• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So after 5 games who are the teams that will want to draft a QB in the first two rounds

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. It certainly does help to have the right guys in charge. If both Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are available after this year, it will be a fun off-season.

Honestly, I'm not high on either. Both would be upgrades to Hoyer, but I'd prefer to go the draft route.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread, I was surprised to not see the Bills at the top of this list.

They structured Taylor's contract to make it cap-friendly to release him after this season.

They have 2 1st, 2 2nd, and 2 3rd round picks in next year's draft. If they want to bundle picks to move up, they should be able to do that.

Peterman was taken in the 5th round. All he's proven so far is that he's good enough to beat out Yates for a roster spot, and good enough to look like a capable QB in a preseason game against the other teams backups.

Taylor has demonstrated over time that he doesn't have the consistency to take the Bills to the next level. The game yesterday was a typical example. He had several bad throws at critical points in the game, contributing to the Bills coming up short.

I expect Taylor to be released after the season, and the Bills to take a QB in round 1 or at the latest round 2.

Add him to any of the teams that need a QB and they'd be improved. Seems under appreciated to me.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not high on either. Both would be upgrades to Hoyer, but I'd prefer to go the draft route.
I really doubt Smith would come back to SF, but not necessarily from a 49ers perspective I just think it would be interesting to see 2 upper-half-of-the-league QBs on the market at the same time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cleveland will obviously draft Darnold which is fine with me. USC QBs are horribly overrated and USC as a program is overrated PLUS we need another QB to go die in Cleveland.

Then I'm sure Jed 'the douche' Yoork will draft Rosen, because California and all. San Fran is desperate to get anyone in the stadium and a new QB will probably fill 5,000 or so seats alone.

RomeDawg1956

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most overrated QB class in memory.
All of those mentioned as 1st rd picks are clunkers.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants, 49ers, Chargers

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are talking about, particularly with Smith. From what I have seen from him this year I see very few flaws. He is even throwing the ball downfield and accurately.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are talking about, particularly with Smith. From what I have seen from him this year I see very few flaws. He is even throwing the ball downfield and accurately.

Smith is off to a flying start...he's had a great month. He's benefitting from one of the more dynamic starts to an NFL career in K. Hunt, arguably the best TE in the game with T. Kelce, and an electrifying playmaker in T. Hill. At the end of the day however...it's still the same Alex Smith that we've seen for the last 10+ years.

This is a guy who should be in the absolute prime of his career, yet the Chiefs felt the need to trade a lot up to get Patrick Mahomes. Unless Reid and co. think he's the next Favre or something, it looks like they have their reservations as well. I'm just not gonna forget the first decade of his career (hard to, since I saw most every snap he ever took) and just look at the last month of action and say 'that's the real Alex Smith.'

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is off to a flying start...he's had a great month. He's benefitting from one of the more dynamic starts to an NFL career in K. Hunt, arguably the best TE in the game with T. Kelce, and an electrifying playmaker in T. Hill. At the end of the day however...it's still the same Alex Smith that we've seen for the last 10+ years.

This is a guy who should be in the absolute prime of his career, yet the Chiefs felt the need to trade a lot up to get Patrick Mahomes. Unless Reid and co. think he's the next Favre or something, it looks like they have their reservations as well. I'm just not gonna forget the first decade of his career (hard to, since I saw most every snap he ever took) and just look at the last month of action and say 'that's the real Alex Smith.'
A bunch of changes from this year to last:

1) Chiefs basically cut their drops in half. They've gone from 1.6 drops a game to .8 drops a game.
2) Alex Smith is taking a lot more sacks.
3) Alex Smith isnt throwing INTs at all.
4) Chiefs are about 17% better in the Red Zone.
5) Alex Smith is extending plays with his legs and also using his legs more to run.
6) Alex Smith's passes are more accurate in general

I suspect Alex Smith's stats will come down a little bit but maybe not a lot while Kareem Hunt is in the equation. His Yards Per Catch is in line with what he has been doing in his prime but he is playing pretty close to flawlessly so far with his skill set. I think what you're seeing is something like what happened with Dallas last year where teams weren't quite sure how to pick their poison.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Baltimore be on this list? @Oldschool739 ?????

"After four games, Flacco has completed only two passes on throws of 15 yards or longer and has been intercepted four times on such passes. That means twice as many of Flacco's deep throws have gone to the other team than the Ravens themselves."

Joe Flacco has completed twice as many deep passes to defenses than Ravens

Well well toy soldier, you get more desperate each time you open your toothless mouth...
Guess you covered your eyes on the 54 yarder and the 48....Hold onto something now because this may devastate you there G.I. Joke, the Ravens have the same record as the defending SB Champs do and are 2-1 in division....
But we know NE will be looking to draft a qb with Grandpa Cheater and Droppalo to look to the future with...
:stephena:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add the Broncos to the list of Questionable teams that could need a QB. Siemian has been very up and down and showing some regression as the season progresses. He has a lot to prove to be the long-term answer at QB. They still have Paxton Lynch and Chad Kelly waiting in the wings as possibilities but wouldn't surprise me if they went after a veteran. I keep hearing the Saints are thinking of moving on from Brees so I could see that one and I know the Chargers thought about taking Watson this past draft until Rivers threw a fit so could see him being another veteran option for the Broncos. My guess is they will be too late in the draft to take one of the top guys so will have to go the veteran route.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect any team that has a top ten pick in next year's draft that does not need a QB will have an ass-load of trade value.

Bears will be top 10............But we`ll blow it as usual..............

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cleveland will obviously draft Darnold which is fine with me. USC QBs are horribly overrated and USC as a program is overrated PLUS we need another QB to go die in Cleveland.

Then I'm sure Jed 'the douche' Yoork will draft Rosen, because California and all. San Fran is desperate to get anyone in the stadium and a new QB will probably fill 5,000 or so seats alone.
Jed should totally trade the 1st overall pick to the Steelers for Bell and the Steelers 1.

That LeVeon Bell cat will put butts in seats.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of changes from this year to last:

1) Chiefs basically cut their drops in half. They've gone from 1.6 drops a game to .8 drops a game.
2) Alex Smith is taking a lot more sacks.
3) Alex Smith isnt throwing INTs at all.
4) Chiefs are about 17% better in the Red Zone.
5) Alex Smith is extending plays with his legs and also using his legs more to run.
6) Alex Smith's passes are more accurate in general

I suspect Alex Smith's stats will come down a little bit but maybe not a lot while Kareem Hunt is in the equation. His Yards Per Catch is in line with what he has been doing in his prime but he is playing pretty close to flawlessly so far with his skill set. I think what you're seeing is something like what happened with Dallas last year where teams weren't quite sure how to pick their poison.
If I might.
7) Alex Smith has helped lead his team to a lot of wins in that time as well.
Great to see him coming into his own.
Who knows, he might even make a fan of the fantasy football community.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Steelers
2.) Pats
3.) Vikes
4.) Dolphins
5.) Bills