• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lionstop1's official mock and draft-day discussion.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better get off the weed Muzz. You can't handle it.

I've learned too much from this board to stop weed now. It really does help my driving skills.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just by his early morning texts, he's prepared for homicidal rage.

I have accepted that we suck and The Clown Show will not improve this team.

I am now emotionless. Whoever they pick, however they do it (trade up, trade down, stay put), will get no reaction from me. It's pointless.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be fine with Ha-Ha Nix at 10 just to buy his jersey with his name on it So later down the road when people laugh at the Lions I can laugh with them.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have accepted that we suck and The Clown Show will not improve this team.

I am now emotionless. Whoever they pick, however they do it (trade up, trade down, stay put), will get no reaction from me. It's pointless.

Remember the scene from The Firm where the other lawyer is sitting out on his lawn while the sprinklers soak him, nearly catatonic? This is what I'm picturing from Evil tonight.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Xanders just not the Dip-Shit who actually has the final Say in who the pick is. TBH, Ansah having only played football for 2 years (1 yr actually starting 9 of 13 games) was luck of the draw all the way around. How many times do you see a foreign player who knows absolutely nothing about the sport prosper fairly well with so little experience and yet guys who've played since they were 8 years old FAIL MISERABLY once in the NFL... LUCK......Drafting players is a 50-50 chance they pan out just like Ansah. It's a lot of luck.. Finding Warford and Taylor (he flashed last year but still has a long ways to go, why wasn't his production better once Clowney arrived ?).. Then there's Martin.. He was superbly solid last year and did make an impact. ST's players can/do make impacts if they're really good. All those inside the 20 punts and coffin corner. It wasn't like that the 2 previous years.

Then why does everyone hate on Mayhew so much if the draft is all luck?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a solid nucleus of players to build on. Losing a couple picks for a elite prospect is no biggie.

The Lions have little to no depth at many positions. What if Stafford goes down? What if Tulloch or Levy go down? What if Ansah goes down? I'd say what if "insert CB name here" goes down, but we don't even have a #1 CB? What if Quinn goes down? And everyone's favorite -- what if Calvin Johnson goes down?

It is nice to get one player viewed as elite, but if it means trading 3 picks this year and a 1st round next year -- Detroit is going to continue to be playing with fire as they lack depth at many positions, while needing to upgrade elsewhere.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaaaay! Im home