madden is a good guy in person, have played in his hockey tournaments over the years, always a good host.

I will also admit I'm tired of his schtick on the radio, not interesting anymore.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit Madden is a good guy in person, have played in his hockey tournaments over the years, always a good host.

I will also admit I'm tired of his schtick on the radio, not interesting anymore.

I hear that a lot, and I hear him say constantly that he does it for ratings/listeners. Can't overlook how he treats women simply for being women.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, exactly...good journalism! and then there's Rossi journalism.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that a lot, and I hear him say constantly that he does it for ratings/listeners. Can't overlook how he treats women simply for being women.

Understandable, never bothered me personally though. One of the reasons I used to listen was to hear the callers get berated man or woman.

He does a good interview though. Only guy I've heard able to make a Sid interview interesting.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's on Morehouse. If there's one thing I want to happen this offseason, it's getting rid of him. His politics and corporate slobber can hit the road.

Yeah, not a fan. I understand why each org has a guy like him, and they all do. Really started the dislike with him last year when his dumb face was everywhere during the GM change. A process he should have never been a part of.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is very true unless you played on one of his teams. You just got to the point where you tuned him out after all his yelling. :suds:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is super interesting right now. Media guys are duking it out,

i find it interesting because on your local level, your media is going after each other while on the national (well cdn & and some US beat writers) level, from what ive seen, they are supportive of Rossi ... probably because for the most part its a douchebag network of drinking buddies on the road who have felt that kind of wraith themselves and like seeing one of their brethren put a person they cover on the spot for their actions during a private interpersonal conflict

going back to the strange old boys drinking buddy network and going sideways here ... once upon a time, my brother (who is not a member of said old boys network - lol) had a cdn soccer player on his radio show who lied to him on air (there is audio - lol) and the cdn national soccer media (which is small potatoes lol) reaction to my brother pointing it out was ... "youre inserting yourself in the story"

well yah ... the dude lied to him ... he was part of the story lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find it interesting because on your local level, your media is going after each other while on the national (well cdn & and some US beat writers) level, from what ive seen, they are supportive of Rossi ... probably because for the most part its a douchebag network of drinking buddies on the road who have felt that kind of wraith themselves and like seeing one of their brethren put a person they cover on the spot for their actions during a private interpersonal conflict

going back to the strange old boys drinking buddy network and going sideways here ... once upon a time, my brother (who is not a member of said old boys network - lol) had a cdn soccer player on his radio show who lied to him on air (there is audio - lol) and the cdn national soccer media (which is small potatoes lol) reaction to my brother pointing it out was ... "youre inserting yourself in the story"

Thus far, the national guys coming to the aid sound like buddies. Sorry media members, you don't write a story like that, and Rossi has clearly been grinding an axe on the team all year.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, seems like the lie is the story, not who was lied to.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thus far, the national guys coming to the aid sound like buddies. Sorry media members, you don't write a story like that, and Rossi has clearly been grinding an axe on the team all year.

Yeah the whole "good ole boy" network with the media buddies is getting out of hand - what Rossi did is something nobody can defend because even if he did get yelled at, to make the story about you is not what reporters are supposed to do

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Rossi once. He wrote about Kang being a distraction for the Pirates based on very bizarre reaches on simple observations. I decided that was enough Rossi for me for an entire lifetime (especially since reporters who were actually spending time with the team said Kang was fitting in as well as possible given the language barrier).

From that one article, coupled with how many people hate him, I sussed out that he probably either makes a lot of stuff up or reaches way beyond what his observations could actually tell him, so I figured I wouldn't bother anymore.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Rossi once. He wrote about Kang being a distraction for the Pirates based on very bizarre reaches on simple observations. I decided that was enough Rossi for me for an entire lifetime (especially since reporters who were actually spending time with the team said Kang was fitting in as well as possible given the language barrier).

From that one article, coupled with how many people hate him, I sussed out that he probably either makes a lot of stuff up or reaches way beyond what his observations could actually tell him, so I figured I wouldn't bother anymore.

I have him blocked and all...but sometimes I can't help myself. This one was so in the realm of ridiculous it actually amused me. I do hate seeing GOOD beat guys coming to his aid (Yohe, et al) because they're friends.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know why the media gives Crosby a pass. He's got 3 goals in his last 20 playoff games. It's time for Crosby to step up.

I wouldn't call that stat being brought up in most articles about the games/series and several times during each game broadcast "giving him a pass" to be fair. (Reported)

This postseason, though, all the offense has been him, Hornqvist, and Sutter. Or at least most of it has. There are just too many other folks to criticize right now who are doing nothing at all, so despite his lack of productivity, Crosby doing something is just so much more than the rest of the roster that I think they're going a little easier on him than they would if the rest of the team was at least adequate.