• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jamal Adams to miss the rest of 2022 season.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Russell was nice even though it was more like the 12th man beat them, and they beat themselves, rather than the Seahawks beat them. Gino looked really good in the first half but in the second half he reverted back to 'Geno being Geno'.

But, now Adams is gone and the defense, as weak as it is, and Adams, as overrated as he is, nevertheless has gotten weaker.

So, having said all that, I kinda wish we had lost yesterday. I'd like to see this team in an unofficial tank mode. I mean, the very best we can hope for is, what, an 8-9 season? I'd rather see the team go 2-15 and get a top 3 draft pick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That stinks that he's out for the season... Definitely a big hit to our defense for sure...

On the other hand, I never wish for our team to lose... I feel it's important for our young guys to not only get experience with playing time but also to experience victory... Playing sports all my life winning is a big deal because there is momentum you can carry into following season...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it all my life (and this goes WELL before SportsHoopla) - I do not want to TANK a season to go ALL in on one guy. Even Andrew "Suck for..." Luck did fuck all towards a title.

Yah it sucks Adams is out. The trade was absolute shit in hindsight (I thought it would be great) but it is what it is. There's no going back so let's move on. Instead let's focus on some positives... the OL looked great yesterday (1 sack from Cross was on Geno, the holding on Lucas... eh, fine), Woolen/Bryant are going to have some growing pains but they were there to make the plays... there's positives to take away.

I will agree the Broncos somewhat beat themselves (play this game 10 times and Seattle wins a couple) but the fact Seattle won it does add a spark to the locker room that aids the development of the younger guys and creates a thirst/hunger... and that is HUUUUGE. Winning the Denver game was Seattle's SuperBowl, but that's LARGELY impactful because right now Seattle's core group is YOUNG/IMPRESSIONABLE guys. So winning now MATTERS.

Again, never been a fan of this "Tank the season for x player". It works in NBA because there's 5 guys total that play offense and defense. It does NOT work in the NFL. And yah, don't get me wrong, of COURSE there are top 5 picks that are franchise defining players that make a huge impact, but it's a SMALL % all up (far more top 5 picks have done nothing than something big). Meanwhile the teams that routinely TANK seasons are generally STUCK there for a LONG time.

I'd be perfectly fine with Seattle winning more games than losing this season. This whole, "OMG our draft pick is going down NOOO!" mentality is absolutely fuckin' ridiculous to me. If you're 0-17 or whatever, you have FAR more problems that a #1 overall pick is NOT going to solve. Hell look at Trevor Lawrence lol. Guy publicly said he didn't even want to go to the Jets/Jags.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Russell was nice even though it was more like the 12th man beat them, and they beat themselves, rather than the Seahawks beat them. Gino looked really good in the first half but in the second half he reverted back to 'Geno being Geno'.

But, now Adams is gone and the defense, as weak as it is, and Adams, as overrated as he is, nevertheless has gotten weaker.

So, having said all that, I kinda wish we had lost yesterday. I'd like to see this team in an unofficial tank mode. I mean, the very best we can hope for is, what, an 8-9 season? I'd rather see the team go 2-15 and get a top 3 draft pick.
I think the worst thing about losing Adams is he lost an opportunity to prove himself, and the coaching staff lost an opportunity to prove they could use him properly. They ran a lot of 3 safety looks with Adams in the box, which is exactly where I think he'd thrive.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it all my life (and this goes WELL before SportsHoopla) - I do not want to TANK a season to go ALL in on one guy. Even Andrew "Suck for..." Luck did fuck all towards a title.

Yah it sucks Adams is out. The trade was absolute shit in hindsight (I thought it would be great) but it is what it is. There's no going back so let's move on. Instead let's focus on some positives... the OL looked great yesterday (1 sack from Cross was on Geno, the holding on Lucas... eh, fine), Woolen/Bryant are going to have some growing pains but they were there to make the plays... there's positives to take away.

I will agree the Broncos somewhat beat themselves (play this game 10 times and Seattle wins a couple) but the fact Seattle won it does add a spark to the locker room that aids the development of the younger guys and creates a thirst/hunger... and that is HUUUUGE. Winning the Denver game was Seattle's SuperBowl, but that's LARGELY impactful because right now Seattle's core group is YOUNG/IMPRESSIONABLE guys. So winning now MATTERS.

