• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the west's top 8

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are still really good and one of the few title contenders plus have to expect lakers to rest davis and james often enough. Clippers should be expected to finish as the #1 seed based on that reason

Yeah, but Kawhi is probably going to miss more games than LeBron and AD combined.

There is the narrative that LeBron will rest every year, but he really doesn’t do it that often.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably 33-34 mins a night and low 60's seems about his norm

What?

Low 60s LeBron’s norm?

LeBron has missed more than 8 games twice since 2013. He has only played fewer than 69 games 3 times in his entire career, and 2 of those were shortened seasons (COVID and lockout)

He might start missing a lot of regular season games at some point, but betting on that and acting like it is normal is not wise.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

Low 60s LeBron’s norm?

LeBron has missed more than 8 games twice since 2013. He has only played fewer than 69 games 3 times in his entire career, and 2 of those were shortened seasons (COVID and lockout)

He might start missing a lot of regular season games at some point, but betting on that and acting like it is normal is not wise.

This is only a 72 game season...that's why I said low 60's. Usually it's low 70's like you said

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Kawhi is probably going to miss more games than LeBron and AD combined.

There is the narrative that LeBron will rest every year, but he really doesn’t do it that often.

Kawhi will play 52 game tops...I've heard from his sources those are his demands. Other demands, he will need a meditation room an hour before the game and he will only do postgame interviews an hour and a half after the game. If not, he will asked to be traded.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi will play 52 game tops...I've heard from his sources those are his demands. Other demands, he will need a meditation room an hour before the game and he will only do postgame interviews an hour and a half after the game. If not, he will asked to be traded.

And I guess my point is that multiple people on here predicted the Clips to finish with a better record than the Lakers.

That is certainly possible in an anything can happen kind of way, but there is absolutely nothing from the history of the main players on these teams that would lead me to that conclusion.

Clips had an inferior record last year and they got worse while the Lakers got better. Also, like you said Kawhi and PG probably going to miss more games than LeBron and AD.

If the Lakers aren’t the #1 seed this year it is most likely to be a team like Denver or Portland.

Then the Clippers again will have the best shot at beating them in the West playoffs.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess my point is that multiple people on here predicted the Clips to finish with a better record than the Lakers.

That is certainly possible in an anything can happen kind of way, but there is absolutely nothing from the history of the main players on these teams that would lead me to that conclusion.

Clips had an inferior record last year and they got worse while the Lakers got better. Also, like you said Kawhi and PG probably going to miss more games than LeBron and AD.

If the Lakers aren’t the #1 seed this year it is most likely to be a team like Denver or Portland.

Then the Clippers again will have the best shot at beating them in the West playoffs.

I would take Ibaka and his championship experience over Harrell, but to each his own.

And to those pissing and moaning about the Clippers, just because some of us are predicting them as the #1 seed does not mean we have them winning it all.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are still really good and one of the few title contenders plus have to expect lakers to rest davis and james often enough. Clippers should be expected to finish as the #1 seed based on that reason
Load management for Leonard and PG as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load management for Leonard and PG as well.

Kawhi maybe. Paul George i highly doubt. The Clippers main problem last season was a lack of chemistry due to games missed by those two from injuries.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Lakers
2-Clippers
3-Dallas
4-Denver
5-Utah
6-Golden State
7-Portland
8-Houston

Phoenix, Memphis and NO on the outside looking in. If Houston slips, Phoenix or NO make it as the 8 seed.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Lakers
2-Clippers
3-Dallas
4-Denver
5-Utah
6-Golden State
7-Portland
8-Houston

Phoenix, Memphis and NO on the outside looking in. If Houston slips, Phoenix or NO make it as the 8 seed.
Wouldn't surprise me if Denver finished higher, actually...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to those pissing and moaning about the Clippers, just because some of us are predicting them as the #1 seed does not mean we have them winning it all.

It's not that anyone is pissing and moaning. It's that some don't feel the Clips will finish with the best record in the West because Kawhi and probably PG will likely miss a lot of games for "load management".
I would take Ibaka and his championship experience over Harrell, but to each his own.

Ibaka was a nice get. But unless they make another move before the trade deadline, on paper the Clippers aren't any better than they were last year and may not be as good.

The Lakers, on the other hand, actually managed to get younger and addressed every issue they had from last year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tossup IMO between Dallas and Denver for 3rd seed. I went with Dallas because of Doncic and Porzy.
Doncic is gonna have to carry the Mavs a lot imo. We'll see how tall the task will be for him. Zingers just isn't consistent enough I think...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that anyone is pissing and moaning. It's that some don't feel the Clips will finish with the best record in the West because Kawhi and probably PG will likely miss a lot of games for "load management".

Ibaka was a nice get. But unless they make another move before the trade deadline, on paper the Clippers aren't any better than they were last year and may not be as good.

The Lakers, on the other hand, actually managed to get younger and addressed every issue they had from last year.
Don't know if you heard Paul George the other day on BSPN, but the excuses and complaints he threw out tells me that there's definitely some kinda turmoil the Clippers gotta deal with...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi maybe. Paul George i highly doubt. The Clippers main problem last season was a lack of chemistry due to games missed by those two from injuries.

What injuries did Kawhi have? I just remember him sitting out games for load management like he always does.

Other than the beginning of the season when he was still recovering from a previous injury, I don't remember PG sitting out games because of injury.

I do remember them missing a lot of games due to load management and people saying that it could end up biting them in the ass because they needed more time on the floor together.

I'd also add that the Clippers issues were more than just "not enough time on the floor together". Most of the issues that have come up were off the floor issues.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic is gonna have to carry the Mavs a lot imo. We'll see how tall the task will be for him. Zingers just isn't consistent enough I think...
They added some nice role players in Josh Richardson and James Johnson via trade.....and brought some of their key role players in WCS, Burke and Barea.

All while maintaining cap space for next offseason when they could add a 3rd star.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you heard Paul George the other day on BSPN, but the excuses and complaints he threw out tells me that there's definitely some kinda turmoil the Clippers gotta deal with...

Oh man, that was hilarious. He tried to blame Doc and say that Doc didn't use him right and he couldn't play his "style". Then the numbers showed that he played his "style" more than he did at any other time in recent years. lol

Between crap like that, dubbing himself "Playoff P" and the collective eyeroll he got from his teammates when he tried to "rally the troops" after they got eliminated...he should probably just stfu and worry about playing basketball.

I have to say, I was a huge PG fan but I'm really glad the Lakers didn't get him.

Also, have to give credit where credit is due, @HurricaneDij39 turned out be right about him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What injuries did Kawhi have? I just remember him sitting out games for load management like he always does.

Other than the beginning of the season when he was still recovering from a previous injury, I don't remember PG sitting out games because of injury.

I do remember them missing a lot of games due to load management and people saying that it could end up biting them in the ass because they needed more time on the floor together.

I'd also add that the Clippers issues were more than just "not enough time on the floor together". Most of the issues that have come up were off the floor issues.
Yep.