• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are as close as you think you are to a Super Bowl,
You kidding me?
you can't be serious.

Doesn't a team first need to compete for the leagues final 4? How can any Dallas football fan possible think close to SB when you haven't won two consecutive playoff games to even play in a conference championship game for the last 27 years?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are as close as you think you are to a Super Bowl, you don’t get rid of a major weapon on offense. However, we did lose to them last year at home with Cooper who was open a ton that game but was not targeted. I’m hindsight, maybe we did not need Cooper. Just needed Dak to not throw awful picks and to hit open receivers such as Gallup when he had the chance. Agree with the rest of the moves - Collins needed to be gone and never thought we could rely on Gregory.
OK, I’ll give you that one even though I’ve been saying Cooper was 100% gone last off-season since the day he signed the contract based on the structure and us having Lamb. But, the key part of that is, who thought over the off-season they were close to a SB this year? This why keep a $20M WR who wasn’t here long term anyway when the cap space could better be used elsewhere.

if I had it to do all over again I would do it the same with regards to the guys we let go. I said before the season I would have brought in a DT and signed a Hilton type before the season started instead of during (never liked Washington and never trust rookies to contribute year one unless top 10 picks). The fear of Gallup not being the guy he was pre-injury unfortunately came to fruition. This one I can’t blame them for. I figured by playoff time he would be the same guy Or real close to it. Now I’m worried he won’t be the upper end #2 I thought he was. After they brought in Hankins they solved the NT half of the DT equation. I also wanted to bring in another CB before the season but if I knew Bland would have been as good as he was I would have been fine with the top 4 and not expected two of them to get hurt. I wanted to bring in a different backup QB badly, but again that worked out for us. I wanted Wagner and a Center/Guard as my top 2 free agents. I still think Wagner would have completely changed our defense and there’s a good chance we have HFA and/still playing. Barr was overall a disappointment to me And looked more a part time player. LVE exceeded my expectations. Center we were ok and I can’t blame the injury and while McGovern was easily the weak link on the OL if it were not also for the Steele and Peters injuries we would have been solid there too by playoff time in large part due to their drafting of T Smith 73. And late in the year once Biadasz came back I think Mcgovern actually played OK.

If Dak played better I think we beat SF. If Pollard didn’t get hurt we perhaps beat SF. So we ended up a lot closer to a SB team than I thought over the Summer. So Jerry and the boys did a better job in the off-season than I gave them credit for. We are good enough to beat any team in the NFL when Dak plays well and I mean even when the other team plays their best and I’m including Philly, SF and the big 3 in the AFC). But we remain lacking when Dak doesn’t play.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are as close as you think you are to a Super Bowl, you don’t get rid of a major weapon on offense. However, we did lose to them last year at home with Cooper who was open a ton that game but was not targeted. I’m hindsight, maybe we did not need Cooper. Just needed Dak to not throw awful picks and to hit open receivers such as Gallup when he had the chance. Agree with the rest of the moves - Collins needed to be gone and never thought we could rely on Gregory.
Man the hard part about that though is that if you look at the majority of the teams moves over the last year, they have been right most of the time. As PDay said, the Collins and Gregory moves didn't kill us(though I can't give them credit for Gregory since they wanted him but boned up the contract). Even though they didn't replace Cooper, his absence at least allowed Lamb to turn into the monster they hoped he would be. They had an awesome draft. If anything, the talent evaluation of some of their own guys needs to be questioned, but I would hope that's more on the coaches than front office. Not playing Pollard more the last few years instead of Zeke was a huge waste. They obviously hit on Bland and Izzy in the secondary, they should have been on the field much sooner for Joseph and Wright. Josh Ball should never have seen the field. But that's really pretty nitpick. They had a great year

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kidding me?
you can't be serious.

Doesn't a team first need to compete for the leagues final 4? How can any Dallas football fan possible think close to SB when you haven't won two consecutive playoff games to even play in a conference championship game for the last 27 years?
I totally agree with this. If you could bring back all your key FA's(TP, Steele, LVE, Wilson, Schultz, Hankins), for this club to compete for a SB with Dak at QB, you need(IMO), an upgrade at OC, RB2, WR2, WR3, LG, C, DT, LB, and CB2. Oh, and a new kicker. That's a lot of to do's and not a ton of cap space

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. If you could bring back all your key FA's(TP, Steele, LVE, Wilson, Schultz, Hankins), for this club to compete for a SB with Dak at QB, you need(IMO), an upgrade at OC, RB2, WR2, WR3, LG, C, DT, LB, and CB2. Oh, and a new kicker. That's a lot of to do's and not a ton of cap space
I don't think this team will throw in their hand.
add, develop, and try again.
maybe, just maybe someday it won't be wash, rinse, repeat.

:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this team will throw in their hand.
add, develop, and try again.
maybe, just maybe someday it won't be wash, rinse, repeat.

:suds:
Nope, Stephen care more about "keeping his powder dry" I.E., not spending extra money more than Jerry ever did. I think that's a big reason why this club can't get over the hump. Look at the teams still playing...SF was a favorite already, but then the go get Christian McCaffery. The Eagles not only go get AJ Brown, they get Linval Joseph and Ndamukong Suh.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick as hell now!!! The freaking Eagles!!!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn wasnt expecting that. They destroyed the 49ers granted the 49ers didnt have a QB. Part of it though.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn wasnt expecting that. They destroyed the 49ers granted the 49ers didnt have a QB. Part of it though.
You cannot win a game with no QB. Just impossible. Eagles year. They had the easiest road ever to a Superbowl. While our last three, we had to beat hall of fame QB's to get there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is we'll put Brian Schotenheimer in his place and he's equally terrible.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read McCarthy is going to call plays. Good for Mike. It was bullshit to make him the HC and make him keep Moore as OC because Jerry thought he was a golden boy. McCarthy should have been calling plays from jump. Its what he is best at