• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't say... While they do have a decent schedule 'including' the 3 wins, I can't agree it's 'with' the 3 wins b/c that is complete nonsense considering 6 of the teams on the Ohio State schedule had a combined record of 27-45.

And of the four top teams tOSU played, 2 wins required OT (1 at home), 1 was lost, and 1 was by a 2 score margin.

Ohio State's season clearly could have easily gone the other way, thank God for them other 6 marginal teams along the way, eh?
Name a team outside of Alabama where you couldn't say the same thing.

Know what OSU didn't do this year? Get beat by 39. Know what else they didn't do? Lose at home at night. Know what else they didn't do? Lose two games. Know what else they didn't do? Lose to an 8-4 team.

Know what they did do? Lead the nation in wins over AP ranked opponents. Know what else they did? Win 2 of their 3 games over top 10 teams on the road at night (while only barely losing the 1 on the road at night following a top 10 road night game). Know what else they did? Ranked in the top 10 in scoring offense and defense, something only Washington did (who did it vs. an easier schedule).

Best resume in the country outside of Alabama, which is why they're ranked 2nd behind the Tide. Read it and weep.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the question?Ive been skimming because there is no valid reason Ohio State should get in over PSU. Given the results of the season
What's Penn State ranked? What's Ohio State ranked? I guess the intelligent people feel different from you.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Penn State has a head to head victory over Ohio State. Which is the reason they are in the CCG. Penn State won the division. You may not like it but it is what it is. Had Ohio State beaten Penn State it would be different.But they did not. No matter how you spin it facts are facts. Penn State got the job done

11-2 > 11-1
8-1>7-1
Conference championship
Head to head win over Ohio state
Yet they're still not as good of a team as OSU, which is why they'll be out of the playoffs while the Buckeyes are in.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't say... While they do have a decent schedule 'including' the 3 wins, I can't agree it's 'with' the 3 wins b/c that is complete nonsense considering 6 of the teams on the Ohio State schedule had a combined record of 27-45.

And of the four top teams tOSU played, 2 wins required OT (1 at home), 1 was lost, and 1 was by a 2 score margin.

Ohio State's season clearly could have easily gone the other way, thank God for them other 6 marginal teams along the way, eh?
But Penn State won on a fluke play :rant: They only get credit for 4 minutes of a head to head victory. That played a major role in Penn State winning the division over Ohio State :rant:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they're still not as good of a team as OSU, which is why they'll be out of the playoffs while the Buckeyes are in.
If you have the homer goggles on. Penn State won that debate on the field. The scoreboard and BIG X standings says Penn State is the better team

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Penn State to get in with this playoff committee BOTH Clemson & Washington need to loss and of course beat Wisconsin.

#1 Bama can lose game and still be #1
#2 OSU stays put because cant lose
#3 Clemson needs to lose so Washington will be #3
#4 Washington needs to lose so Michigan will be #4

We need Clemson and Washington to lose so we to be in the playoffs and I still don't think the committee would put 3 Big10 teams in the Final 4.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU lost to Michigan badly which hurts them. People forget PSU had several players injured 3 starters on defense. The players returned against Buckeyes and we know how that ended. People may say PSU got lucky beating OSU, that it was a ugly win, that Buckeyes out played them that may all be true but in the end Penn State won the game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Penn State to get in with this playoff committee BOTH Clemson & Washington need to loss and of course beat Wisconsin.

#1 Bama can lose game and still be #1
#2 OSU stays put because cant lose
#3 Clemson needs to lose so Washington will be #3
#4 Washington needs to lose so Michigan will be #4

We need Clemson and Washington to lose so we to be in the playoffs and I still don't think the committee would put 3 Big10 teams in the Final 4.
I don't know ritz your Nittany Lions fit the play off criteria if they win the CCG. Conference championship and Head to head win.Are both a large part of the criteria.And y'all would have earned it. I have to give PSU respect

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have the homer goggles on. Penn State won that debate on the field. The scoreboard and BIG X standings says Penn State is the better team
And that's why we have a committee... here's that word again: objectivity.

