• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Snead Likes Kenny Britt

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Snead predicts the Rams have a better than 50/50 chance of signing Kenny Britt. :noidea:

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He's a head case. If we sign him, that means bye, bye Sammy Watkins. :doh:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could also mean we're giving up on Quick. Basically it's time to put up or ship out.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, but Fisher drafted this guy. He knows what kind of player he CAN be. He is better than every WR on our roster sans Tavon IMO. I think Quick will be the one on the outside looking in when he gets signed. And we are getting kind of ahead of ourselves. He will probably sign a 1 year, non guaranteed deal and if he does not look good in camp, they let him go. Low risk, high reward.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, but Fisher drafted this guy. He knows what kind of player he CAN be. He is better than every WR on our roster sans Tavon IMO. I think Quick will be the one on the outside looking in when he gets signed. And we are getting kind of ahead of ourselves. He will probably sign a 1 year, non guaranteed deal and if he does not look good in camp, they let him go. Low risk, high reward.

:10: took the words right out of my mouth :suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF this guy can get his head on straight he could be a monster for us................if not, cut him loose. Was well on his way to a pretty big year (yeah, it was only 3 or 4 games in ) when he blew his knee out. It was obvious he wasn't in the Titan's plans last year so why not give him a shot? BTW, dude is only 25..........seems like he's been around longer.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with??????

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying for a while I would much rather them bring in a guy who's been in an NFL offense then yet another guy with no experience. Love the move if he is in fact signed.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with ksu and jacobarch!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Sportboy. I am not so sure your link is correct. The St Louis Rams homepage is only mentioning that there is a possibility of signing and other outlets like SB Nation and Fox Sports are not reporting any such Britt signing.

Furthermore, I wouldn't want this dude anywhere near Earth City. Why? Because several stories have appeared indicating Britt has been arrested 9 FREAKIN TIMES since being drafted. Here is a quote from SBNation:

"Kenny Britt has been arrested nine times since being drafted. You know what they say -- Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, three times is a pattern, nine times is a HOLY SHIT HOW DO YOU GET ARRESTED NINE TIMES AND NOT BE IN JAIL FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME."

You put this guy in the same locker room as JJ or Givens and you got a bad mix. Nope, stay with the draft and stay away from old used-up players and players that can't stay away from being arrested.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing, also. If the Rams figure they don't need Watkins, they might indeed trade down ( which I still don't like). Maybe they'll take a stab at Clowney with the No. 2 pick.

I just don't want to see the Rams draft a bunch of guys who will be postscripts a year from now.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Sportboy. I am not so sure your link is correct. The St Louis Rams homepage is only mentioning that there is a possibility of signing and other outlets like SB Nation and Fox Sports are not reporting any such Britt signing.

Furthermore, I wouldn't want this dude anywhere near Earth City. Why? Because several stories have appeared indicating Britt has been arrested 9 FREAKIN TIMES since being drafted. Here is a quote from SBNation:

"Kenny Britt has been arrested nine times since being drafted. You know what they say -- Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, three times is a pattern, nine times is a HOLY SHIT HOW DO YOU GET ARRESTED NINE TIMES AND NOT BE IN JAIL FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME."

You put this guy in the same locker room as JJ or Givens and you got a bad mix. Nope, stay with the draft and stay away from old used-up players and players that can't stay away from being arrested.

Sorry fellas that was a bunk link. When I looked up his age on Wiki they had him as signing with the Rams yesterday. ..............this morning it is gone so again, sorry for the confusion.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That should be an absolute disqualification to ANY team. Talented or not, that is just a lighted stick of dynamite just inching closer to going off. Not a question of "if" but "when" May be a low risk signing as KSU suggests, but still not worth the potential damage this guy could do to a locker room. Rather have Quick with hands of concrete dropping the occasional pass than this guy destroying the entire locker room.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Brit COULD stay out of trouble in St. Louis, its a very different place and Fisher will instill fear in him, he knows it is his last chance. A low-risk high-reward (like previously discussed by others on this thread) conract would be a must.

I think this removes us from drafting Watkins (not totally, but a good chance). Which probably means we're drafting one of those linemen or defenders, non of which I think are worth the pick/are a fit .... hopefully we can trade back

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ice, if we sign Kenny Britt, it's bye, bye to Sammy Watkins. We for sure trade down for more picks and Jeff Fisher will break his 20 year string of not drafting an OL in the first round. Not sure how I feel about this. It could hurt us long term. Time will tell, eh?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they don't see the Value in Sammy. However if he blows up and becomes the Larry Fitz say goodbye to Jeff and Snead.