• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Wisconsin only needs to jump 1 spot. Now, I think they established tonight that if Washington and Clemson win, they're in. But if one of them loses, I definitely think the B1G CCG winner is in.
They didn't establish shit tonight. That clown they had talking up there probably doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Wisconsin only needs to jump 1 spot. Now, I think they established tonight that if Washington and Clemson win, they're in. But if one of them loses, I definitely think the B1G CCG winner is in.

When Kirby said it's very close being Washington and Michigan, I took that as Michigan is the next team in. He didn't even slightly say PSU or Wisconsin have a chance with a win. When asked "what if Penn State wins the CCG", he basically answered with a long pause and then roundabout BS that didn't answer the question. Maybe the chance is there, but I didn't get the sense that it is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure but after Penn State lost their 2nd game in September against Michigan they have won all their games, won their division who has Buckeyes & Michigan, and could have Big10 Championship but still not make the Playoffs. What could they have done differently to get in? Michigan can get in with a loss by Clemson or Washington and they lost 2 games in November and not even in Big10 Championship game.
Here's my problem. I understand they lost those games in September. However, that michigan game was an absolute drubbing. If PSU had lost in the final minutes like OSU and michigan lost their games this year, I'd be on your side. But that was a bloodbath from start to finish.

Also, as I've been saying this whole time, a lot of it is the eye test. PSU isn't even top 25 in either scoring offense or defense. That is why OSU is #2 without playing in their CCG game - they've been elite on both sides of the ball. They're averaging about a TD more per game than PSU, and they're giving up nearly 9 points less per game.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look that way based on the playoff rankings show tonight...Michigan is clearly on the edge of getting in. Wisconsin or PSU are not jumping Michigan.

They even said tonight Washington and Michigan are very very close in margin so you are correct doesn't appear neither Badgers or PSU will jump them.

Only way Badgers or Penn State make the playoffs

Clemson & Washington Losses and they win by 21+ points

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kirby said it's very close being Washington and Michigan, I took that as Michigan is the next team in. He didn't even slightly say PSU or Wisconsin have a chance with a win. When asked "what if Penn State wins the CCG", he basically answered with a long pause and then roundabout BS that didn't answer the question. Maybe the chance is there, but I didn't get the sense that it is.
Yeah, but his eyes are so dreamy. He isn't there for his immense knowledge.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because as a fan of the sport. I want to see the best 4 teams in the play offs. And PSU earned that right where it counts.

I think the only right they earned is a right to play in the BIG Championship. The CFP will decided who the 4 teams will be...and I am ok if they decide not to put Ohio State in the playoff even though they are one of the four best teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a ploy to duck the PAC. No one wants to play Washington in the play offs. Or SC in the Rose.
Do you think SC would get the Rose over the CCG loser? I mean, I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve it if it's between them and CU.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They even said tonight Washington and Michigan are very very close in margin so you are correct doesn't appear neither Badgers or PSU will jump them.

Only way Badgers or Penn State make the playoffs

Clemson & Washington Losses and they win by 21+ points

Exactly. I expected to not get many answers out of tonight's show but I actually think it was pretty clear that PSU and Wisconsin are out.

It is what it is. It's not that I think PSU has a major case to make the playoff anyways, I just think the committee needs to be a fuck of a lot more clear on their criteria

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my problem. I understand they lost those games in September. However, that michigan game was an absolute drubbing. If PSU had lost in the final minutes like OSU and michigan lost their games this year, I'd be on your side. But that was a bloodbath from start to finish.

Also, as I've been saying this whole time, a lot of it is the eye test. PSU isn't even top 25 in either scoring offense or defense. That is why OSU is #2 without playing in their CCG game - they've been elite on both sides of the ball. They're averaging about a TD more per game than PSU, and they're giving up nearly 9 points less per game.

The fact that Penn State didn't have 3 starters on Defense play a factor on the drubbing?
That Penn State beat OSU despite that they are averaging what you said?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee thinks that the B1G conference alignment is bullshit and Delaney is a complete joke. I especially agree with the latter. Worst commish in sports after Goodell.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think SC would get the Rose over the CCG loser? I mean, I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve it if it's between them and CU.
If Washington beats Colorado and makes the play offs. SC would have head to head wins over both the PAC champion and Colorado. The Rose would go to the 2nd highest PAC team in the playoff rankings. There's been a lot of projections SC will get the Rose. It may be close .But I don't see that happening

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee thinks that the B1G conference alignment is bullshit and Delaney is a complete joke. I especially agree with the latter. Worst commish in sports after Goodell.
Bettman may be close. He does have two NHL lock outs under his belt

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I expected to not get many answers out of tonight's show but I actually think it was pretty clear that PSU and Wisconsin are out.

It is what it is. It's not that I think PSU has a major case to make the playoff anyways, I just think the committee needs to be a fuck of a lot more clear on their criteria

Playoff committee = what criteria? (Head to head, Strength of Schedule, Championship in division, Wins vs Loses, etc)

What we have seen is its the eye test of the committee. Lets win against the Badgers, get shut out of playoffs, take that anger out on opponent in our bowl game then next year continue where we left off.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Penn State didn't have 3 starters on Defense play a factor on the drubbing?
That Penn State beat OSU despite that they are averaging what you said?
Injuries happen all the time, man. A big part of assessing a team's talent level is depth. It's one thing OSU has done an incredible job of doing. They rotate guys in and out all the time to give them much needed experience, and then when something like this happens they're fine. When we played ND in our bowl game last year, we were down 3 starting defensive linemen (including Joey Bosa and Adolphus Washington, who were both drafted just a few months later), but we made it work.

Also, you weren't down any players on offense, but you couldn't do anything.

PSU beat OSU, yes. However, when you look at that game objectively, you can see that OSU clearly outplayed them but lost on one of the rarest plays in college football.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington beats Colorado and makes the play offs. SC would have head to head wins over both the PAC champion and Colorado. The Rose would go to the 2nd highest PAC team in the playoff rankings. There's been a lot of projections SC will get the Rose. It may be close .But I don't see that happening
Ohh okay. I wasn't sure how they did that, if they went with the playoff rankings or they just automatically rolled with the CCG runner-up.

Well, you have a very real chance to see USC face this PSU team you're so fond of. If not... damn, could be USC-michigan. I'd be watching the fuck out of that one. Hell USC vs. any of the top 4 B1G teams has the makings for a hell of a game.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff committee = what criteria? (Head to head, Strength of Schedule, Championship in division, Wins vs Loses, etc)

What we have seen is its the eye test of the committee. Lets win against the Badgers, get shut out of playoffs, take that anger out on opponent in our bowl game then next year continue where we left off.

That's exactly my thoughts too. Just win the bowl game we end up in, and do better next year. Penn State will be a much better team next year anyways.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Clemson loses this weekend to make things simpler. They really haven't played anybody.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan lost to teams from both damn divisions in the last 3 weeks though..