• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if PSU wins the conference, that should put them over the top because they would also have the head to head as part of their argument.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So you want a team that lost to the 7th best ACC team and they also lost to Michigan by 39. The same team that Ohio St beat...hmm but yeah you're right Penn St is one of the BEST FOUR. I think you need to look at their whole resume and not just the head-to-head. We can't look at the CCG yet bc it has not been played. At this point, Penn St's resume is nowhere near Ohio St's with an extra loss but they have H-2-H. That is why Penn St is 8 and Ohio St is 2.
If Penn Staye wins the CCG which is far from a given. They have a better resume. And have earned their spot in the play offs over Ohio State. There is no stat that can change what happened on the field. If the roles were reversed you would be saying the same thing I am

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't head to head get extra weight over stats and ratings when comparing two teams? You don't have to rely on all the stats and ratings like you do when comparing two teams who haven't played each other.

Yeah but you still have to watch the games and that particular game like the committee does. Not every game is the same. If you watch that game it isn't like Penn St dominated, you could make a case Ohio St controlled it. The point is, Penn St won the game but it won't be a whole lot of extra weight if Ohio St's resume is much better and they have much better wins along with only one loss while Penn St has two bad losses.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That CCG is a result of the regular season. Ohio States performance determined their position. No different than Wisconsin and Penn States performance.Earned their spots in that game. Why reward OSU for losing to PSU?
That CCG is also a game that tOSU wants no part playing in.

It took OT to get the win over Wisconsin last they played, and the Buckeyes want no part in trying to stop Clement in the CCG because they had no success in stopping him earlier in the season.

Lucky for them, losing to PSU could be their 'Get out of jail free' card.

If Ohio State had to play in that CCG game, it would not be nearly the 'lock' of getting into the final four then by missing the CCG.

And with that, there is something inherently wrong!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Penn Staye wins the CCG which is far from a given. They have a better resume. And have earned their spot in the play offs over Ohio State. There is no stat that can change what happened on the field. If the roles were reversed you would be saying the same thing I am

Actually no. The ONLY reason Ohio St got in 2 years ago because they dominated Wisconsin 59-0. If they don't do that, even though TCU/Baylor didn't have technically a conference championship game one of those is in the tp 4 no doubt. BUT now in this situation you have a team that has one more loss and both the losses are much worse than in TCU/Baylor's case.

If Penn St wins the CCG they have 2 top 10 wins. 3 top 25 wins. They have 2 losses. One to currently unranked Pitt and one by 39 to Michigan.

Ohio ST has 3 top 10 wins. 4 top 25 wins. They have 1 loss. One to Penn St by 3 points.

Penn St does not have the better resume. It's pretty simple.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It took OT to get the win over Wisconsin last they played, and the Buckeyes want no part in trying to stop Clement in the CCG because they had no success in stopping him earlier in the season.

If Ohio State had to play in that CCG game, it would not be nearly the 'lock' of getting into the final four then by missing the CCG.

I agree OSU had a whole lot more to lose if they played in the CCG. Wisky was a rough game the first time. A loss and OSU takes a massive hit. I think we can both guarantee OSU will be rooting for Wisconsin. And you know why

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you know this how lol. I guarantee they want to play Wisconsin and on a neutral field would be great especially turf!!! You do know they played a night game in Wisconsin where Wisconsin had two weeks to prepare.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no. The ONLY reason Ohio St got in 2 years ago because they dominated Wisconsin 59-0. If they don't do that, even though TCU/Baylor didn't have technically a conference championship game one of those is in the tp 4 no doubt. BUT now in this situation you have a team that has one more loss and both the losses are much worse than in TCU/Baylor's case.

If Penn St wins the CCG they have 2 top 10 wins. 3 top 25 wins. They have 2 losses. One to currently unranked Pitt and one by 39 to Michigan.

Ohio ST has 3 top 10 wins. 4 top 25 wins. They have 1 loss. One to Penn St by 3 points.

