• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been all I've been trying to say the whole time.

Well then they need to rewrite the rules for the playoffs. Don't have BS saying Championship winners, or Head to Head matchups but just say the 4 best teams the committee deems as the best 4. For the record I do not feel PSU is one of the best 4 but I do believe they have played like it and have done everything they needed to be eligible for the playoffs. I don't see how they can put Buckeyes in and Penn State out if PSU wins BIg10 but once again the committee is going with who they feel is best 4 teams. (even if one of the teams out beat a team that's in :scratch:)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then they need to rewrite the rules for the playoffs. Don't have BS saying Championship winners, or Head to Head matchups but just say the 4 best teams the committee deems as the best 4. For the record I do not feel PSU is one of the best 4 but I do believe they have played like it and have done everything they needed to be eligible for the playoffs. I don't see how they can put Buckeyes in and Penn State out if PSU wins BIg10 but once again the committee is going with who they feel is best 4 teams. (even if one of the teams out beat a team that's in :scratch:)
There are no "rules". They have said many times that they have multiple different pieces of criteria they look at.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no "rules". They have said many times that they have multiple different pieces of criteria they look at.

No rules is what's called anarchy and that's what we are having so maybe we should have rules in place.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL congrats on finding an arbitrary internet site that nobody references outside of this website. OSU has 4 wins vs. the AP Top 25. Who else can claim that? I'll wait.
I've already conceded that Ohio State will probably get in, I just don't think its right.

Tell me what other team this year can get in without winning their Conference besides tOSU?

Maybeeeee Michigan....

The eye tests tells me they are a better team than the Buckeyes...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would just bring us back to the BCS popularity contest.That we are trying to get away from. I cant say its the 4 best teams. If an Ohio State team that lost a head to head game .To a Penn State with a conference championship and the resume. If PSU wins they are the best team hands down imo. They earned it on the field which is how it should be. Otherwise its just politics

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already conceded that Ohio State will probably get in, I just don't think its right.

Tell me what other team this year can get in without winning their Conference besides tOSU?

Maybeeeee Michigan....

The eye tests tells me they are the better team that the Buckeyes...
It would take a whole lot of chaos for michigan to get in.

No other team deserves to get in without winning their conference. Why? Because OSU is 11-1 with 4 AP wins, 3 top 10 wins (2 on the road), all while being elite both on offense and defense. This is all very easy to figure out. The committee has no problem understanding it, at least.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other team deserves to get in without winning their conference. Why? Because OSU is 11-1 with 4 AP wins, 3 top 10 wins (2 on the road), all while being elite both on offense and defense. This is all very easy to figure out. The committee has no problem understanding it, at least.
Well in that case maybe they should move up to the No. 1 seed.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the answer to that. Politics and ratings. It has nothing to do with the games. And If the committee wants to put the best 4 teams in the play offs., If PSU wins they are in and OSU is out in the final play off rankings. Otherwise its no different from the BCS popularity contest. And they need to make revisions or extend the play offs. To crown one true champion

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take a whole lot of chaos for michigan to get in.

Doesn't look that way based on the playoff rankings show tonight...Michigan is clearly on the edge of getting in. Wisconsin or PSU are not jumping Michigan.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "rules" have to be implemented then?

Not sure but after Penn State lost their 2nd game in September against Michigan they have won all their games, won their division who has Buckeyes & Michigan, and could have Big10 Championship but still not make the Playoffs. What could they have done differently to get in? Michigan can get in with a loss by Clemson or Washington and they lost 2 games in November and not even in Big10 Championship game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look that way based on the playoff rankings show tonight...Michigan is clearly on the edge of getting in. Wisconsin or PSU are not jumping Michigan.
Really? Wisconsin only needs to jump 1 spot. Now, I think they established tonight that if Washington and Clemson win, they're in. But if one of them loses, I definitely think the B1G CCG winner is in.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Michigan (or Ohio State) should get in over the Big Ten Champion and I have said my reasons why.

I do think Michigan is the best team in the Big Ten but not by much. If you win your conference, you deserve to go over a team that didn't.