• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU was in the top four till the last poll then got punked. We have precedent.

Because Ohio State won the BIG Championship 59-0, if PSU or Wisconsin wins like that they will be in the playoffs...and I will send blankets to Hell.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn and we don't even play on the 1st either. :tsk:
Depends on what projections your looking at between the PAC and BIG X.Projections are all over the place. I saw one projection that had Michigan/Louisville in the Orange,SC/Wisconsin in the rose and Colorado in the cotton. We aren't going to have a clear picture until after the CCG's. Right now theres way too many possibilities

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Washington will win easily, so it doesn't matter and we are on to the Orange Bowl vs FSU.
I don't see Colorado running with Washington. I actually don't think that game is close tbh. Especially if the Buffs played like they did last week.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it interesting that Iowa didn't make it into the rankings. The conspiracy theorist in me believes it's to justify Washington over Wisconsin or Penn State, while also making Michigan's record vs Top 25 look better.

The rankings didn't surprise me tonight - if Michigan would get in over a Conference Champ PSU or Wisconsin after going 1-2 to close out the year with a 20-10 win vs IU being the most recent win, I'd be shocked.

Michigan doesn't deserve to get into the playoffs, just getting that one out of the way.

To your first point, it helps and hurts. The record against top 25 is better but the loss to an unranked team hurts more. I think we put too much into when you lose. If you're talking about another highly ranked conference opponent, is there really a difference between losing to them at the end of the season vs the beginning? I don't believe there should be, but that's one man's opinion.

While I see the argument to put Michigan in ahead of two teams they beat (PSU and Wisc), I just don't agree. You have three teams, all with 2 losses, and only one will be the conference champion. That team should get in.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope PSU doesn't play in the Rose Bowl that's a home game for USC. I live 1.5hrs from Tampa the site for Outback and the big game the Championship game so I should buy tickets to it.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Penn State to get in with this playoff committee BOTH Clemson & Washington need to loss and of course beat Wisconsin.

#1 Bama can lose game and still be #1
#2 OSU stays put because cant lose
#3 Clemson needs to lose so Washington will be #3
#4 Washington needs to lose so Michigan will be #4

We need Clemson and Washington to lose so we to be in the playoffs and I still don't think the committee would put 3 Big10 teams in the Final 4.

I don't think PSU needs both to lose, at the very worst only one of the two. The committee jumped ohio st over both Baylor and TCU two years ago after they won the B1G title. I think the committee got it right to have Michigan ahead of PSU and Wisconsin for now, the winner of that game will jump the Wolverines and deserves to do so.

If both Clemson and Washington win, I think they will jump ohio st because they will have the same 1 loss and a conference title. That year, both TCU and Baylor played games that same weekend, won convincingly, and were still jumped. This time, while ohio st has the stronger schedule, will not be playing at all while the committee watches Washington and Clemson.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot we all our dumb for continuing to post about Penn State making the playoffs on this thread because the title clearly reads "lets say Wisconsin wins the big 10 championship" so we can close that argument :L

So to answer the actual topic and Wisconsin wins then that means absolutely nothing unless Clemson & Washington don't both lose. Badgers need to win HUGE for them to jump Michigan who they lost to so I just don't see the Badgers making the playoffs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope PSU doesn't play in the Rose Bowl that's a home game for USC. I live 1.5hrs from Tampa the site for Outback and the big game the Championship game so I should buy tickets to it.
Ive been seeing a lot of PSU to the Cotton Bowl or Rose Bowl if they don't get in. Its looking like NY6 for PSU in most of what I've seen

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot we all our dumb for continuing to post about Penn State making the playoffs on this thread because the title clearly reads "lets say Wisconsin wins the big 10 championship" so we can close that argument :L

So to answer the actual topic and Wisconsin wins then that means absolutely nothing unless Clemson & Washington don't both lose. Badgers need to win HUGE for them to jump Michigan who they lost to so I just don't see the Badgers making the playoffs.
If anyone is bumping OSU out. I think PSU has the best case to do it tho . It could be a very interesting week end and selection show

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been seeing a lot of PSU to the Cotton Bowl or Rose Bowl if they don't get in. Its looking like NY6 for PSU in most of what I've seen

Yes ive seen the same thing. Cotton Bowl Penn State vs Central Michigan

Raider917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think PSU needs both to lose, at the very worst only one of the two. The committee jumped ohio st over both Baylor and TCU two years ago after they won the B1G title. I think the committee got it right to have Michigan ahead of PSU and Wisconsin for now, the winner of that game will jump the Wolverines and deserves to do so.

If both Clemson and Washington win, I think they will jump ohio st because they will have the same 1 loss and a conference title. That year, both TCU and Baylor played games that same weekend, won convincingly, and were still jumped. This time, while ohio st has the stronger schedule, will not be playing at all while the committee watches Washington and Clemson.

if OSU drops to 4 in that situation would PSU winning the conference be enough to jump them into 4th given that they woulve beaten the 4th place team?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is bumping OSU out. I think PSU has the best case to do it tho . It could be a very interesting week end and selection show

No way in Robot Hell that Ohio State will be bumped out of playoffs. They just beat Michigan and can't lose a game till playoffs are set. Penn State can win by 300 points and Ohio state and Penn st will be in the playoffs but OSU will remain.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look that way based on the playoff rankings show tonight...Michigan is clearly on the edge of getting in. Wisconsin or PSU are not jumping Michigan.

Okay what the hell is going on? Why is the PSU fan saying Michigan is getting in over PSU and the Michigan fan is saying PSU wins any they jump Michigan? Can't we all just go back to putting our homer goggles on and duke it out?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes ive seen the same thing. Cotton Bowl Penn State vs Central Michigan
That was one of them I cant remember the other I saw. I have seen some PSU/USC. Which I would like to see PSU or Michigan. SC played Wisky last year. Its not happening but SC/Michigan would be fun. Adoree vs Peppers. The two most dynamic two way players in the game. Would be a lot of fun