• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the west's top 8

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging a team by preseason? Lmfaooo
New coach,.

They lost a good player to the Lakers.

Did not do that great last year.

They have a lot of issues to deal with but they can get it together in time for the playoffs. That does not happen easily when there are chemistry issues

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach,.

They lost a good player to the Lakers.

Did not do that great last year.

They have a lot of issues to deal with but they can get it together in time for the playoffs. That does not happen easily when there are chemistry issues

They added good players as welll. Ibaka is better than Harrel

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....I would like the season to actually start before judging a team lol

To be fair, while I agree that you don't really know how a team is going to perform in the regular season from how they perform in the pre-season (we see bad teams have winning records in the pre-season from time to time) it can be a decent gauge for how good your role players are (since that when they will typically get more time than the starters). Especially compared to other teams role players).

So, through 2 pre-season games, I think we can say that the Lakers role players have shown pretty well and look to be better than last year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They added good players as welll. Ibaka is better than Harrel
We will see, I personally believe Lue has a lot of work ahead of him and feel that. Building the right communication skills will take some time. I also don't think Paul George is as good as many people think

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would too.

I just think you have it backwards.

Clippers are significantly more likely to beat the Lakers in the playoffs than in the regular season.
The part where you said the Lakers got better while the Clippers got worse implied that you thought higher of Harrell than Ibaka.

On the contrary, I view the Clippers as more of a regular season team than a playoff team. The fact that they were the #2 seed last year in spite of all of Kawhi's load management should be rather telling. The guy I don't trust in the playoffs is Paul George. The Clippers won't get out of the second round if George can't raise his game that time of year...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, while I agree that you don't really know how a team is going to perform in the regular season from how they perform in the pre-season (we see bad teams have winning records in the pre-season from time to time) it can be a decent gauge for how good your role players are (since that when they will typically get more time than the starters). Especially compared to other teams role players).

So, through 2 pre-season games, I think we can say that the Lakers role players have shown pretty well and look to be better than last year.
Yeah that's why I picked them to be the #1 seed. They have the stars needed for the postseason but also the depth for the regular season. The Clippers even with the changes still are expected to be a top 2 seed...anything less is a failure BUT the real goal is a championship for both the Lakers and Clippers at this point.