• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Flyers tank the rest of the season?

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, if I'm the Flyers I would be compelled to play Gostisbehere, Morin, & Hagg by the end of the season. Can't see them doing any worse than some of the guys playing d for the Flyers right now.

Can't do worse in a sense. Absolutely no depth on this team.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't tank simply because I think eventually the Flyers will get a big enough winning streak where they won't finish last

They need to fire Chief and trade Braydon Coburn to Edmonton for guys who will work hard and be tenacious like David Perron - the Flyers were better without Braydon Coburn anyways - I would possibly package him and Matt Read for David Perron and Jeff Petry - the Flyers get a d-man back in return who is a righty shot and a winger that they desperately need - believe it or not I think they are only five points out of a playoff spot - one good run can get them back in it

I know this isn't popular but when firing Chief, I'd hire Dan Bylsma - I'd rather back up the brinks truck for Mike Babcock in the offseason but Dan Bylsma's a good enough coach that I would grab him now and see what he can do with this team

Anyone remember the guy that coached us to a couple of 40+ win seasons,and is mentioned as an early frontrunner for the Adams award?

Berube is just part of the problem.Way too many guys seem to have forgot the simple basics of the game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember the guy that coached us to a couple of 40+ win seasons,and is mentioned as an early frontrunner for the Adams award?

Berube is just part of the problem.Way too many guys seem to have forgot the simple basics of the game.

Good post

I never liked the Laviolette firing.

Berube isn't the problem, but the only major move the Flyers could make right now is to fire the coach, so if there's going to be a major shakeup this season, that'll probably be it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy had to go when he went. Eventually a new voice is needed, almost always.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy had to go when he went. Eventually a new voice is needed, almost always.

Even Mike Babcock might not be in Detroit after this season(maybe not for those reasons but still)

Coaches tend to get the most out of players early on and later on it fizzles

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Mike Babcock might not be in Detroit after this season(maybe not for those reasons but still)

Coaches tend to get the most out of players early on and later on it fizzles

exactly. Though I am surprised at all the Babcock stuff. I'd be very surprised if he's not back in Detroit next year.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I flat out hate the Flyers... I've said that before. But I watch 'ockey, and always wanted them to make the first round and get knocked out.

That being said.... the more I watch...guys I THOUGHT were NHL worthy.... are average at best...

...they have Giroux, SIMMONDS, VORACEK...and B. Schenn....? Who else? :L

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed in the consistency of the rest.

A Mac, Coburn, Vinny, Umberger.............:bawling::bawling::bawling:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. Though I am surprised at all the Babcock stuff. I'd be very surprised if he's not back in Detroit next year.

I thought I heard Babcock will be out of D-Town when the Flyers played the Wings last game? He's a guy I would like behind the bench here. However, I don't think any coach, including Scotty Bowman can fix this mess we have. Homer may have killed us for a couple of seasons with the shit contracts and so forth. Ride this season out and trade if you can at TD and DO NOT BUY. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard Babcock will be out of D-Town when the Flyers played the Wings last game? He's a guy I would like behind the bench here. However, I don't think any coach, including Scotty Bowman can fix this mess we have. Homer may have killed us for a couple of seasons with the shit contracts and so forth. Ride this season out and trade if you can at TD and DO NOT BUY. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

The thing about hiring Mike Babcock is that he'd have control over the roster, one of the reasons why he wants out of Detroit because with Ken Holland being there, he wouldn't have that opportunity to have full control over the roster

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about hiring Mike Babcock is that he'd have control over the roster, one of the reasons why he wants out of Detroit because with Ken Holland being there, he wouldn't have that opportunity to have full control over the roster

If he wants control, give it to him. Right now, for next year we have 18 players under contract with only $1.8million for signing 2 forwards, 2 dmen and a goalie. We do get a break as Prongers $4.9 will actually give us $6.7 million with 17 under contract. That's going to be about $7 million for 5-6 guys. Since we are going to have the same team next year that we have this year, go for it.

It gets even better as our top 5 dmen are all back for the low low price of only $22 million. For less you could have Keith $5.7, Kronwall $4.7, Josi $4, Boychuck $3.4 and Klein $2.9.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants control, give it to him. Right now, for next year we have 18 players under contract with only $1.8million for signing 2 forwards, 2 dmen and a goalie. We do get a break as Prongers $4.9 will actually give us $6.7 million with 17 under contract. That's going to be about $7 million for 5-6 guys. Since we are going to have the same team next year that we have this year, go for it.

It gets even better as our top 5 dmen are all back for the low low price of only $22 million. For less you could have Keith $5.7, Kronwall $4.7, Josi $4, Boychuck $3.4 and Klein $2.9.

Is it possible to bury all of our scrub defenseman currently on the roster in the minors next season and bring up the kids.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would have been nice if the Flyers waited until this offseason to trade for a d-man - instead of trading for A-Mac they could given up the same return for Johnny Boychuk

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice if the Flyers waited until this offseason to trade for a d-man - instead of trading for A-Mac they could given up the same return for Johnny Boychuk

I just about threw up after looking at A Macs contract history. I wasn't against resigning him but he went from a cap hit of $550,000.00 to $5,000,000.00 in one fell swoop. His agent should get the agent of the decade/century/ever award for that one.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't tank we're not the pens. Play hard and let the chips fall where they may. Besides we know this team can be better and it's very early in the season. Make a trade but nothing stupid...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the devils should tank

you're not allowed to tank Clarkson. That makes being bad too tight of a competition.

Lets go Sabres, Oilers, Devils, Canes, BJs, Panthers, Coyotes! Clap, Clap, Clap clap clap

everybody!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're not allowed to tank Clarkson. That makes being bad too tight of a competition.

Lets go Sabres, Oilers, Devils, Canes, BJs, Panthers, Coyotes! Clap, Clap, Clap clap clap

everybody!

this actually works double. because if the bad teams are winning, the teams ahead of the flyers are losing. it's good for tanking and for playoff making!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were already tanking, you mean were not?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't tank we're not the pens. Play hard and let the chips fall where they may. Besides we know this team can be better and it's very early in the season. Make a trade but nothing stupid...

My only thing is what's the point of making a trade if it's nothing special, and can a special trade be made with Lacavalier & Umberger on the books?