• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I came over from Rivals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

frabz-SO-YOU-DONT-LOVE-HERBUT-YOU-DONT-WANT-TO-LET-HER-GO-TELL-MEHOW-D-7513da.jpg
I doubt you see the irony in that post ... so I'll tell ya anyways. You're posting on this board yet I'm not posting on Rivals. #rentfree

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Starscream isn't here to do it, I will.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does rivals give you something extra for having more than 1 favorite college football team? I never seen so many dual college favorite teams in my life.

Everybody's got a story.

I came to Alabama in '78 in the Air Force. Didn't care a whit about any football, college or pro. Got out of the Air Force in '86, married a girl who graduated from Alabama for both college and law school in '88. So I became a die-hard Alabama fan (around '85, when I met her).

I graduated from Troy University (going at night) in '94, because it had gotten to the point that I couldn't get interviews for jobs without a degree, although I had been a programmer/systems analyst for 15 years....

That's the history of my 3 connections. The only one I really care about is the Alabama one, though. Even though I divorced that woman in 2013, after 25 years of marriage. Our youngest daughter is currently a junior at The University.

I expect that most folks have some reasons for their multiple choices as well.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if veterans of this here SportsHoopla board have any urge to go lurk on Rivals Soundoff just to get a peak at what's going on over there?

Or JDGAF?
SportsHoopla posters are all rejects/castaways from other corporate boards who screwed over their posters. Basically we just don't give a shit about corporate boards.

But if necessary, we will raise an army. We will raid their board. We will grease the threads of our board with their guts. We will steal their women and destroy their hope. WE WILL BE SportsHoopla THE GREAT!

:D

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm currently in a draftkings game with 176K players in it that ends tonight...

I'm currently in 3313 place :-) Top 46,000 people gets paid..

I need a strong 2nd half of MNF!!

Nice! Never done draftkings. Who you got going in tonight's game ?

lastfan

Tenured
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla posters are all rejects/castaways from other corporate boards who screwed over their poster. Basically we just don't give a shit about corporate boards.

But if necessary, we will raise an army. We will raid their board. We grease the threads of our board with their guts. We will steal their women and destroy their hope. WE WILL BE SportsHoopla THE GREAT!

:D

Whoa, man, he asked if you had the urge to lurk out of curiosity, and there you go getting all medieval on us...

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting... half of my family is Cubs fans and the other half are Indians fans LOL

Well if not the Giants...do it this way. We're just not as strong as the Cubs...they look invincible.

NoleJawn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I'm fairly certain that if you were to ask the mods, they wouldn't classify me as an ass kisser.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt... Artist-Payne TD knocked me back to 1871...

I didn't have him and somebody else did... Still have time to make up some more ground

So how does scoring work ? Is it similar to fantasy football ? Is it only based on yards and TD's or do you get more for first downs or reaching yard milestones etc ?

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody's got a story.

I came to Alabama in '78 in the Air Force. Didn't care a whit about any football, college or pro. Got out of the Air Force in '86, married a girl who graduated from Alabama for both college and law school in '88. So I became a die-hard Alabama fan (around '85, when I met her).

I graduated from Troy University (going at night) in '94, because it had gotten to the point that I couldn't get interviews for jobs without a degree, although I had been a programmer/systems analyst for 15 years....

That's the history of my 3 connections. The only one I really care about is the Alabama one, though. Even though I divorced that woman in 2013, after 25 years of marriage. Our youngest daughter is currently a junior at The University.

I expect that most folks have some reasons for their multiple choices as well.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have UGA and Georgia Southern. Georgia Southern was built from the ground up by my favorite coach when I was growing up watching the Dawgs. Erk Russell is a legend and will forever be a "Damn Good Dawg". When he went to Statesboro I followed his journey. I was on the grass in the back of the endzone when the Eagles scored the winning TD over Stephen F. Austin in 89 to finish his 15-0 NC season, and career. GO DAWGS, and GO EAGLES.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if veterans of this here SportsHoopla board have any urge to go lurk on Rivals Soundoff just to get a peak at what's going on over there?

Or JDGAF?
No offense to your home board, but nope, not in the slightest. I've lurked around a number of boards and none of them are as hands off, say what you wanna say, as this one. Not only do we have good college football chatter, there's baseball, hockey, basketball, racing, cooking, huntin' and fishin', guns, music, cars, beer, and a lot more. I fucking love it here! Besides that, the Hoop has bush. :heh:

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense to your home board, but nope, not in the slightest. I've lurked around a number of boards and none of them are as hands off, say what you wanna say, as this one. Not only do we have good college football chatter, there's baseball, hockey, basketball, racing, cooking, huntin' and fishin', guns, music, cars, beer, and a lot more. I fucking love it here! Besides that, the Hoop has bush. :heh:

W or HW?

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"So much of what we call management consists in making it difficult for people to work." -- Peter Drucker

Stake

Keep your HeadDown
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where's the kitchen?

Status
Not open for further replies.