• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I bought a couple Brady Rookie Cards back in the day....

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The youth" aren't the ones spending thousands on cards. People with a lot more disposable money than most of us are.

Brady is the GOAT. His rookie card, especially in mint condition will hold value far longer than other fad products. It's not like these are still being printed or there are tons of them sitting unopened. The grading world was not very big back then either, so the majority of these cards have been lost or damaged along the way.
Well I hope so. I have several nice collectables from the past and someday hope to cash them out but some are sentimental.

My buddy has an interesting collectable he will never part with. His wedding album and guest list card. You see Mickey Mantle was his best man at the wedding and all the living Yankee greats signed his guest card. I never saw anything like it,

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The youth" aren't the ones spending thousands on cards. People with a lot more disposable money than most of us are.

Brady is the GOAT. His rookie card, especially in mint condition will hold value far longer than other fad products. It's not like these are still being printed or there are tons of them sitting unopened. The grading world was not very big back then either, so the majority of these cards have been lost or damaged along the way.
This is true. The hobby(talking about baseball card collecting) was ALWAYS dominated by adults with deep pockets. While the “youth” was buying packs for $.50ea, the adults were buying up all the high-end stuff.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better sell fast?? Nah. Not me. They got this valuable sitting in my drawer and that’s where they will stay. I will be sure to tell my daughter about them, though, so she knows not to throw them away one day.
OK so you're passing them on. Safety deposit box or safe unless they're insured. Make sure they're noted in your will.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Char group.jpg

Value from left to right: $12,000 -> $14,000 -> $7,000

I sold the majority of my collection from childhood about 3 years ago for $5,000. What I sold is worth closer to $50,000 today. Whoops!

My mom was actually clearing out her spare room the other day and came across a small stack of cards I had missed from back then. I went and grabbed them, did some research, and should be able to make about $7,000 from them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better sell fast?? Nah. Not me. They got this valuable sitting in my drawer and that’s where they will stay. I will be sure to tell my daughter about them, though, so she knows not to throw them away one day.

Pure Steel will hold onto them for ya

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll sell them and head to Saratoga racetrack.....

Man I hope Saratoga is back this summer

that entire towns economy must have been massacred last year

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope Saratoga is back this summer

that entire towns economy must have been massacred last year
I’m about 20 mins from Disneyland. Pretty sore subject out here with them being forced to close for the last full calendar year. That’s like 20,000 employees who haven’t been able to work, too.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a dozen John Olerud rookie upper decks laying around

11 cents
What kills me is that I loaded up on cards of guys who all ended up being tainted by steroids: Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro, Arod etc.... All of their stuff is worth 1/3 what it should be now.

At least Olerud was clean!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m about 20 mins from Disneyland. Pretty sore subject out here with them being forced to close for the last full calendar year. That’s like 20,000 employees who haven’t been able to work, too.

Can’t even imagine, I wouldn’t even venture a guess what a place like Disneyworld or Land lose financially every day

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kills me is that I loaded up on cards of guys who all ended up being tainted by steroids: Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro, Arod etc.... All of their stuff is worth 1/3 what it should be now.

At least Olerud was clean!

I had a few Rose rookies, once my prized possessions. It was one of those cards with 4 players on one card from like 1963 or some shit. Was escalating into the thousands rapidly. Became worthless after his scandal. Looked it up about a year ago, back up into like the $3500. At my moms house, can’t be great condition

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t even imagine, I wouldn’t even venture a guess what a place like Disneyworld or Land lose financially every day
Billions of dollars in lost revenues for them from this. Don’t forget that Disney also runs cruises and hotels and other businesses that have also been dead! Fortunately, Disney+ has been a huge success and has bailed them out, but all the theme parks are fed up out here. Disney World in FLA reopened a while ago, too. It’s just closed here.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billions of dollars in lost revenues for them from this. Don’t forget that Disney also runs cruises and hotels and other businesses that have also been dead! Fortunately, Disney+ has been a huge success and has bailed them out, but all the theme parks are fed up out here. Disney World in FLA reopened a while ago, too. It’s just closed here.

My buddy going to Disneyworld next month with his family

real curious how crowded it is

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a few Rose rookies, once my prized possessions. It was one of those cards with 4 players on one card from like 1963 or some shit. Was escalating into the thousands rapidly. Became worthless after his scandal. Looked it up about a year ago, back up into like the $3500. At my moms house, can’t be great condition
I remember that card! I never had the coin to buy one, though. I had to settle for his 1982 Topps “In Action” or “All-Star” card instead. It’s worth $0.50ea. now.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy going to Disneyworld next month with his family

real curious how crowded it is
Those parks are just massive. Even at 50% capacity there’s a ton of room. There is no excuse to not have it open in some form here.

CA is so backwards, though. That new Rams stadium is the size of a small city. It looked absurd to see games played with no fans there. Especially when so many games were effectively letting fans in with smaller numbers. CA too stubborn for that.