• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have Dak AND McCarthy, we aren't winning any playoff game.

lets talk draft
As I said at the end of the game yesterday, any criticism of Dak lands you the tag of hater. Forget that he is on the books for $40 million per, when he overthrows a wide open receiver by 10 yards for a pick deep in our end, it happens. Also the fact that he has thrown more picks than any other QB in the league since he has returned. But you've won me over, I would take him over Mahomes or Allen as long as that qualifies me as a REAL fan. Let's Go!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the fact that he has thrown more picks than any other QB in the league since he has returned.
so the media keeps telling us.

It was better when he held the ball, remember that complaint when he signed the contract?

Lets just get a new QB, that's the issue

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you've won me over, I would take him over Mahomes or Allen as long as that qualifies me as a REAL fan. Let's Go!
I bet you will remain you with regards to Dak and you have company

Fuck Prescott, fucking 40M...I want Mahomes or Allen.
This is a real fan!!

Go Cowboys!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said at the end of the game yesterday, any criticism of Dak lands you the tag of hater. Forget that he is on the books for $40 million per, when he overthrows a wide open receiver by 10 yards for a pick deep in our end, it happens. Also the fact that he has thrown more picks than any other QB in the league since he has returned. But you've won me over, I would take him over Mahomes or Allen as long as that qualifies me as a REAL fan. Let's Go!
LMAO, you just asked me "Who's complaining about his contract" and here YOU are COMPLAINING about his contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy here's your reaction to Dak and his $40m the day he signed. Get over his contract already.

For all the people nationally ripping Jerry, this is really a win-win. Dak hit the jackpot for sure, but his cap hit is reduced to $22 million this year, there is a clause in the deal that allows Jerry to go in and convert salary to signing bonus at any time to gain cap space, and when the new tv deal hits, this contract won't look that bad. Best news is the Cowboys have cap space, premium picks, an easier schedule, and lots of injured players coming back, including Dak. Could be a big bounce back year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, you just asked me "Who's complaining about his contract" and here YOU are COMPLAINING about his contract.
You still won't answer though will ya big guy? Pollard, Shultz, Steele, Lamb, Parsons and Diggs. Pick 3 to part with

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy here's your reaction to Dak and his $40m the day he signed. Get over his contract already.
I don't hate him dude, just dressed down as a hater when I criticize him, as his pay now warrants. Also by saying in 2 years I would not resign him unless he elevates his game. I would love for you to show me where I said I would cut Dak today. Go find that one super sleuth.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still won't answer though will ya big guy? Pollard, Shultz, Steele, Lamb, Parsons and Diggs. Pick 3 to part with
Again, Daks contract is done so it means nothing to me at this time. I always had an issue with Zekes contract, but it's done so be it.

IMO Zeke either agrees to a pay cut or he's gone, the CAP will go up, and other contracts will be redone to cain space. I'm sure there will be money for all of those you mention, but I wouldn't resign Schultz, they have enough quality cheaper options already on the roster. I also see about drafting Steele's replacement rather than paying him.

So now that I answered yours, let me ask you a question.

Out Pollard, Lamb, Parsons and Diggs, if after they sign, and they putter out, will you harp on their contract?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate him dude, just dressed down as a hater when I criticize him, as his pay now warrants. Also by saying in 2 years I would not resign him unless he elevates his game. I would love for you to show me where I said I would cut Dak today. Go find that one super sleuth.
I never said you hated him, I said stop crying about his contract.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Daks contract is done so it means nothing to me at this time. I always had an issue with Zekes contract, but it's done so be it.

IMO Zeke either agrees to a pay cut or he's gone, the CAP will go up, and other contracts will be redone to cain space. I'm sure there will be money for all of those you mention, but I wouldn't resign Schultz, they have enough quality cheaper options already on the roster. I also see about drafting Steele's replacement rather than paying him.

So now that I answered yours, let me ask you a question.

