• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Flyers tank the rest of the season?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I know, you're not the Pens, but Connor McDavid is certainly worth tanking for. I wish my Pens were in your position because all it takes is an injury & you're competing with the Blue Jackets & Sabres for the top overall pick. As we all know, no one wants injuries to happen but they are inevitable. If something happens to Mason, season over IMO. Mason doesn't even have to get hurt. Just say he's injured & play Emery.

Superstars like Connor McDavid don't come around often. It might be dishonorable to tank but it might be worth it this year.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be trimming the fat and prepare for the future with our (hopefully) rebuilt defense. I don't want to see Andreas Lilja get signed and play 25 minutes a night but I would like to see assets acquired for Coburn and anyone else of value that isn't integral to the future.

I'll gladly settle for Eichel by the way.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be trimming the fat and prepare for the future with our (hopefully) rebuilt defense. I don't want to see Andreas Lilja get signed and play 25 minutes a night but I would like to see assets acquired for Coburn and anyone else of value that isn't integral to the future.

I'll gladly settle for Eichel by the way.

Believe it or not I would gladly trade places with the Flyers this year. Just by being in the lottery you get a franchise caliber player.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not I would gladly trade places with the Flyers this year. Just by being in the lottery you get a franchise caliber player.

Really? It's not like you guys are a bubble team. I'd much rather be competeting.

You guys don't need another franchise player anyway. :) Corey Pronman tweeted a few weeks ago how the generational talents of Mario, Lindros, and Sid have been ending up in Pennsylvania. Guess it's our turn again :D

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? It's not like you guys are a bubble team. I'd much rather be competeting.

You guys don't need another franchise player anyway. :) Corey Pronman tweeted a few weeks ago how the generational talents of Mario, Lindros, and Sid have been ending up in Pennsylvania. Guess it's our turn again :D

Interesting pattern...
:think:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the Flyers were the worst team in the NHL and didn't get the #1 pick, I don't know what tanking will do..seriously...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a Pens fan to start a tank thread :)

The flyers are bad though.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the Flyers were the worst team in the NHL and didn't get the #1 pick, I don't know what tanking will do..seriously...

You don't need the #1 pick to get a superstar in this year's draft tho.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers have the tools to be a top team in the East right now. Just like last year showed, they CAN play much better than they do. Just a matter of if/when they start. I don't get to watch them enough to know what needs to be done but I do know they have enough to win.

I guess I mean no I don't think they should tank.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers have the tools to be a top team in the East right now. Just like last year showed, they CAN play much better than they do. Just a matter of if/when they start. I don't get to watch them enough to know what needs to be done but I do know they have enough to win.

I guess I mean no I don't think they should tank.

But what can they do to get better? They're hands are tied with cap space & they might have 2 tradable assets right now (Brayden Schenn & Matt Read). IDK, not saying they should tank but it might be the simplest solution.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But what can they do to get better? They're hands are tied with cap space & they might have 2 tradable assets right now (Brayden Schenn & Matt Read). IDK, not saying they should tank but it might be the simplest solution.

I haven't the slightest clue what they need to do. Just my amateur opinion that the have some weapons that can carry them. Will they get "The Golden Glow"(ala Bruce Leroy) or not is the question. Time is running out tho.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't the slightest clue what they need to do. Just my amateur opinion that the have some weapons that can carry them. Will they get "The Golden Glow"(ala Bruce Leroy) or not is the question. Time is running out tho.

I think they have a lot of offensive talent but there's no defense at all. Not sure if Brayden Schenn & Matt Read could bring in enough pieces to improve that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't tank simply because I think eventually the Flyers will get a big enough winning streak where they won't finish last

They need to fire Chief and trade Braydon Coburn to Edmonton for guys who will work hard and be tenacious like David Perron - the Flyers were better without Braydon Coburn anyways - I would possibly package him and Matt Read for David Perron and Jeff Petry - the Flyers get a d-man back in return who is a righty shot and a winger that they desperately need - believe it or not I think they are only five points out of a playoff spot - one good run can get them back in it

I know this isn't popular but when firing Chief, I'd hire Dan Bylsma - I'd rather back up the brinks truck for Mike Babcock in the offseason but Dan Bylsma's a good enough coach that I would grab him now and see what he can do with this team

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Flyers have been tanking since 1976 :noidea:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A change is coach is as needed as anything. Having the right man behind the bench will be as important as having the right combination of players.

Right now this team has neither. There is enough talent amongst the collection of players to "get hot" and "play together" but as I have said too many times now...there are too many players being slotted out fo position. Brayden Schenn, Vinny, both centers playing wing. Belmare, a wing playing center.
There are no real top left wings to compliment G and Jake. Just think for a second how good that line COULD be.

Next year there will be changes on the blue line if nothing else. But if there isn't a change in the forwards willingness to back check and maintain gap control. If there is no commitment by the organization to slot players properly by position none of this will matter.

Oh...but at least it isn't the Goalie. Mason is not the problem.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A change is coach is as needed as anything. Having the right man behind the bench will be as important as having the right combination of players.

Right now this team has neither. There is enough talent amongst the collection of players to "get hot" and "play together" but as I have said too many times now...there are too many players being slotted out fo position. Brayden Schenn, Vinny, both centers playing wing. Belmare, a wing playing center.
There are no real top left wings to compliment G and Jake. Just think for a second how good that line COULD be.

Next year there will be changes on the blue line if nothing else. But if there isn't a change in the forwards willingness to back check and maintain gap control. If there is no commitment by the organization to slot players properly by position none of this will matter.

Oh...but at least it isn't the Goalie. Mason is not the problem.

That's why it'd be wise to ship off Braydon Coburn for a winger like David Perron - forward depth is lacking right now - they need wingers and I think a trade like that would help the Flyers

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't tank simply because I think eventually the Flyers will get a big enough winning streak where they won't finish last

They need to fire Chief and trade Braydon Coburn to Edmonton for guys who will work hard and be tenacious like David Perron - the Flyers were better without Braydon Coburn anyways - I would possibly package him and Matt Read for David Perron and Jeff Petry - the Flyers get a d-man back in return who is a righty shot and a winger that they desperately need - believe it or not I think they are only five points out of a playoff spot - one good run can get them back in it

I know this isn't popular but when firing Chief, I'd hire Dan Bylsma - I'd rather back up the brinks truck for Mike Babcock in the offseason but Dan Bylsma's a good enough coach that I would grab him now and see what he can do with this team

I like bylsma as a coach, and like his systems, but I think he's too player friendly. I kinda think the flyers need a hard ass in charge right now. It just goes in cycles, players coach (Stevens), hard ass (lavy), players coach (berube). The team right now needs some discipline.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Right now we don't need to tank because we are playing bad enough;
2. To tank, you need to strip your team of legit players (see the 76ers);
3. Players actually are professionals and will not lose on purpose;
4. The only players with value are part of the future (G, Jake, Simmonds, Couts, B. Schenn. Laughton and Streit).
5. As bad as we are, there are other teams that are worse; and
6. Next year will not be much better due to the shitty contracts given by Homer.
7. :gaah::doh::bawling:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Right now we don't need to tank because we are playing bad enough;
2. To tank, you need to strip your team of legit players (see the 76ers);
3. Players actually are professionals and will not lose on purpose;
4. The only players with value are part of the future (G, Jake, Simmonds, Couts, B. Schenn. Laughton and Streit).
5. As bad as we are, there are other teams that are worse; and
6. Next year will not be much better due to the shitty contracts given by Homer.
7. :gaah::doh::bawling:

Don't forget 8!

NOBODY WANTS LACAVALIER OR UMBERGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!