• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, who here had Phoenix representing the west in the NBA Finals during preseason???

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the odds on favorite to win at all, the Suns are proving they ain't any product of injuries (Phoenix has had a few of their own) - They're a damn good basketball team.

I knew this in 2020 and I stay true to it today...

Some people simply can't admit they're wrong.

Speaking from experience, I see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be me...

HurricaneDij's Too-Early 2021 NBA Western Conference Playoff Predictons

I also said this before Game 6 when just about everyone and their mother was loving the Clippers to even the series:

The Suns haven’t played their best game yet this series. I just have a feeling it happens tonight. As a bonus, I also want that imbecile Sam Quinn of CBS to look like the ass that he is if in fact the Clippers lose…

Series Thread: - Western Conference Finals: 4) L.A. Clippers (without Kawhi Leonard) vs. 2) Phoenix Suns (without Chris Paul)

And what do you know?:scratch: The Suns drop 130 that night.

Have a nice 4th everyone. :suds:

Sooooo, this aged well.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the odds on favorite to win at all, the Suns are proving they ain't any product of injuries (Phoenix has had a few of their own) - They're a damn good basketball team.

I knew this in 2020 and I stay true to it today...

Some people simply can't admit they're wrong.
This post is from 2022 also

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you also reverse an earlier prediction and pick the Suns? :scratch:
Not sure....when the playoffs started and even before I said the Suns looked like the team to beat. Thought that all the way until the 2nd quarter today.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they made it to the Finals, vastly improved and other contending teams were ravaged with injuries AND they still couldn't win.

Their window has closed. Am I saying they are disappearing from contending? Nope but they won't win a championship now with all the great opportunities they had the last 2 years. Plus, CP3 with another injury and he is only getting younger. Without CP3 it's just Booker, not a proven leader, with a bunch of guys that make a pretty good team. Booker is proving he can't be a #1 on a championship team, even when he was the best player- the team flowed through CP3. He was the leader.

Wonder if they could flip Ayton for assets or once CP3 is off the books-would another star come to Phoenix? It isn't likely but possible. The first step is either signing Ayton to something less than max or trading him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they made it to the Finals, vastly improved and other contending teams were ravaged with injuries AND they still couldn't win.

Their window has closed. Am I saying they are disappearing from contending? Nope but they won't win a championship now with all the great opportunities they had the last 2 years. Plus, CP3 with another injury and he is only getting younger. Without CP3 it's just Booker, not a proven leader, with a bunch of guys that make a pretty good team. Booker is proving he can't be a #1 on a championship team, even when he was the best player- the team flowed through CP3. He was the leader.

Wonder if they could flip Ayton for assets or once CP3 is off the books-would another star come to Phoenix? It isn't likely but possible. The first step is either signing Ayton to something less than max or trading him.

Reasonably likely that someone offers Ayton that max deal and forces the Suns' hand. Pistons, Spurs, Pacers, and Magic should all have room. Blazers can get there pretty easily.

They have a nice roster, not sure why they have dealt with Ayton like this. Or is it just a question of value for a trad-styled center in today's NBA?