• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still won't answer though will ya big guy? Pollard, Shultz, Steele, Lamb, Parsons and Diggs. Pick 3 to part with
you really see this as the issue?
this is your concern?

Fuck, Mickey Mouse can QB this team, I want multiple playoff wins in the same playoffs.
NOTHING about building my tent around Pollard, Shults, Steele, Jamb or Diggs matters.
#11 ain't going anywhere anytime soon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case...That is not my point at all.
I grew up at the Cotton Bowl with Meredith at QB. Criticizing the QB has been a right of passage since 1965/66.

:yo:
No, not directed at anyone in particular or even just this board. I just think sometimes valid points are made on the negative side as much as the positive side. It's when they are always one sided that it bothers me

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not directed at anyone in particular or even just this board. I just think sometimes valid points are made on the negative side as much as the positive side. It's when they are always one sided that it bothers me
me as well.

My team goal for this season is still in sight but it's very unlikely I see it accomplished this season.
My expectations weren't all that high.

My interest NOW may be how we collectively collapse this season.
It's so Jerry like if our defense disappears in crunch time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see us lose like we did
BUT
Am I the only one that noticed when Prescott went over to stop the return, he was blatantly pushed in the back?
Funny....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes.... barely
Dak was also harassed more in the pocket than Prescott
what's your point?
Barely? Interesting.
My point is, Dak is paid a lot more money, surrounded by a lot more talent, and got outplayed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really see this as the issue?
this is your concern?

Fuck, Mickey Mouse can QB this team, I want multiple playoff wins in the same playoffs.
NOTHING about building my tent around Pollard, Shults, Steele, Jamb or Diggs matters.
#11 ain't going anywhere anytime soon
Then we want the same thing. I guess the reason I was "reactionary" after yesterday's game is seeing all the holes we have now vs early in the season, multiple playoff wins aren't very damn likely.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations were higher before all the injuries started to pile up on defense. A victory over the Eagles on Saturday would be huge. They need momentum. They got a chance as the game is in Dallas.

As far as Dak goes that pick six was not his fault. Brown has to catch that ball . It could be argued we faced a rising star in Lawrence. His play has elevated. The main issue I have with the offense is the fact they abandon the running game and get pass happy.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's that black and white. I think the issue teams face isn't to never give any QB a second contract. I think the issue is deciding who to give one to and who not to. But no two QBs or situations are alike so you can opt against giving one a contract but decide to give the next one a contract even if you feel the going rate for QB contracts is worth it..
I agree no two QBs are the same, but most of us agrred Dak should be paid the going rate, I for one just wish his payday came earlier. My point is we need to get past his contract now.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we want the same thing. I guess the reason I was "reactionary" after yesterday's game is seeing all the holes we have now vs early in the season, multiple playoff wins aren't very damn likely.
Possibly they could get some players back from injury if they can win the wild card game. One concern I got is they maybe can't improve their playoff seeding. Certainly they would be better off playing anybody but the Niners in the wild card round. They may want to rest some players if they are locked into the 5th seed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me as well.

My team goal for this season is still in sight but it's very unlikely I see it accomplished this season.
My expectations weren't all that high.

My interest NOW may be how we collectively collapse this season.
It's so Jerry like if our defense disappears in crunch time.
my expectations weren't all that high either but my goal was at least a playoff win and while we are clearly a flawed team, everyone else appears to be as well so I felt it was 50/50 and probably even higher than that. I still think we can win a playoff game even playing our #4 and #5 corners. I think Smith coming back negates the Steele injury and I'm hoping Hankins is back for the playoffs because the NFC clearly has some running teams in the playoffs. We need to stop turning the ball over though or we aren't beating any good team and our defense needs to step it up as well. I don't think Micah should be playing Edge 100% of the time. I think it is wearing him down.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely? Interesting.
My point is, Dak is paid a lot more money, surrounded by a lot more talent, and got outplayed.
same amount of turnovers,
4TD's to 3TD's, Lawarence
62 more passing yards in 12 more attempts for Lawarence
QB grade standards for those that look at have them very close.
I said Lawarence was barely better yesterday.

