• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already did that's 4 top ten teams if we beat PSU next week.:thumb:
Well congrats on your top 10 wins over teams that are a combined 19-16!!! Lol. Big Ws

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Ohio State be better than Penn State, when Penn State beat them?

You think Penn St is better bc they beat them at home with an extra week to compare after Ohio St played a top 10 team in OT? Every game is different. Just bc they beat them on a fluke blocked returned FG doesnt mean they are the better team overall especially when they have one more loss. I think most Penn St fans will admit that. Not saying Penn St doesnt deserve a playoff spot bc they had a great year so far but if you watch college football the eye test is also used and I think most would agree with me.

All that being said, Ohio St would not beat Bama as of today doesnt mean they arent one of the best four teams though.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think if Colorado beats Utah and goes to the PAC they are better than USC?

The answer is NO. Hell no. That doesnt mean shit dude lol
Actually it doesn't matter who I think is better, if the Buffs win tonight they are the better team because they will win the PAC 12 South.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think if Colorado beats Utah and goes to the PAC they are better than USC?

The answer is NO. Hell no. That doesnt mean shit dude lol
Colorado has a better resume than USC though just like OSU has a better resume than PSU. Honestly I'm not sure Colorado isn't better but that's a different debate

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Penn State be better than Michigan when Michigan beat them? How can Michigan be better than OSU when OSU beat them?

Why do people continue to act like H2H is an end-all when we can logically disprove it in two sentences?

Exactly. It is all transitive property shit. And people that keeps saying it look like they have no clue or havent watched football all year. Every game and matchup is DIFFERENT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado has a better resume than USC though just like OSU has a better resume than PSU. Honestly I'm not sure Colorado isn't better but that's a different debate

They true. Colorado has a better resume and they have one less loss. Ohio St has one less loss than Penn St and thr better resume and they eye test favors them.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It is all transitive property shit. And people that keeps saying it look like they have no clue or havent watched football all year. Every game and matchup is DIFFERENT.
Which is why the Conference Championship should MEAN SOMETHING at the end of the day. Everything else is subjective bullshit.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Penn St is better bc they beat them at home with an extra week to compare after Ohio St played a top 10 team in OT? Every game is different. Just bc they beat them on a fluke blocked returned FG doesnt mean they are the better team overall especially when they have one more loss. I think most Penn St fans will admit that. Not saying Penn St doesnt deserve a playoff spot bc they had a great year so far but if you watch college football the eye test is also used and I think most would agree with me.

All that being said, Ohio St would not beat Bama as of today doesnt mean they arent one of the best four teams though.
Hey I can go only on "head to head" wins. If the Buckeyes would have beaten Penn State during the season, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They true. Colorado has a better resume and they have one less loss. Ohio St has one less loss than Penn St and thr better resume and they eye test favors them.
And both lost close games on the road to top 12 teams. Neutral field of take OSU over PSU fir sure. Colorado USC I'm 50 50

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I can go only on "head to head" wins. If the Buckeyes would have beaten Penn State during the season, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Well no shit but close losses are blown way out of proportion. If you watch the game it was equal or favoring Ohio St. That type of loss wont hurt too much especially when a teams resume is much weaker and they have 2 losses (one worse loss and one blowout). This situation is totally differ t than the TCU - Ohio St one. Much different, no doubt

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference title does mean something. It's a weighted criteria. It's not however the only criteria. You guys want the CCG to mean something but want to discount an average loss and the rest of the regular season. Conference titles are a big deal but they don't make up for an inferior body of work

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no shit but close losses are blown way out of proportion. If you watch the game it was equal or favoring Ohio St. That type of loss wont hurt too much especially when a teams resume is much weaker and they have 2 losses (one worse loss and one blowout). This situation is totally differ t than the TCU - Ohio St one. Much different, no doubt
There is no such thing "as a close loss". Either you win or lose a game.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference title does mean something. It's a weighted criteria. It's not however the only criteria. You guys want the CCG to mean something but want to discount an average loss and the rest of the regular season. Conference titles are a big deal but they don't make up for an inferior body of work
Ohio State should be penalized for not playing in the Championship game.
The Winner of the game should be rewarded for well WINNING the Conference Championship in the best Conference in the country.

This subjective shit is starting to piss me off. Remember when everyone thought Louisville was SOOOO GOOD? People were making the argument that they should get in the playoff over Clemson even though Clemson beat them. Why? Because Lamar Jackson and his explosiveness. Give me a break! Luckily, that one played itself out on the field.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking serious dude? Michigan wins that game 7 out of 10 times, maybe more. If that was a neutral field, it would have been a blowout. Michigan was dominating the LOS. They had a fumble on the exchange that cost them a TD. They had some shitty PI calls go against them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why the Conference Championship should MEAN SOMETHING at the end of the day. Everything else is subjective bullshit.
This. Is it better to play the games on the field, on paper or in the court of public opinion?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State should be penalized for not playing in the Championship game.
The Winner of the game should be rewarded for well WINNING the Conference Championship in the best Conference in the country.

This subjective shit is starting to piss me off. Remember when everyone thought Louisville was SOOOO GOOD? People were making the argument that they should get in the playoff over Clemson even though Clemson beat them. Why? Because Lamar Jackson and his explosiveness. Give me a break! Luckily, that one played itself out on the field.
They will be. No OSU fan thinKS the Buckeyes will be the 2 seed if UW and Clemson win out. They'll likely be the 3 or 4 seed despite clearly being thec2nd best team. That's being penalized

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be. No OSU fan thinKS the Buckeyes will be the 2 seed if UW and Clemson win out. They'll likely be the 3 or 4 seed despite clearly being thec2nd best team. That's being penalized
So then Michigan is being penalized too.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol all i gather from this thread is that pumpkinboy is a buckeye hater and today's events were a huge buzzkill for him, so he's sticking to an absurd position as to why the buckeyes shouldnt be counted among the 4 best football teams in the nation