Again, never been a fan of this "Tank the season for x player". It works in NBA because there's 5 guys total that play offense and defense. It does NOT work in the NFL. And yah, don't get me wrong, of COURSE there are top 5 picks that are franchise defining players that make a huge impact, but it's a SMALL % all up (far more top 5 picks have done nothing than something big). Meanwhile the teams that routinely TANK seasons are generally STUCK there for a LONG time.

I'd be perfectly fine with Seattle winning more games than losing this season. This whole, "OMG our draft pick is going down NOOO!" mentality is absolutely fuckin' ridiculous to me. If you're 0-17 or whatever, you have FAR more problems that a #1 overall pick is NOT going to solve. Hell look at Trevor Lawrence lol. Guy publicly said he didn't even want to go to the Jets/Jags.
I was really impressed by the offensive line.

By my eye, Cross held his own pretty well aside from getting beat a few times by a damn good player in Bradley Chubb. PFF - love it or hate it - credited Cross with four pressures and two sacks, Lucas with two pressures allowed. Personally I didn't see Lucas get beat once all night so I'll disagree with that one. I honestly think that Gabe Lucas had the best night of anyone on the offense. He completely shut down the right side IMO.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's a blow.

Good win last night though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect opportunity for Pete & John to work another ill-fated picks for player(s) deal! Maybe both of next year's 1st rounders for Cordarrelle Patterson?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DID the defense get Weaker? DID THEY? they gave up 13 points in the first half and 3 in the second half. We have seen this for 2 years people. When Adams goes down the defense starts playing better. It was last year when they brought up a stat sheet of how the Defense plays better with Adams but the biggest stat they ignored on that sheet was PPG as it was higher with Adams on the field than it was with out.

Trade him for a good Linebacker. Wish they could but no one would want him now and at best might give us a 5th or 6th round pick for him. I was excited about getting Adams until i saw the price we gave up to get him. I was like OH HELL NO! they sold the future on him so there was zero chance they wouldn't "RESIGN HIM" meaning he was going to get what ever he wanted. I said it's going to take at least 17 million to resign him and got laughed at. Was told " No way they would pay a Strong safety 17 million".

Would love the Adams and Jimmy Graham picks back that they gave up. Someone had a article about how the Jimmy graham picks could have turned into a STUD SS for Seattle. Alexander or something, shit was years ago.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect opportunity for Pete & John to work another ill-fated picks for player(s) deal! Maybe both of next year's 1st rounders for Cordarrelle Patterson?
LOL. Brutal.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was hoping that Adams would really take this season as an opportunity to show everyone he can really play all he ever hears is that he is an overrated, over paid safety. spending the next 8-13 months filled with surgeries and rehabbing can be emotional I feel for anyone that will go through that.

I will say I think its better for something like this to happen way early in the season that way we can really focus on what the defense will look like without him rather then relying on him all season then have him go down in the middle of the race.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hearing he’s getting second opinions and that it’s not a lock for the season just yet, but it sounds like it’s probably gonna be … He’s looking like another injury prone guy that just can’t stay on the field… I hated giving up the draft stock we gave to get him… It’s a good thing we traded Russ when we did to get some of that draft capital back… Don’t give up too draft picks anymore Pete!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want people to see what I have been saying now for YEARS. Seattle's defense will be better in pass defense now and wont have balls bouncing off Jamals chin.

I think it's pretty safe to say now that this was the worst trade the Hawks EVER made under Pete Carroll and company. Sucks because i was excited when he got here, it was the Cost and the upcoming contract that i knew he would get that turned my stomach.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want people to see what I have been saying now for YEARS. Seattle's defense will be better in pass defense now and wont have balls bouncing off Jamals chin.

I think it's pretty safe to say now that this was the worst trade the Hawks EVER made under Pete Carroll and company. Sucks because i was excited when he got here, it was the Cost and the upcoming contract that i knew he would get that turned my stomach.

Its up there for worst trades in league history. Resigning him was icing on the cake.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense will be better without him

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's defense will be better in pass defense now and wont have balls bouncing off Jamals chin.
Didn’t Diggs let one go right through his hands in the end zone Sunday?

Crazy talk to say we are better without him… I’m sure Pete Carroll and the defense would state otherwise.