Lot more money?
Boy...we know how you feel about all that.

more talent?
okay, they were better on paper. You see the cowboy bench when they went ahead for the last time? They had won in their minds, game over.
You see the cowboy bench when they got that last turnover? Kearse waving good-bye to the crowd.

outplayed?
barely

500 plus yards of offense, passing, rushing...field day
Won the turnover margin too.
YET...AGAIN, Dak is paid too much and killing this teams chances to win.

Jerry is all about sense of entitlement because of the star. It breeds throughout the halls. Has for a very long time. I call it the Jerry curse, but that's just me. Most players go through the motions once paid and/or promote their brand for after football life. This isn't Dak, isn't Martin and won't be Parsons.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But I will say they aren't playing up to their contract. Dak got outplayed by Lawrence yesterday. Agree or disagree?
Last I checked Dak doesn't play against Lawrence, and Dak had a better QBR rating, Maybe it's the D's fault too, but then again as the norm around here if the D screws up it's the QB's fault.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hankins is back for the playoffs because the NFC clearly has some running teams in the playoffs. We need to stop turning the ball over though or we aren't beating any good team and our defense needs to step it up as well. I don't think Micah should be playing Edge 100% of the time. I think it is wearing him down.
Hankins will be huge if he can play unlimited.
The TO's contribute greatly to losing football games
The Dallas media screamed loudly about being full time edge and the team has lost focus on moving him around. Quinn needs to step up here with some scheme adjustments.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked Dak doesn't play against Lawrence, and Dak had a better QBR rating, Maybe it's the D's fault too, but then again as the norm around here if the D screws up it's the QB's fault.
QBR rating lol.
I said like 6 times there was blame all around but as usual, any critical comments about Dak bring on Armageddon.
The defense...I think it's just injuries. Joseph is having to start and he is a total bust. Most disappointing thing the last 3 weeks is zero pressure when we rush only 4.
Play calling...The Cowboys scored 34 but had some horrible decisions. Should have ran the ball on the play before Dak threw the first pick. Getting sacked up 10 on the first play after a TD by them was a disaster and led to the pick. Then, not running the ball on 3rd and 10 at the end of regulation was ridiculous. If you wanted to go for a 1st down to win the game that series, fine, pass it underneath, but to throw the deep ball to Brown there was a killer. Make them burn the time out. Any of those decisions go different and we likely win the game

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR rating lol.
I said like 6 times there was blame all around but as usual, any critical comments about Dak bring on Armageddon.
The defense...I think it's just injuries. Joseph is having to start and he is a total bust. Most disappointing thing the last 3 weeks is zero pressure when we rush only 4.
Play calling...The Cowboys scored 34 but had some horrible decisions. Should have ran the ball on the play before Dak threw the first pick. Getting sacked up 10 on the first play after a TD by them was a disaster and led to the pick. Then, not running the ball on 3rd and 10 at the end of regulation was ridiculous. If you wanted to go for a 1st down to win the game that series, fine, pass it underneath, but to throw the deep ball to Brown there was a killer. Make them burn the time out. Any of those decisions go different and we likely win the game
I don't think anyone is fully excusing Dak, but for many it seems he's the primary culprit. The D was horrible, injuries or not as they are part of the game. Play calling was horrendous on many plays.

If I'm pointing fingers at a primary suspect, I'm pointing at Moore. But then I never liked the idea of him as the QB coach, much less OC.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is fully excusing Dak, but for many it seems he's the primary culprit. The D was horrible, injuries or not as they are part of the game. Play calling was horrendous on many plays.

If I'm pointing fingers at a primary suspect, I'm pointing at Moore. But then I never liked the idea of him as the QB coach, much less OC.
Good point about play calling.. it was so damn dumb to stop the clock with that long pass on 3rd and 10. Should have run it there and forced the Jags to burn their final time out. The reason why the Jags we're able to tie the game was they had the timeout .