• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some thoughts on the Seahawks

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you figure that out all by yourself? ;)

Yeah, I coined that phrase along with "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." and "A little learning is a dangerous thing" and "Luke, I am your father." The last is my favorite one I wrote by myself because I spent hours figuring out the perfect name. Little known fact, it started out as "[Name], I am your uncle." Then, "[Name], I am your brother." It just didn't sound right and I thought it a bit of a "so what?"

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You coined that phrase? Okay.

Yeah, I coin a lot of phrases, like Steve Martin's "“Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them.” and “I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks.” And Chris Rock's "“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'ColIn.' Need I say more?” Also, “Don't argue [with women]! You cannot win, you cannot beat a woman in a arguement. It's impossble you will not win. Cause men, we are handicapped when it comes to arguing cause we have a need to make sense.”;)

Last edited by a moderator:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Seattle will play us tough this year, but we can take them.

The last Seattle game was a battle. Marshawn Lynch ran hard and pretty well and broke our rushing TD shutout. The Seahawks were in it until the end when I think Tavaris Jackson had a forced fumble.

So I expect a battle with Seattle.

Arizona is more in shambles, and Rams are still somewhat rebuilding. I think Seattle will be #2 in our division. We will have to play good football to beat them.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I like about the seahawks is their secondary, other than that fuck em'. I hate pete carroll with a passion.

I missed this one - LOL!!! Great Post!!!! I Rep You Juice!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll and John Schneider have been able to draft pretty well in the later rounds, they've developed a good young secondary and seem to have a knack for finding defensive talent. The offensive side of the ball is more of a question mark --- Marshawn Lynch has been awesome, their offensive line was injured last year, and Sidney Rice was injured as well, if they get their line problems resolved and if the qb is an improvement over an injured Tavaris Jackson (what are the odds?) they can be dangerous. The nice thing is that so far they have not shown much of a pass rush, and Flynn hasn't distanced himself from a rookie. I think they have a good young team, particularly on defense, but their receivers, o-line and qb all seem to be in flux. Also Carroll is limited on offense, even though he likes the same run first offense Harbaugh does he's not as creative with the running game as Harbaugh.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huddle: Russell Wilson Rises, Mike Vick Crumbles, and Tony Romo Will Be the End of You - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
Matt Flynn joins prestigious group of $25 million backups

OK, that might be a bit premature, but at least for now, Russell Wilson is the starting quarterback in Seattle. If Wilson does end up winning the starting job for the Seahawks, it seems easy to laugh about the money the team shelled out for Flynn this offseason only to sit him on the bench. The problem is, it’s tough to blame them. Seattle clearly needed an upgrade at quarterback, and although there was a risk in assuming it was Flynn and his short résumé, there weren’t a ton of options.

The takeaway from this probably isn’t that the Seahawks made a mistake with Flynn, but that they might’ve found a gem in Wilson. As the shotgun permeates the NFL, the dismissal of short quarterbacks will lessen. Wilson is maybe 5-foot-10, but throughout his entire career, he’s shown an ability to create, and it’s been with his arm far more often than he’s given credit for. There were about 10 million guaranteed reasons the Flynn signing was risky. There were next to none in drafting Wilson in the third round. We’ll see if that’s the choice that eventually brings the reward.

I laughed out loud when I read the heading. Can't wait for Kolb to join the club!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed out loud when I read the heading. Can't wait for Kolb to join the club!

Kolb is in his own club, the $60 million dollar backup club.

For all the shit Cardinals fans gave us on ESPN about Alex Smith being a bust, I take great pleasure in watching Kolb fail. I'm hoping for the same karma with the Seahawks and Flynn.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kolb is in his own club, the $60 million dollar backup club.

For all the shit Cardinals fans gave us on ESPN about Alex Smith being a bust, I take great pleasure in watching Kolb fail. I'm hoping for the same karma with the Seahawks and Flynn.

Yeah, the offseason had great buildup and the preseason had great fall so far on all fronts. I have been enjoying this off-season so far.

Disclaimer for weary board members: Alex Smith reference coming up. (Although just seeing me posting is disclaimer in itself.)

I hope the buildup about Smith knowing the offense better, working on his mechanics, and having better weapons doesn't fall, too. Remember, Deep9er is the scapegoat for all jinxes this season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle can still be dangerous as demonstarted almost every year. but the team who can really get good in a hurry is the Rams. if they draft more right than wrong, they'll not only be good (in a few years), but can stay there a while.

I think this is an accurate statement - and sooner rather than later. If Sea & Ari can solidify there QB issues then the NFC West might put two in the playoffs for a few years.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Seahwaks could be tough if they get inspired QB play from Russell, and Edwards, TO and Sidney Rice all play well.

They have a decent defense.

I would not underestimate them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Seahwaks could be tough if they get inspired QB play from Russell, and Edwards, TO and Sidney Rice all play well.

They have a decent defense.

I would not underestimate them.

yep, all Division games shouldn't be underestimated, no matter who looks better on paper. not that i'm worried about them now, but on those specific game days, yes...do take them seriously.

at worse case i'd take 4-2, splitting with Arizona and Seattle.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Seattle has a snowball's chance in hell of trading T. Jackson? I think that they'd be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him since everyone watching knows that Wilson looks like a solid QB and Flynn hasn't looked terrible, but he hasn't looked outstanding either.

With that, why would anyone trade for a guy who is most definitely going to get cut because of his pricetag?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Seattle has a snowball's chance in hell of trading T. Jackson? I think that they'd be lucky to get a 6th rounder for him since everyone watching knows that Wilson looks like a solid QB and Flynn hasn't looked terrible, but he hasn't looked outstanding either.

With that, why would anyone trade for a guy who is most definitely going to get cut because of his pricetag?

Maybe Arizona, they don't mind having 60 million dollar backups...what's anotherv20 mil for their scout team?