• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the outcome of the conference title games really shake up the rankings. What I always hated about the AP and, more so the coaches poll, was you were almost always guaranteed to stay in your slot unless you lost or had a big time win.

I am a big fan of completely re-ranking teams each week based on the body of work. Yes, we will get a ton of pissed off fans with the usual "why did my team drop when they didn't lose", but it should be about who's actually better.
I hate the poll system the AP is bad. But you're right the coaches poll is the worst. The bias was really evident in that rematch bowl. With Saban voting Stanford ahead of Okie State .Stanford was not even close to being a better teak than okie state that year :L At the least the system needs work. These polls impact everything

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they hadn't lost to Pitt it would be a lock. They are playing great right now.(talking about PSU)
At the same time Pitt also beat Clemson and it is a rivalry game for PSU. And they did beat Ohio State head to head. If they win the CCG they will also equal OSU in wins. The head to head makes it difficult

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope PSU doesn't play in the Rose Bowl that's a home game for USC.
861177_orig.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Penn State has a head to head victory over Ohio State. Which is the reason they are in the CCG. Penn State won the division. You may not like it but it is what it is. Had Ohio State beaten Penn State it would be different.But they did not. No matter how you spin it facts are facts. Penn State got the job done

11-2 > 11-1
8-1>7-1
Conference championship
Head to head win over Ohio state

Is 11-2 >>> 11-1

At least do the math right. Again you dont like to look at full resumes, that's where you are slighted.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 11-2 >>> 11-1

At least do the math right. Again you dont like to look at full resumes, that's where you are slighted.
When that 11-2 team is also 9-1 in conference,has a conference championship.And won the head to head match up. Yes 11-2 is better than 11-1

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I STILL think if Wisconsin wins they will jump Michigan. They need UW to lose but I also think ther is a way for Penn St to get in over Michigan. They need to be very impressive though IMO

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats where we do need clarity. And to be honest. I think this year gives good reason to expand the play offs or make revisions
I'd like to see them go to 6, give 1 & 2 a bye, and then play 3 vs 6 & 4 vs 5, this only adds one extra game for just two of the playoff teams.

This year, the CCG chalk would be ...

1 Alabama (Bye)
2. Clemson (Bye)

3. Ohio State vs 6. Penn State
4. Washington vs 5. Michigan

Then...

1. Alabama vs 5. Michigan or 6. Penn State
2. Clemson vs 3. Ohio State or 4. Washington

BTW- If you can't win your Division, you can't get a bye! :dhd:

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need to expand. 4 is fine. The past 2 years it has been fine.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them go to 6, give 1 & 2 a bye, and then play 3 vs 6 & 4 vs 5, this only adds one extra game for just two of the playoff teams.

1 Alabama (Bye)
2. Clemson (Bye)

Then...

Oh I agree it cuts out situations like this. And limits the politics and second guessing. That format is definitely perfect.With the way things are playing out this year. They definitely need revisions expansion is the best way imo. I don't see any reason to dislike that format

If you don't win your division your first bowl is at the coliseum :dhd:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok nvm Penn is out most likely, even if they win :L

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 Alabama (Bye)
2. Clemson (Bye)

Then...

They dont need to change anything with the current CFP system. They need get rid of divisions and let the two highest ranked teams play each other. Get rid of all divisions in every conference.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need to change anything with the current CFP system. They need get rid of divisions and let the two highest ranked teams play each other. Get rid of all divisions in every conference.
The only thing that would accomplish.Is taking away the possibility of Ohio State failing to win their divisions again. If anything this year is a prime example of the need for play off expansion. That moves the politics .And provides a solution that ensures the "best" teams are in. The only teams that wouldnt want this are afraid of the added competition imo

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would accomplish.Is taking away the possibility of Ohio State failing to win their divisions again. If anything this year is a prime example of the need for play off expansion. That moves the politics .And provides a solution that ensures the "best" teams are in. The only teams that wouldnt want this are afraid of the added competition imo
:agree:

And with a 6 team format expansion, it wouldn't matter who the B1G or PAC CCG winners are this year. Both Colorado and Whisky make it if they win.

Looking at the Playoff Rankings as it stands right now, only the 4 thru 6 seedings might shuffle, and if say Clemson were to lose the ACC CCG, it opens the door for OU.

I like it because you can always fit in all the P5 Champions if their body of work warrants it and one At Large.

And if there are P5 team(s) that just doesn't cut the mustard so to speak, it provides for two or more at large. Very much like this year where the B1G would get 3 bids.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

And with a 6 team format expansion, it wouldn't matter who the B1G or PAC CCG winners are this year. Both Colorado and Whisky make it.

Looking at the Playoff rankings as it stand right now, only the 4 thru 6 seeding might shuffle, and if say Clemson were to lose the ACC CCG, it opens the door for OU.
I don't think its hard to see given the standards that are being set.The system is obviously flawed.Pushing teams that couldn't win their division or a head to head.As the "best" teams. Hell I shook my head last weekend when and "analysis" had USC ranked 5th. And tried making the case that they played the strongest SOS.And personel changes are accounted for by the committee.Trying to make a case that SC should be in the playoffs before the Utah/Colorado game.What does that say for the current system? While SC is hot and I would put money on it.That they would smoke OSU and add to their over all win total over OSU. I'm not going to blow smoke and pretend they deserve a play off spot :L I believe in Conference championships,H2H and what is determined on the field. Putting a team in off a judgement call..........Thats right back to the failed BCS system and politics. Find something concrete without all the "grey" areas and expand the play offs imo

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its hard to see given the standards that are being set.The system is obviously flawed.Pushing teams that couldn't win their division or a head to head.As the "best" teams. Hell I shook my head last weekend when and "analysis" had USC ranked 5th. And tried making the case that they played the strongest SOS.And personel changes are accounted for by the committee.Trying to make a case that SC should be in the playoffs before the Utah/Colorado game.What does that say for the current system? While SC is hot and I would put money on it.That they would smoke OSU and add to their over all win total over OSU. I'm not going to blow smoke and pretend they deserve a play off spot :L I believe in Conference championships,H2H and what is determined on the field. Putting a team in off a judgement call..........Thats right back to the failed BCS system and politics. Find something concrete without all the "grey" areas and expand the play offs imo
I agree! :nod:

Did you notice in my 6 Playoff team seeding scenario that Ohio State would play Penn State?

I mean, what better way to say once and for all who deserves to play for a possible National Championship but to line 'em up on the field once more? :noidea: