• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't have similar resumes back in 2014. TCU lost to a top 10 team on the road by 3 points in OT. Ohio State lost 6-6 team at home. In the regular season, TCU had beaten 4 ranked teams than year compared to Ohio States 2. TCU beat their opponents at a higher margin than Ohio State.

Yes, they both only had 1 loss, but TCU was a vastly more impressive team that year. They got fucked because the committee said how important that Championship game was.
Not sure where you get that but TCU had 2 Top 25 wins. Minnesota and KSTATE. OSU had 3. Minnesota, Wisconsin, MSU and 1 of Ohio States was a Top 10 road win. Yes TCU had the better loss but the resumes were very similar, if anything Ohio States was better. Maybe you're looking at at the time rankings instead of year end??

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? So add that in to the hypo. If you don't think Team C is way ahead of Team B, you are fucking insane.

You say that they play the games for a reason. Then you ignore how PSU lost games by 39 to Michigan and to Pitt. And when a description of their GAMES favors OSU, you add in some criteria other than play on the field.

Like R said, H2H and conference champs matter when the resumes are close. You look at the hypo I gave and tell me it is close, and we'll both know you are trolling. You are using H2H and the conference championship to say they are close, and since you say that, you say "if they are close, then H2H and conference championships rule."

It's a circular argument.

And as you know, I am a Badger fan. I wish your argument made sense. If I could double-count the conference title, we'd make the playoff. It's just that your argument makes no sense.

No, the H2H is what makes it close enough that the Conference Championship should make a difference. No one is "double counting" the Championship game. But it should be weighted HEAVIER than any other game played thus far.

What they need to do is either get rid of the Conference Championship game, or make it a requirement to get in to the playoff. Right now, it's all subjective bullshit.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you get that but TCU had 2 Top 25 wins. Minnesota and KSTATE. OSU had 3. Minnesota, Wisconsin, MSU and 1 of Ohio States was a Top 10 road win. Yes TCU had the better loss but the resumes were very similar, if anything Ohio States was better. Maybe you're looking at at the time rankings instead of year end??

Yes, time of game played. TCU played tough teams that were playing well at the time of the game. They won at Oklahoma when they were ranked 4th. It's not their fault Oklahoma later started to suck. They weren't at that time.

Reactions: GNG

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee ranks SOS as #1 when ranking teams #2 is SOS, #3 is head to head match ups.

ESPN just said OSU and BIG CG winner gets in no matter what else happens. OSU would face Bama since they didn't win a conference championship.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not understand they both had one loss. Wow. Penn St has 2 losses. Think about it and maybe you will figure it out.

1 MORE LOSS.
How can Ohio State be better than Penn State, when Penn State beat them?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee ranks SOS as #1 when ranking teams #2 is SOS, #3 is head to head match ups.

ESPN just said OSU and BIG CG winner gets in no matter what else happens. OSU would face Bama since they didn't win a conference championship.
Do you think ESPN is "always" right?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not understand they both had one loss. Wow. Penn St has 2 losses. Think about it and maybe you will figure it out.

1 MORE LOSS.
Not playing in the Conference Championship game is like a loss. Think about it. You were not good enough to play in the game.

Ohio State should be treated like they have 2 losses. Why should they GET A BYE into the playoff? That makes no fucking sense.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Ohio State be better than Penn State, when Penn State beat them?

How can Penn State be better than Michigan when Michigan beat them? How can Michigan be better than OSU when OSU beat them?

Why do people continue to act like H2H is an end-all when we can logically disprove it in two sentences?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, time of game played. TCU played tough teams that were playing well at the time of the game. They won at Oklahoma when they were ranked 4th. It's not their fault Oklahoma later started to suck. They weren't at that time.
Yeah that's not how they do it. That's like giving Wisconsin credit for beating a top 10 Michigan St lol. I'm sure the Badgers would sign up for that but that's not how it works

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Penn State be better than Michigan when Michigan beat them? How can Michigan be better than OSU when OSU beat them?

Why do people continue to act like H2H is an end-all when we can logically disprove it in two sentences?

H2H is second on the committee critera for ranking the teams

1.) Conference champion
2.) SOS
3.) H2H
4.) Out of Conference SOS

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're right on this. The best team in the best conference should make the playoffs period.
How can a team be the best team in their conference, when they don't even win their conference?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's not how they do it. That's like giving Wisconsin credit for beating a top 10 Michigan St lol. I'm sure the Badgers would sign up for that but that's not how it works

I already did that's 4 top ten teams if we beat PSU next week.:thumb:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not playing in the Conference Championship game is like a loss. Think about it. You were not good enough to play in the game.

Ohio State should be treated like they have 2 losses. Why should they GET A BYE into the playoff? That makes no fucking sense.

:dhd:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can a team be the best team in their conference, when they don't even win their conference?

The winner of the CCG will be the best team so it's either PSU or UW and no matter what happens the winner will get in.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What team won the Big 10 East division? See how logic works?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Ohio State "DIDN'T" win their division. No, it's "NOT" clear that Ohio State is better!!

So you think if Colorado beats Utah and goes to the PAC they are better than USC?

The answer is NO. Hell no. That doesnt mean shit dude lol