• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I bought a couple Brady Rookie Cards back in the day....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are yours graded? Values are multiplied many times by legit grades (PSA/Beckett) and a reason why some cards are selling for crazy high prices. If yours are not in Mint condition the actual values are fractions of what 9's and 10's go for.
Yes. They are both PSA 9. I posted links to PSA 9 versions selling on eBay, as well.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. I actually came into this thread feeling sorry for your dumb ass and hoping to let yoyu down easy but its clear you are just a bitch ass troll. I would say rex racer but there is no way to verify because all you pussy trolls do is cover your tracks with vpn.
I’m a troll? I started the damn thread. You come in here telling me I don’t know how completed auctions and on eBay work. Then you make yourself look dumber with every post after that(Including one post where you call me a newbie when I’ve been on the site for 7 years more than you have). Lol. Go away. Adults are trying to have a conversation here.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a troll? I started the damn thread. You come in here telling me I don’t know how completed auctions and on eBay work. Then you make yourself look dumber with every post after that(Including one post where you call me a newbie when I’ve been on the site for 7 years more than you have). Lol. Go away. Adults are trying to have a conversation here.
Trolls cant start threads now? Better inform lambeau legs on this earth shattering new resolution.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats if that's true..

Spent $100 on an unlimited Black Lotus and $275 on an Alpha Mox Sapphire (back in the early 00s). Both are worth a combined $20K today. Pretty insane what people are willing to pay for a piece of paper.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats if that's true..

Spent $100 on an unlimited Black Lotus and $275 on an Alpha Mox Sapphire (back in the early 00s). Both are worth a combined $20K today. Pretty insane what people are willing to pay for a piece of paper.
I don’t know what those are, but I was blown away by some of these selling prices. My Brady cards are graded 9. The 10’s were selling several magnitudes higher.

I was more blown away by the economics experts that popped in here to tell me i don’t know how to read selling prices on EBay, though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what those are, but I was blown away by some of these selling prices. My Brady cards are graded 9. The 10’s were selling several magnitudes higher.

I was more blown away by the economics experts that popped in here to tell me i don’t know how to read selling prices on EBay, though.

Magic the Gathering cards. You've probably heard of em'. 10 PSA/Beckett graded cards are generally very high value if not INSANE value if the card is rare enough.

I paid decently for a 10 PSA Kris Bryant rookie auto/patch card... but looks like that was a waste of money at this point.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a 1st Edition pack of Pokemon cards last Summer for $2,200 and just sold it for $14,000

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a 1959 Roger Maris card in decent shape at one time. Can’t seem to find it anymore, though. That was the coolest old card I had. I do have a really nice 1965 Hank Aaron, though. I know @DirtDirtDirt has all the Mantle and Mays rookies and shit like that, though. He doesn’t mess around.

My dad was one of the biggest collectors in the country, still talked about in the industry, passed on now. It’s how we ended up with the places by the stadium ironically, that all started because of baseball cards believe it or not

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad was one of the biggest collectors in the country, still talked about in the industry, passed on now. It’s how we ended up with the places by the stadium ironically, that all started because of baseball cards believe it or not
I DO believe it. I’ve seen what some of this stuff is worth now. A Mantle rookie card went for over $5m a few weeks ago. And I remember you saying you had a great collection back in the day. Do you still have any of that??

Also, will you be able to reopen the bar in some form when baseball resumes?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic the Gathering cards. You've probably heard of em'. 10 PSA/Beckett graded cards are generally very high value if not INSANE value if the card is rare enough.

I paid decently for a 10 PSA Kris Bryant rookie auto/patch card... but looks like that was a waste of money at this point.
I don’t know much about that World, but I have seen some of the card prices. That’s amazing.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turns out I invested a fair amount in Justin Upton cards for some reason, too. Not as excited about those.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DO believe it. I’ve seen what some of this stuff is worth now. A Mantle rookie card went for over $5m a few weeks ago. And I remember you saying you had a great collection back in the day. Do you still have any of that??

Also, will you be able to reopen the bar in some form when baseball resumes?

It was really dads collection where I built my own little collection, a joke in comparison. My mom and dad divorced, dad moved his collection with 2 trucks to Vegas, I’ll never forget we built shelving units in the trucks, the way he took care of that shit. He re-married and passed unexpectedly in 2013, his wife and douche son ended up with the collection and sold it all in one shot to a huge collector. We didn’t even wanna know the sell price, it would have made us sick.
I can tell you stories dude, I spent my entire childhood at baseball card shows at convention centers all over the country, met every player you could imagine.

My greatest memory at a show in Atlantic City convention center as a 7 year old sitting on Billy Martins lap all afternoon with Mickey Mantle to our left and Whitey Ford to our right, those guys busting each other’s balls signing autographs all day. Billy and Duke Snider best men I ever met, Pete Rose, my favorite player ever, biggest fucking piece of garbage I ever met. Ted Simmons, the former catcher also always stuck out to me as such a great dude.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one still has a $35 tag on it. Lol:

5AB04312-276A-4A31-B19A-905D80DD3DA9.jpeg

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really dads collection where I built my own little collection, a joke in comparison. My mom and dad divorced, dad moved his collection with 2 trucks to Vegas, I’ll never forget we built shelving units in the trucks, the way he took care of that shit. He re-married and passed unexpectedly in 2013, his wife and douche son ended up with the collection and sold it all in one shot to a huge collector. We didn’t even wanna know the sell price, it would have made us sick.
I can tell you stories dude, I spent my entire childhood at baseball card shows at convention centers all over the country, met every player you could imagine.

My greatest memory at a show in Atlantic City convention center as a 7 year old sitting on Billy Martins lap all afternoon with Mickey Mantle to our left and Whitey Ford to our right, those guys busting each other’s balls signing autographs all day. Billy and Duke Snider best men I ever met, Pete Rose, my favorite player ever, biggest fucking piece of garbage I ever met. Ted Simmons, the former catcher also always stuck out to me as such a great dude.
Holy shit. That is amazing. I spent much of my childhood at card shows and conventions, too. I just tended to meet fat guys in sweatpants instead of Mickey Mantle. Other than that?? Same stories. lol.

Collecting was more fun in those days before EBay came along.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. That is amazing. I spent much of my childhood at card shows and conventions, too. I just tended to meet fat guys in sweatpants instead of Mickey Mantle. Other than that?? Same stories. lol.

Collecting was more fun in those days before EBay came along.

Once my dad opened the souvenir shops by the stadium, he gave me and my friends dozens and dozens of baseballs at these show to have the players sign, for re-sale of course, and players hated that shit, some more than others, like Rose, always dreaded going up to him

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another story is that Joe DiMaggio was the most selective with shit he wouldn’t sign. There was once a famous photo of him getting out of a limo with Marilyn Monroe, he would never sign that photo, Marilyn was a very very sore spot for Joe D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know much about that World, but I have seen some of the card prices. That’s amazing.

What pains me is the 1st edition Charizard (Pokemon). I saw kids literally slamming that down on the lunch table with greasy fingers and damaging the edges of the card routinely when I was in Jr. High School... I wasn't any wiser, I thought it was 'whatever' and a fad.

Perfect 10 Charizard is worth about $50K these days....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another story is that Joe DiMaggio was the most selective with shit he wouldn’t sign. There was once a famous photo of him getting out of a limo with Marilyn Monroe, he would never sign that photo, Marilyn was a very very sore spot for Joe D
Yes. Talk about a mismatch! They were only married for a short time, but it was rough on both of them.