• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it matters, but shit it took a blocked punt and a blocked FG. The eye test clearly showed Ohio State was more dominant in that game.

What other team in the country has 3 wins over current top 10 teams?

Michigan does

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama and OSU are now safely in. If Clemson and UW win then there's your field. If one of them loses it'll be Wisconsin if they win. Where it gets interesting for me is if Colorad and Penn St both win. Then I have no clue.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State literally has a better resume than any team in the country

They don't get to play in a conference championship game, have more or as many losses as Alabama, Clemson, and Washington. It's possible their loss will be to another conference champion who has a chance to prove their case next week.

Their resume is good, but not above anyone else.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For certain Oklahoma is not in.
I knew that after week one and where am I saying they are going? Ooh that's right I'm not. Nice ass Whooping you took from bama today. I wasn't alive last time they beat OU.

Last edited:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St has 3 Top 10 wins, another Top 25 win, no bad losses and 4 more wins vs bowl teams. That's 8 wins vs .500+ teams. They're in and if they're not in then starting next year the committee should just change the rules to ONLY conference Champs because there will NEVER be a non conference champ with a better resume. Ever.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't get to play in a conference championship game, have more or as many losses as Alabama, Clemson, and Washington. It's possible their loss will be to another conference champion who has a chance to prove their case next week.

Their resume is good, but not above anyone else.

I completely disagree.

I dislike OSU, but beating 3 current top 10 teams and only having 1 loss to another top 10 team is undeniable.

The only team that can make an argument is Bama and that's because they haven't lost.

Look at Clemson's loss and Washington's loss, then look at their key wins. Not even close.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it matters, but shit it took a blocked punt and a blocked FG. The eye test clearly showed Ohio State was more dominant in that game.

What other team in the country has 3 wins over current top 10 teams?

Michigan does. They beat Wisconsin, Penn State and Colorado.

And going by the eye test, they looked better than Ohio State even though they lost. It took 3 bad PI calls and a 50/50 spot for them to barely lose on the road in double overtime.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of chicken counting on this thread. Ohio St loses by 20pts and no one will think they're playoff worthy.

95% chance they're in but they still have to show up. Eyeball test can get you jumped.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU got hosed that year. In the Baylor game with the interference calls and in the polls.Realistically the team that should have been left out was probably FSU, but no way they were going to leave out an undefeated defending national champion on a 28 or so game win streak.And the committee was justified when OSU won the title. But TCU should have had a shot that year they were a very good team.

Agreed. And then TCU dominated a good Ole Miss team on NYD.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it sets a horrible precedent if Ohio State gets in OVER the Big Ten Champion. Especially if it is Penn State who beat them. If you want to put both of them because the Big Ten was that good this year at the top, then fine.

But how to you fail to put a team in that OUTRIGHT WON the best conference in the nation? How does that make sense?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of chicken counting on this thread. Ohio St loses by 20pts and no one will think they're playoff worthy.

95% chance they're in but they still have to show up. Eyeball test can get you jumped.

But they didn't lose by 20 points.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it sets a horrible precedent if Ohio State gets in OVER the Big Ten Champion. Especially if it is Penn State who beat them. If you want to put both of them because the Big Ten was that good this year at the top, then fine.

But how to you fail to put a team in that OUTRIGHT WON the best conference in the nation? How does that make sense?

Winning the Championship game doesn't necessarily make a team the best in the conference.

If Wisconsin wins then they'll be Champions with 2 losses compared to Ohio State's 1. How can a person really argue that those 2 losses are better than the 1 just because one team was lucky enough to play in the easier of the 2 divisions?

Ultimately the committee has to get the best teams in there. That's all there is to it.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the Championship game doesn't necessarily make a team the best in the conference.

If Wisconsin wins then they'll be Champions with 2 losses compared to Ohio State's 1. How can a person really argue that those 2 losses are better than the 1 just because one team was lucky enough to play in the easier of the 2 divisions?

Ultimately the committee has to get the best teams in there. That's all there is to it.

You can't go by that. Ohio State beat both Wisconsin and Michigan by the skin on their teeth in OT. It's not like they dominated them.

When the teams are THAT CLOSE, you have go go by who ACTUALLY wins the conference.

Otherwise, why did Ohio State jump TCU when Ohio State won their Conference 2 years ago?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see who is laughing after the game.

Badgers just beat this team by 14 points the same team that went to OT vs Penn St. Badgers are the first team to beat Minn by 14+ points since 2009. Only way teams score on the Badgers is with forced TO's, penalty or SPT's .

Badgers have only given up 3 TD's in which the opponent had to start in their own territory ALL SEASON. Penn St. relinquished that many in one game this year. LMAO

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you have to set a precedent? Shouldn't a conference championship matter over a subjective "who we think is better based on our opinion?"

If you are going to go by the eye test to determine who should get in, then IMO Michigan should get in over Ohio State. They LOOKED like the better team when they played today.