• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this not a shot across the bow at McCarthy by Jerry ? Or am I reading the Jerry tea leaves wrong again ?
I have been way wrong before when it comes to Jerry
I think it's great for Mike. If my butt were on the line and I had always called plays, I would want to go out on my own merit

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is his job on the line? Granted, playoff expectations aside.
That's it really, playoff expectations. I just like the fact that he is going to get to do the thing that he was best at as a HC

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I guess Moore takes the fall for Dak and McCarthy. So be it. Dak had top 5 offenses under two coaches no longer here. I can’t believe Kellen did not take his dream job at Boise when he could. I hope he got his moneys worth. So much for being Dak friendly. Lol.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Moore takes the fall for Dak and McCarthy. So be it.
This would be a great time to explain this from a "fans" perspective. If it's Dak, understandable but Dallas is hardly the first team to put QB over OC. I'm interested in the McCarthy part.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the Chiefs could have put their foot on their throats before half but failed.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This would be a great time to explain this from a "fans" perspective. If it's Dak, understandable but Dallas is hardly the first team to put QB over OC. I'm interested in the McCarthy part.
The whole point of keeping Kellen when McCarthy was hired was to keep the system Dak friendly. One that he had played in for a while and have McCarthy there to tweak it to make it better. Dak could not excel in crunch time and McCarthy could have overruled Moore and not mismanaged the clock so much, but alas it’s all Moores fault. Not his QB who threw picks and shrunk in the playoffs two years in a row or the HC who failed to adjust and tweak the game plan and have his team play disciplined. Between Dak, McCarthy and Moore, I think Moore was the least of the Cowboys issues. I guess we will see what Dak and McCarthy are made of.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been torn on Moore all along. I think he is a good OC with the potential to be really good. But Dallas wasn’t a great fit for him. I think if he goes somewhere with a roster better suited to turn it loose he will do very well. Look out if he goes to the Chargers.

I think we need to hire Roman from Baltimore. Perfect fit for us. known as one of the best run game coordinators around. We just don’t have the ability to throw it all over the field.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of keeping Kellen when McCarthy was hired was to keep the system Dak friendly. One that he had played in for a while and have McCarthy there to tweak it to make it better. Dak could not excel in crunch time and McCarthy could have overruled Moore and not mismanaged the clock so much, but alas it’s all Moores fault.
I still think the same about your football opinions.

Not highly

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am Happy Moore is gone.
Think he will end up being a good OC, but he is still young & learning on the job as well. Still has growing pains to grow through.
If we nail it on the next OC, gives Dak a chance to grow & maybe learn some discipline. Kellen was a teammate of Daks before becoming his coach. I have no idea how their dynamic was, but this will be the 1st time we get to see for sure get to see a coach & player dynamic.
Dak fails in the next two years with whomever the new OC is gonna be. Then it is clear. Moore is a smart guy. Comes up with good plays, but often out smarts himself when calling them. Undisciplined defenses he can look like a genius. Disciplined defenses & his play calling would put us behind the 8-ball. If Dak was going rogue on the plays more than he should, hopefully the new OC can fix that since they will have a different coach to player dynamic.

If the new OC knows his shit. I honestly would rather the OC call plays over the Head Coaches.
This has nothing to do with McCarthy. Many Head Coaches call their own plays, but in my opinion. Only a few should. if you have the right people. I feel like it is better for Head coaches do Head coaching things & let OCs be liable for the play calling.
But no matter what. We needed a new OC. This is a good move.
Now lets hope we dont fuck up the next hire.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen was inexperienced when he was promoted. I think he was fine when he had a cupboard full of options. I actually liked a lot of things he did. It felt like he couldn't read the room at times, especially this year. But his genius walked hand-in-hand with Dak's play. Bad Dak and fewer playmakers in the finale isn't on Kellen. Not getting Dak in a sweet spot every game was his fault. When Dak has his bad games, seems like we refused to acknowledge it. Just let him try to fix himself and sometimes he could pull out of the funk. Next year Noah Brown better not be our #2wr and Zeke better not be playing more than 20 snaps.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we will see what he's got