• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but at the beginning of the year, rankings at their worst projections for the most part, we see it year in and year out.
Now as far as on the field, you are right. It's more than head-to-head and it's more than one game. It's the ENTIRE resume. Rankings are perfect but by the end of the year not only with the schedules the teams have played and their resumes but with the eye test you know how good a team is. Upsets happen week in and week out but you can't base a whole season on one week. You have to look at it one week at a time and you can't just look at one week in the middle of the season and say, "this team beat that team. They are the better team." That's not hope this system works.
Minot trying to be a wise ass or take anything away from OSU's season. But I cant look past H2H or Conference championships. Otherwise Im taking away from PSU and other teams seasons. I cant see an angle to put a team in.Ahead of a team that beat them and won a CCG.Or a team that won a CCG. And replace them with a team that couldn't win their division. I want to see the teams that won the field in. Not a popularity contest or brand name. But thats just my opinion. They play the season for a reason. The regular season and conference games matter

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully those who know college football know better than this line of thinking. Real logic:

11-1/Three top 10 wins, 4 ranked wins overall/Top 10 in both scoring offense and defense against one of the toughest schedules in the nation > everyone not named Alabama.
Both Wisconsin and Penn State had a higher SOS than OSU. Both Wisconsin and Penn State are in the CCG.And Penn State beat OSU head to head. Which is covering the play off criteria

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranked as in 12, 16 and 18 are good. Do you know how rankings work?
So which is better, 12,16,18 and 26 with a loss to 25 or 9,15,28 and 29 and a loss to 10

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-1 and 11-2 with a conference championship > 11-1 with a remote control and a zima on CCG weekend

You can't just look at records. Sorry try again...and again...and again. You are beating a dead horse lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minot trying to be a wise ass or take anything away from OSU's season. But I cant look past H2H or Conference championships. Otherwise Im taking away from PSU and other teams seasons. I cant see an angle to put a team in.Ahead of a team that beat them and won a CCG.Or a team that won a CCG. And replace them with a team that couldn't win their division. I want to see the teams that won the field in. Not a popularity contest or brand name. But thats just my opinion. They play the season for a reason. The regular season and conference games matter

Well that's why we have a committee and an open-minded one. People that can look past one game. Like I said you can't base your season off one game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Here's an easy angle: OSU had a significantly better statistical season despite playing a tougher schedule
2. Couldn't win their division? The only reason they didn't is because michigan was upset by Iowa. PSU needed that in order to "win" the division, despite having the H2H win. Why? Because OSU is ranked higher. Why is that? Because they're a better team.

We're on opposite ends of the fence here, I understand, but there's no metric that says PSU has had a better season than OSU. Literally all statistics show this. Ignoring this is where all logic ends. OSU has very clearly been the better team. Arbitrary CCGs don't mean anything when they don't actually include the two best teams in the conference (or in this year's B1G, doesn't even include the top 2).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't just look at records. Sorry try again...and again...and again. You are beating a dead horse lol
Well that's why we have a committee and an open-minded one. People that can look past one game. Like I said you can't base your season off one game.
Both Wisconsin and Penn State had a higher SOS than OSU. Both Wisconsin and Penn State are in the CCG.And Penn State beat OSU head to head. Which is covering the play off criteria

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Here's an easy angle: OSU had a significantly better statistical season despite playing a tougher schedule
2. Couldn't win their division? The only reason they didn't is because michigan was upset by Iowa. PSU needed that in order to "win" the division, despite having the H2H win. Why? Because OSU is ranked higher. Why is that? Because they're a better team.

We're on opposite ends of the fence here, I understand, but there's no metric that says PSU has had a better season than OSU. Literally all statistics show this. Ignoring this is where all logic ends. OSU has very clearly been the better team. Arbitrary CCGs don't mean anything when they don't actually include the two best teams in the conference (or in this year's B1G, doesn't even include the top 2).
Stats are fun if they are playing fantasy football :L

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Wisconsin and Oklahoma both lose this weekend? Then OSU only has 2 top 10 wins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm no they didn't.

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

Getting to the CCG can many times mean nothing in regards to how good you are. Are you telling me VT is the 2nd best team in the ACC? We obviously know Wisconsin and PSU aren't the best teams in the B1G. You can go back through the years and find more than enough examples of teams getting to play in the CCG because of arbitrary division placement.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, is that why?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is better, 12,16,18 and 26 with a loss to 25 or 9,15,28 and 29 and a loss to 10
That's an irrelevant question. 12, 16 and 18 > 17. That's where we are right now. If they win their CCGs, then 12, 16, 18, 19 > 9 and 17.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, is that why?
Literally, yes.

OSU/PSU/michigan did a round robin, each beating the other. All things being equal, OSU gets into the CCG. Why? Because they're better. However, Iowa upsets michigan and all the sudden that puts PSU in. Like I said, that's literally why.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally, yes.

OSU/PSU/michigan did a round robin, each beating the other. All things being equal, OSU gets into the CCG. Why? Because they're better. However, Iowa upsets michigan and all the sudden that puts PSU in. Like I said, that's literally why.
OSU is not in the CCG because they literally lost to Penn st. Literally, as in it actually happened. Don't try and blame Michigan for OSU's shortcomings.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm no they didn't.

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

Getting to the CCG can many times mean nothing in regards to how good you are. Are you telling me VT is the 2nd best team in the ACC? We obviously know Wisconsin and PSU aren't the best teams in the B1G. You can go back through the years and find more than enough examples of teams getting to play in the CCG because of arbitrary division placement.
You do realize you're using a formula based strongly on rankings. Which is reliant on human polls right? Here's one of many that use a much more reliable formula.
BCF Toys - 2016 SOS Ratings

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again - you put OSU jerseys on PSU players and vice versa and give them each other's resumes (even with OSU beating PSU H2H) and I'm saying PSU is more deserving given their resume and overall performance, and it's not really close.