• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the west's top 8

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LAL
2. LAC
3. DEN
4. POR
5. PHX
6. UTA
7. GS
8. DAL

Dallas, Memphis or even Houston is tough for that #8

Dallas at 8 is wild unless you think Porzingis is going to be out for a very long time. You're really high on the Suns

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dij is even higher on them, has them at no. 4

That would make for Monty Williams' most successful team ever, easily.

Finishing 6th is their ceiling to me. Unless major injures happen, i don't see how they're better than the LA teams, Portland, Denver, or Utah.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LAL
2. LAC
3. DALLAS
4. DENVER
5. GSW
6. UTAH
7. PHX
8. MEMPHIS

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Blazers?? With their 2 signings?? Dallas at #3??? You must not follow the NBA
I love Dallas this year. Doncic only getting better and assuming Porzingis stays healthy i think they're easily a top 4 seed . I like Dame and CJ and the adds were good but not great imo. Melo getting older too. Someone thats pretty good is going to miss in the West. Portland seems most likely to me because of limited upside compared to a young Memphis , young Phx who added CP3 and a younger Utah team with Mitchell getting better every year . I look at the Blazers as kind of maxed out on what they can do compared to what they've already done

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Dallas this year. Doncic only getting better and assuming Porzingis stays healthy i think they're easily a top 4 seed . I like Dame and CJ and the adds were good but not great imo. Melo getting older too. Someone thats pretty good is going to miss in the West. Portland seems most likely to me because of limited upside compared to a young Memphis , young Phx who added CP3 and a younger Utah team with Mitchell getting better every year . I look at the Blazers as kind of maxed out on what they can do compared to what they've already done
Melo will be coming off the bench. Portland is a better team than Dallas when both rosters are healthy. This year’s Portland team will resemble the one that went to the Western Conference finals, two seasons ago.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo will be coming off the bench. Portland is a better team than Dallas when both rosters are healthy. This year’s Portland team will resemble the one that went to the Western Conference finals, two seasons ago.
We shall see. I'm just not that high on Covington and Jones. Other moves are incidental imo .

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. I'm just not that high on Covington and Jones. Other moves are incidental imo .

You may not be high on them but those additions addressed their biggest weakness which is defense. Also have to remember this is a team that made the WCF 2 years ago and the only reason they were bad last year was because all the injuries they had

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas at 8 is wild unless you think Porzingis is going to be out for a very long time. You're really high on the Suns

Really the 4-8 seeds are like picking names out of a hat.

Yeah Porzingis was out last year some but the West is going to be tough. Zinger will be out till January at least but who knows could be longer. CP3 is a HUGE upgrade for the Suns. I feel losing Curry is going to hurt them more than people think. I thought he was a perfect fit next to Luka, I get JRich is a much better defender but I don't know...we will see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the rankings depend on whether you are talking about which team will have the best regular season record or which team is most likely to represent the West in the finals (who is the best team).

If we're talking regular season records...I could easily see the Lakers having the 3rd or 4th best record. I think they'll try to limit Lebron, Gasol and maybe AD's minutes to keep them all fresh for the playoffs. If they do, then the Clips, Nugs and maybe the Mavs or Jazz could finish ahead of them.

As for the team most likely to come out of the West...that looks to be the Lakers as they are the defending champs and along with getting younger, they are pretty much the only team that addressed every need they had.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Lakers
  2. Clippers
  3. Nuggets
  4. Mavs
  5. Blazers
  6. Jazz
  7. Warriors
  8. Suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might as well do my part:

1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Blazers
4. Clippers
5. Mavs
6. Suns
7. Jazz
8. Pelicans

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the rankings depend on whether you are talking about which team will have the best regular season record or which team is most likely to represent the West in the finals (who is the best team).

If we're talking regular season records...I could easily see the Lakers having the 3rd or 4th best record. I think they'll try to limit Lebron, Gasol and maybe AD's minutes to keep them all fresh for the playoffs. If they do, then the Clips, Nugs and maybe the Mavs or Jazz could finish ahead of them.

As for the team most likely to come out of the West...that looks to be the Lakers as they are the defending champs and along with getting younger, they are pretty much the only team that addressed every need they had.

I'd give someone $100 if they think the Mavs finish with a better regular season record than the Lakers and they actually do. That's even with limited minutes for AD and Lebron. Porzingis is going to be out for at least a month it seems and they don't have near the depth the Lakers.
Jazz are tough team to judge after last year, I see them getting another middling seed. Bog staying healthy could help them a lot.
Nuggets are a dangerous team but Grant is a tough loss but that could be a plus if Porter balls out.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers had the best regular season record in the NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give someone $100 if they think the Mavs finish with a better regular season record than the Lakers and they actually do. That's even with limited minutes for AD and Lebron. Porzingis is going to be out for at least a month it seems and they don't have near the depth the Lakers.
Jazz are tough team to judge after last year, I see them getting another middling seed. Bog staying healthy could help them a lot.
Nuggets are a dangerous team but Grant is a tough loss but that could be a plus if Porter balls out.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers had the best regular season record in the NBA.

Forgot about Zinger.