• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comes down to a 2 loss Big 10 CHAMP vs a 1 loss Pac 12 CHAMP :2cents:

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah yes this all makes sense but nobody really has a clue. I say if Wisky beats Penn State who beat Ohio State they should be guaranteed to get in those are my thoughts. Also it took Ohio State 2 overtimes to beat a team that lost to Iowa at Iowa when we beat Iowa at Iowa so that should seal it
I honestly thought that the game that gave Michigan the most trouble in a way was Wisconsin. If that game was on the road, Michigan would have lost due to Wisconsin's talent.

Michigan lost to Iowa because they choked, nothing that Iowa did. They lost to Ohio State because of the officials.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a great game.....lots of defense but I like PSU winning.
Yeah you chose us to win also. I think I'll take my pick over yours. :rolleyes:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin wins, I think we're looking at:

Bama
Clemson
Washington
Ohio State

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some people, it's almost like the Championship game doesn't count lol. It's like since it wasn't originally scheduled at the beginning of the year, it's some sort of exhibition game.

It's more important than any other game. It should be counted as such.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some people, it's almost like the Championship game doesn't count lol. It's like since it wasn't originally scheduled at the beginning of the year, it's some sort of exhibition game.

I knew this was coming when they didn't make it a requirement that you have to win your conference to make the playoff.

Unless you have a ton of losses, conference champs should get automatic berths. Or we may as well just get rid of them.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this was coming when they didn't make it a requirement that you have to win your conference to make the playoff.

Unless you have a ton of losses, conference champs should get automatic berths. Or we may as well just get rid of them.
Thank you. Maybe not auto birth unless they expand to 8. But they should get in over a team that doesn't win the conference.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought that the game that gave Michigan the most trouble in a way was Wisconsin. If that game was on the road, Michigan would have lost due to Wisconsin's talent.

Michigan lost to Iowa because they choked, nothing that Iowa did. They lost to Ohio State because of the officials.

I would have liked a rematch in the championship game as it would be a neutral field and the Badgers would have a healthy QB as in the Mich game Hornibrook was hurt on the first pass play but declined to share the details and continued to play. He was hit and hurt his sternum and this made all his passes throughout the rest of the game painful to throw so would be nice to play again with a few players back on defense that were out that game as well.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the conference champion of the best conference make it in the playoffs? Should they be punished for playing a tougher schedule and tougher conference?

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked a rematch in the championship game as it would be a neutral field and the Badgers would have a healthy QB as in the Mich game Hornibrook was hurt on the first pass play but declined to share the details and continued to play. He was hit and hurt his sternum and this made all his passes throughout the rest of the game painful to throw so would be nice to play again with a few players back on defense that were out that game as well.
No doubt. It would have been a great game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the case, they would have played in the Championship game.

You say this like it makes some sense. OSU and PSU had the same conference record. OSU played a tougher schedule. Their loss was closer. Their wins were more lopsided. The only difference between the two is that Iowa is in the B1G and Pitt isn't. That has zero bearing on football skill.

OSU was more impressive in conference. Out of conference, PSU lost to Pitt while OSU beat Oklahoma.

It isn't close. If you think OSU was worse than PSU, you are even stupider than you used to be.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St is a very good team. If they win the B10 title game they may make the playoff but only if Clemson or UW lose. Ohio States resume is vastly superior to PSU despite the H2H. OSU has performed better vs common opponents, played a far better schedule, has better wins, the better loss. The committees job is to select the 4 best teams. They do that via a set of criteria. Ohio St holds that advantage in every data point other than H2H and , potentially, conference title. He'll if Colorado wins the P12 they will have a better resume than PSU.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are just assuming Wisconsin is going to win.....Penn State shouldn't even show up for the game.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't close. If you think OSU was worse than PSU, you are even stupider than you used to be.

I don't have to think they are better. Penn State won on the field head to head. If they beat Wisconsin, they should go ahead of Ohio State. Why? Because they won the Big Ten Championship in a game Ohio State didn't even have a good enough record to play in.

Again, if we are going to go off of who we think is a better team subjectively, then I think Michigan is better than Ohio State and would beat them 7 out of 10 times on a neutral field. But we are not going off of that. We are going off of who won on the field and overall accomplishments that happened on the field. And if Wisconsin beats Ohio State, I think their resume is good enough to get in over Ohio State as well since they would have won the Big Ten outright as well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's GREAT this is happening. It's the next step towards an 8 team playoff which is what is always should've been anyway. The stone cold fact is that 2 of the 5 best teams in the country this year did not win their division ( MICHIGAN and OSU) and I'd argue they are 2 of the 3 best teams. Until we get to 8 this is always going to be a debate

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St is a very good team. If they win the B10 title game they may make the playoff but only if Clemson or UW lose. Ohio States resume is vastly superior to PSU despite the H2H. OSU has performed better vs common opponents, played a far better schedule, has better wins, the better loss. The committees job is to select the 4 best teams. They do that via a set of criteria. Ohio St holds that advantage in every data point other than H2H and , potentially, conference title. He'll if Colorado wins the P12 they will have a better resume than PSU.

If their sole job was to pick the 4 best teams, Michigan would get in too IMO. But it's not. Their job is to pick the most deserving teams based on play on the field, record and accomplishments.

Which of these is better?

3-1 vs top 10 (assuming Oklahoma wins vs Oklahoma State)
1 overall loss and 2 close wins in OT
11 wins
H2H loss

OR

2-1 vs top 10
Conference Championship
2 overall losses
11 wins
H2H win

If you took out the Conference Championship, yes Ohio State would have a better resume due to the 2nd loss and only because of that. But since Conference Championship is a major accomplishment, it should trump.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to think they are better. Penn State won on the field head to head. If they beat Wisconsin, they should go ahead of Ohio State. Why? Because they won the Big Ten Championship in a game Ohio State didn't even have a good enough record to play in.

Again, if we are going to go off of who we think is a better team subjectively, then I think Michigan is better than Ohio State and would beat them 7 out of 10 times on a neutral field. But we are not going off of that. We are going off of who won on the field and overall accomplishments that happened on the field. And if Wisconsin beats Ohio State, I think their resume is good enough to get in over Ohio State as well since they would have won the Big Ten outright as well.

Head to head is a logical fallacy. Michigan would have to get in over PSU. But OSU would have to get in over Michigan. But oh no, PSU gets in over PSU. Michigan gets in over PSU. And now we have a paradox.

OSU isnt getting in because "I think" they are better. They are getting in because they had a better record against a better schedule even considering their three point loss on a blocked field goal on the road.

Maybe if PSU wins by 24+, they have an argument. But barring a genuine blowout, there is not a logical claim that considering the whole year, they outplayed OSU. And again, it's not really that close either.