Out Pollard, Lamb, Parsons and Diggs, if after they sign, and they putter out, will you harp on their contract?
Sigh...no, because Parsons and Diggs are GREAT defenders and will deserve the money they get. Pollard, IMO, deserves a contract, he has low tread on his tires and is a GREAT player. Steele is imperative to keep IMO, because he is going and grades out nearly as well as Martin this year and Peters and Tyron will be long gone in 2 years. We have 2 guys to replace Shultz though there will be a drop off. I think Lamb also must be kept at all costs. So the question is...in 2 years, do you think you can carry a RB, RT, CB and WR paid top of the league money, a defensive end who will want to be the highest paid defensive player in the history of the game, and a QB who will want to be the highest paid player in the league(Dak has proven that will be exactly the case) and fit all that under the cap? I'm 100% talking in 2 years about Dak, you will never find a post where I have said bench him now or next year

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...no, because Parsons and Diggs are GREAT defenders and will deserve the money they get. Pollard, IMO, deserves a contract, he has low tread on his tires and is a GREAT player. Steele is imperative to keep IMO, because he is going and grades out nearly as well as Martin this year and Peters and Tyron will be long gone in 2 years. We have 2 guys to replace Shultz though there will be a drop off. I think Lamb also must be kept at all costs. So the question is...in 2 years, do you think you can carry a RB, RT, CB and WR paid top of the league money, a defensive end who will want to be the highest paid defensive player in the history of the game, and a QB who will want to be the highest paid player in the league(Dak has proven that will be exactly the case) and fit all that under the cap? I'm 100% talking in 2 years about Dak, you will never find a post where I have said bench him now or next year
I guess you missed the question. IF one of them putters out after a LTD will you harp about that contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. So the question is...in 2 years, do you think you can carry a RB, RT, CB and WR paid top of the league money, a defensive end who will want to be the highest paid defensive player in the history of the game, and a QB who will want to be the highest paid player in the league(Dak has proven that will be exactly the case) and fit all that under the cap? I'm 100% talking in 2 years about Dak, you will never find a post where I have said bench him now or next year

As for this. We signed Dak to a Franchise Level contract PERIOD. So again it has no play in any other contract, unless you're saying we draft a FRANCHISE QB every 3rd or 4th year and NEVER give those QB's a 2nd contract.

I'll be honest I've considered this as an option if I ran a team because I truly believe that if I have the best and deepest OL's and DL's I'm winning games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that players on this team can't be criticized is a little silly and yes your contract in a cap world unfortunately does become part of the conversation as Dak and Zeke and Tank and Cooper and many other players around the league all have heard many times know all too well. Again, I didn't see yesterday's game so I can't speak to that, but you damn sure better be ready to be held accountable if you didn't play well when we probably should have lost to the worst team in the league last week and followed it up with a very improbable loss after being up so much, which we amazingly also did about a month ago. It's not about losing or almost losing one game, it's the cumulative effect of stringing clunkers together. It could just be we had one too many injuries for this team to overcome or it could be we are just in a little bit of a rut that we need to break out of. Not every team is built to withstand losing multiple starters. Regardless, it's obvious we are definitely not heading in the right direction right now. I suspect a win against the Eagles could change that, but I struggle to predict it happening right now. Amazingly we are actually a favorite right now for next week. So someone who makes a lot of money off of such things thinks we still have a chance.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this. We signed Dak to a Franchise Level contract PERIOD. So again it has no play in any other contract, unless you're saying we draft a FRANCHISE QB every 3rd or 4th year and NEVER give those QB's a 2nd contract.

I'll be honest I've considered this as an option if I ran a team because I truly believe that if I have the best and deepest OL's and DL's I'm winning games.
I don't think it's that black and white. I think the issue teams face isn't to never give any QB a second contract. I think the issue is deciding who to give one to and who not to. But no two QBs or situations are alike so you can opt against giving one a contract but decide to give the next one a contract even if you feel the going rate for QB contracts is worth it..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed the question. IF one of them putters out after a LTD will you harp about that contract.
Nope. But I will say they aren't playing up to their contract. Dak got outplayed by Lawrence yesterday. Agree or disagree?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that players on this team can't be criticized is a little silly and yes your contract in a cap world unfortunately does become part of the conversation as Dak and Zeke and Tank and Cooper and many other players around the league all have heard many times know all too well. Again, I didn't see yesterday's game so I can't speak to that, but you damn sure better be ready to be held accountable if you didn't play well when we probably should have lost to the worst team in the league last week and followed it up with a very improbable loss after being up so much, which we amazingly also did about a month ago. It's not about losing or almost losing one game, it's the cumulative effect of stringing clunkers together. It could just be we had one too many injuries for this team to overcome or it could be we are just in a little bit of a rut that we need to break out of. Not every team is built to withstand losing multiple starters. Regardless, it's obvious we are definitely not heading in the right direction right now. I suspect a win against the Eagles could change that, but I struggle to predict it happening right now. Amazingly we are actually a favorite right now for next week. So someone who makes a lot of money off of such things thinks we still have a chance.
I agree with that. Dak has more interceptions than ANY starting QB in the NFL since his return. To say he is not playing up to what he is being paid is a statistical fact. Doesn't mean lets cut him today