• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Wisconsin wins, they would have..

- Big Ten Championship
- Two losses vs teams with a combined 21-3 record by a grand total of 14 points
- Played 6 teams that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the game. That's just ridiculous.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing the committee shoved down our throats back in 2014 with Ohio State was "how well they were playing late" and that the VT loss was not indicative of the current team. You could easily make that same argument with Penn State. If they played Pitt again, they probably win. If they play Michigan again at the Big House, they probably don't lose that bad.

Penn State is playing better football right now. They've improved over the course of the season. They have an offense to go with their defense. Both OSU and PSU played Michigan State recently and look at the results.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State barely has a better SOS than Penn State. If you add up each opponents record, it's only like 3 more wins for Ohio State's opponents. So after the Wisconsin game, Penn State will actually have a better SOS. Ohio State had 9 out of 12 bowl eligible while Penn State had 8 out of 12 so now 9 out of 13.

Western Michigan? Discussing them in this PSU-OSU debate would be relevant if you ignored PSU and OSU's head to head matchup and ignored that OSU and PSU are in same conference and that PSU could very well win the conference.
The difference between Western Michigan's resume and Penn States resume is roughly the same as the difference between PSU and OSU. You're getting caught up in like 25% of the resumes and ignoring the other 75%. You're not wrong in your assertion that H2H and league titles should be and are valuable. You're simply discounting everything else. I could say I only want to look at who you lost to and how many times you lost and determine WMU should be in the playoff based on being unbeaten. It's the same thing you're doing

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State is playing better football right now. They've improved over the course of the season. They have an offense to go with their defense. Both OSU and PSU played Michigan State recently and look at the results.

People are getting delusional because of the name recognition of Ohio State and not thinking about this clearly. I guarantee you that if this exact situation was reversed, rmilla would be saying the exact thing in Ohio State's favor that they won head to head, were playing better now and were in the Championship game and if they won, they would get in over a 1 loss Penn State team that didn't win their division.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel better. I knew Nebraska sucked when they were losing in the 4th quarter at home to Purdue.

I knew we sucked when we lost 62-3 to Ohio State.

I thought we were alright when we took Wisconsin to overtime the week prior though.

I guess both losses are graded the same.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEASON determined that Ohio State was not a part of the Championship. WTF are you talking about?

No. resume and everything included. Penn st's doesnt stack up. You also do know Ohio St has already beaten Wisconsin. Even with that win Penn St's resume doesnt stack up with an extra loss. Now if you wanted to go back to head-to-head then fine but that is one of the factors they value least and they have already shown that.

THE MAIN GOAL OF THE COMMITTEE IS TO PICK THE BEST FOUR TEAMS...why is Penn St a top 4 team? Why??? Bc they beat Ohio St on a blocked field goal after getting dominated yardage wise? Bc they got destroyed by Michigan, a team Ohio St beat? Bc they lost to Pitt?

You keep bringing up the conference championship bc that's all you have. That isnt everything, there are many factors. Give it up dude, you have no reason to suggest Penn St is ONE OF THE BEST FOUR TEAMS. Period.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Wisconsin wins, they would have..

- Big Ten Championship
- Two losses vs teams with a combined 21-3 record by a grand total of 14 points
- Played 6 teams that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the game. That's just ridiculous.

Yep Huskies or Clemson would have 3 losses minimum with that schedule. If Wisconsin wins the championship in the best conference in the Nation they are in no diggity.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, what's wrong you don't know the difference between a win or a loss?

You said there are no close losses. When factoring these playoff slots they look at EVERYTHING. You are very wrong old man river lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing the committee shoved down our throats back in 2014 with Ohio State was "how well they were playing late" and that the VT loss was not indicative of the current team. You could easily make that same argument with Penn State. If they played Pitt again, they probably win. If they play Michigan again at the Big House, they probably don't lose that bad.

Ok, if Ohio St played Penn St again they probably win. I can do it too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State barely has a better SOS than Penn State. If you add up each opponents record, it's only like 3 more wins for Ohio State's opponents. So after the Wisconsin game, Penn State will actually have a better SOS. Ohio State had 9 out of 12 bowl eligible while Penn State had 8 out of 12 so now 9 out of 13.

Penn St has one top 10 win. Ohio St has 3 top 10 wins and 1 top 25 win. That isnt close man. Try harder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are getting delusional because of the name recognition of Ohio State and not thinking about this clearly. I guarantee you that if this exact situation was reversed, rmilla would be saying the exact thing in Ohio State's favor that they won head to head, were playing better now and were in the Championship game and if they won, they would get in over a 1 loss Penn State team that didn't win their division.

You are the one that wants to discount certain things while discounted others. The committee looks at EVERYTHING, not bits and pieces like you are.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said there are no close losses. When factoring these playoff slots they look at EVERYTHING. You are very wrong old man river lol
I really don't know what criteria the playoff committee uses to pick the 4 teams. I would like to think they would pick a conference champion to play in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Huskies or Clemson would have 3 losses minimum with that schedule. If Wisconsin wins the championship in the best conference in the Nation they are in no diggity.

They would get the nod over Washington unless they want to move Ohio St to 5 after beatinf a top 3 team lol

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know what criteria the playoff committee uses to pick the 4 teams. I would like to think they would pick a conference champion to play in the playoffs.
Your avy is the best on SportsHoopla!! :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not considering your FG kicker showed that play was no fluke. Haha

He didnt get a FG blocked vs scum but nice try dumbass lol. Your logic is very flawed and makes absolutely sense but at least you try :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL dude I am the opposite of an OSU fan boy. Most OSU fans don't even like me. The resume is the resume though