• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: NBA talks fewer games, in-season event.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about they stop being snowflakes and play basketball?

The 1972 Lakers were a bunch 30+ year olds who had a record 33 game win streak that still stands today. They had 3 or 4 back to back to back games during that streak too.

And they still had enough energy to win the fucking championship.

I agree they are snowflakes, but i think less games is better for the fans. Each game would have much more meaning and be more exciting than the garbage they trot out on most nights with 1-2 stars not even playing.

The average NBA player is playing a lot longer tho and their prime is also being extended. We have some 40 year olds still playing lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they are snowflakes, but i think less games is better for the fans. Each game would have much more meaning and be more exciting than the garbage they trot out on most nights with 1-2 stars not even playing.

The average NBA player is playing a lot longer tho and their prime is also being extended. We have some 40 year olds still playing lol

Yeah, there definitely wouldn't be as many "load management" games. It's gotta suck for a fan to spend a bunch of money to go to a game only to find out the that the players they are actually there to see weren't playing because they wanted to "rest".

I just don't see it happening because I don't see the owners and players being willing to accept the resultant lowering of profits and salaries.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there definitely wouldn't be as many "load management" games. It's gotta suck for a fan to spend a bunch of money to go to a game only to find out the that the players they are actually there to see weren't playing because they wanted to "rest".

I just don't see it happening because I don't see the owners and players being willing to accept the resultant lowering of profits and salaries.

Yea, it makes no sense from a business standpoint to play less games vs more, but it's def better for the fans. I would be pissed if i spent a bunch of money to go to the game and then the players i wanted to see were out with "load management."

I would only go to the early season games, they all seem to play that. The rest is a crap shoot lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it makes no sense from a business standpoint to play less games vs more, but it's def better for the fans. I would be pissed if i spent a bunch of money to go to the game and then the players i wanted to see were out with "load management."

I would only go to the early season games, they all seem to play that. The rest is a crap shoot lol

Yeah, it used to be that "load management" was done at the end of the season when a team had it's playoff spot more or less locked up. So, as a fan, you knew that if you went to a game late in the season, there was a chance that the top players weren't going to play.

But these days, it might be game 25 and they may be out for "load management".