If the CCG was so important, why do they have OSU in the top 4 at all? They don't have a panel of Buckeye fans picking the teams. Why would they do that?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know ritz your Nittany Lions fit the play off criteria if they win the CCG. Conference championship and Head to head win.Are both a large part of the criteria.And y'all would have earned it. I have to give PSU respect
They'd fit the criteria no more than OSU. There's never been a non-conference champ in the playoff, and there's never been a 2-loss team in the playoff. When you lose to an 8-4 team and get destroyed by 39 in another game, that's not a playoff resume unless every other team has 2 losses. Thankfully the committee has the intelligence to actually examine teams' entire seasons.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why we have a committee... here's that word again: objectivity.

If the CCG was so important, why do they have OSU in the top 4 at all? They don't have a panel of Buckeye fans picking the teams. Why would they do that?
Because the CCG hasn't been played yet :L I cant help it Ohio State lost to Penn State. It was not a fluke they played an entire game. And had a chance after the field goal was blocked. They were shut down on the last drive by the PSU defense. I think complaining is a 10k vCash fine I'm not sure :noidea:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a team outside of Alabama where you couldn't say the same thing.
I'll give you 24, notice 'The Ohio State' is 'The 25th' in adjusted SOS...

1HJlfMj.png
Read it and weep yourself....

Or maybe you can tell us all about them night games some more.. :dhd:

ATF must not realize that while most of the nation sleeps, the PAC is playing meaningful football every week!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the CCG hasn't been played yet :L I cant help it Ohio State lost to Penn State. It was not a fluke they played an entire game. And had a chance after the field goal was blocked. They were shut down on the last drive by the PSU defense. I think complaining is a 10k vCash fine I'm not sure :noidea:
So be careful as to not lose your vCash. The CCG hasn't been played yet but OSU won't be playing, that won't change. They know that, so why even have them in the top 4 right now when they know that?

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it interesting that Iowa didn't make it into the rankings. The conspiracy theorist in me believes it's to justify Washington over Wisconsin or Penn State, while also making Michigan's record vs Top 25 look better.

The rankings didn't surprise me tonight - if Michigan would get in over a Conference Champ PSU or Wisconsin after going 1-2 to close out the year with a 20-10 win vs IU being the most recent win, I'd be shocked.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you but listening to playoff committee tonight talk about PSU and the huge separation between PSU and Buckeyes which they beat. Plus them saying its the 4 best teams they feel and not CCG win or head to head but best 4 in their eyes. Those statements just sealed PSU fate even with a win on Saturday. PSU has played lights out since they got their players back but it is what it is. If the committee doesn't put them in Final 4 then what you do next year win all the games so committee has no choice but to put them in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read it a weep yourself....

ATF must not realize that while most of the nation sleeps, the PAC is playing meaningful football every week!
LOL congrats on finding an arbitrary internet site that nobody references outside of this website. OSU has 4 wins vs. the AP Top 25. Who else can claim that? I'll wait.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but listening to playoff committee tonight talk about PSU and the huge separation between PSU and Buckeyes which they beat. Plus them saying its the 4 best teams they feel and not CCG win or head to head but best 4 in their eyes. Those statements just sealed PSU fate even with a win on Saturday. PSU has played lights out since they got their players back but it is what it is. If the committee doesn't put them in Final 4 then what you do next year win all the games so committee has no choice but to put them in.
This has been all I've been trying to say the whole time.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read it and weep yourself....

They prefer SOS based on rankings and biased human polls. Over a formula that is based off of proper statistics tho

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing if PSU wins the conference championship.PSU is one of the best 4 teams. I don't pay the ESPN crew any mind

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbstreit is higher than a kite. He said that if Washington loses, Michigan gets in over the Penn State vs Wisconsin winner.