Penn St does not have the better resume. It's pretty simple.
Thay had an extra win and a sole conference championship. They also did not lose a head to head game against Baylor or TCU. And play in a different conference unlike PSU who won the BIG X East. The division Ohio State happens to play in. Like I said if the roles were reversed. You would be saying the same thing I am. And H2H and conference championships would matter with the scenario reversed

Objectivity

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thay had an extra win and a sole conference championship. They also did not lose a head to head game against Baylor or TCU. And play in a different conference unlike PSU who won the BIG X East. The division Ohio State happens to play in. Like I said if the roles were reversed. You would be saying the same thing I am. And H2H and conference championships would matter with the scenario reversed

Objectivity

Ohio St didn't have a strong resume up to that point, look at their schedule. If they don't blow out Wisconsin I guarantee they don't get in and the committee said the exact same thing. But basically what you are saying is bc Penn St won H-2-H and would have a conference championship they can have as many losses as they want LOL bc you aren't looking at the entire season. That's exactly what you are doing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St didn't have a strong resume up to that point, look at their schedule. If they don't blow out Wisconsin I guarantee they don't get in and the committee said the exact same thing. But basically what you are saying is bc Penn St won H-2-H and would have a conference championship they can have as many losses as they want LOL bc you aren't looking at the entire season. That's exactly what you are doing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for proving my point :suds: You have zero argument

TyrionLannistercheers.gif

"Buuuut Pittsburgh beat Clemson. That's means they are a better team" - RobotDevil aka Clarkson

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Buuuut Pittsburgh beat Clemson. That's means they are a better team" - RobotDevil aka Clarkson
You know you would be saying the same thing I am if the roles were reversed. Watch the game and tell me if the outcome changed :dhd:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, head to head still carries extra weight. If Pittsburgh were ACC champion and had only one more loss than Clemson, that would give them the stronger argument over Clemson.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That CCG is a result of the regular season. Ohio States performance determined their position. No different than Wisconsin and Penn States performance.Earned their spots in that game. Why reward OSU for losing to PSU?
Why reward PSU for getting demolished by michigan?

Oh yeah, that Iowa-michigan game that PSU had no impact on whatsoever. That game is what got them in, not their year-long performance.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, head to head still carries extra weight. If Pittsburgh were ACC champion and had only one more loss than Clemson, that would give them the stronger argument over Clemson.
Head to head doesn't count unless OSU :L The logic is unbelievable

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This is why I can't get through to you. You completely and entirely lack objectivity."

I'm out. Good luck.
2 conference losses. OSU and PSU have 1, so Wisconsin is behind them. That means at best they're tied for 3rd in the conference. Yet they're playing in a "championship game". This is why this game is irrelevant in regards to the playoff picture. OSU and michigan are the two best teams in the conference according the rankings, yet the 3rd and 4th best teams are playing in the CCG.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State beat Ohio State would be 11-2 with a direct win over Ohio State.They won the division Ohio State also plays in. And if they have a conference championship................... They have a better resume earned on the field
No they don't. They'd have two wins over top 10 teams, one at home and one on a neutral site. OSU has 3, with two of those being on the road. OSU also doesn't have two losses, and they've never come close to having a 39 point loss. That is not the makeup of a playoff team.

Literally the only reason we're having this discussion is Iowa upsetting michigan at the horn.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just seeking excuses now. Did Michigan win the division? :yawn:
Nope, they have two conference losses. PSU has one by 39 in a game they were absolutely destroyed in, OSU has one by 3 in a game they dominated.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know they played a night game in Wisconsin where Wisconsin had two weeks to prepare.
Yes, I do. And if I didn't before, I certainly do now, b/c I read it how many times in thread alone... :gaah:

And you know this how lol. I guarantee they want to play Wisconsin and on a neutral field would be great especially turf!!!
Because after the game all Buckeyes suddenly became Nittany Lions' fans. And as we've heard on here for the last several days, without the CCG win tOSU is still a lock for the final four.

If they had to play in the CCG game vs Wisky, than they would need to win, otherwise they would be out for sure unless Washington AND Clemson both lost.

So don't try and sell us on how Ohio State is a lock now without the CCG AND that instead they would rather face an essential elimination game to get to the final four, and that somehow that is a far better situation.