• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Flyers tank the rest of the season?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys bring up good points. Flyers still have hope. As long as you have hope you should try. 2003-04 Pens really had nothing going for them (although I would argue the '04 Pens dmen situation was better), Flyers got guys like Giroux, Voracek, Mason, Simmonds, & Streit. 04 Pens didn't have that much talent.

Flyers are at an interesting crossroad tho, 8 points behind the Maple Leafs for the final Wildcard spot, 5 points higher than the Blue Jackets for last place. They gotta decide the team they want to be. Buyers or sellers. Right now I'm seeing more reasons to sell than to buy if I'm the Flyers. Not saying the playoffs are out of reach but I think it would be more beneficial for them to go down instead of up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Chy. If the Flyers play the way they are now, the tanking won't be a conscious decision but a result because their play is already bad enough as is.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Chy. If the Flyers play the way they are now, the tanking won't be a conscious decision but a result because their play is already bad enough as is.

True

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely not be trying to be a buyer. It's all about the future right now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely not be trying to be a buyer. It's all about the future right now.

Yeah buying would be a mistake. See how this group does, if possible try to sell some parts. Don't try to upgrade this season unless there's a steal of a deal.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe instead of asking whether the Flyers should tank I should've asked if the Flyers will be buyers or sellers by the trade deadline.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I know, you're not the Pens, but Connor McDavid is certainly worth tanking for. I wish my Pens were in your position because all it takes is an injury & you're competing with the Blue Jackets & Sabres for the top overall pick. As we all know, no one wants injuries to happen but they are inevitable. If something happens to Mason, season over IMO. Mason doesn't even have to get hurt. Just say he's injured & play Emery.

Superstars like Connor McDavid don't come around often. It might be dishonorable to tank but it might be worth it this year.

They've been tankin' it since game #1. Pretty much are so average to bad.... they don't have to do anything different to bottom out in this league. Horrible team. Have maybe 4 - 5 guys that can play.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Berube as a coach, but I'm wondering if he is the right man for this team? His job is safe, but for shots and giggles I would like Babcock from Detroit.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been tankin' it since game #1. Pretty much are so average to bad.... they don't have to do anything different to bottom out in this league. Horrible team. Have maybe 4 - 5 guys that can play.

I think their main problem is playing on their own end. From defense, to clearing the puck out of their zone, to PK's, etc. they gotta get better on their own end.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Berube as a coach, but I'm wondering if he is the right man for this team? His job is safe, but for shots and giggles I would like Babcock from Detroit.

I think it's a personnel problem, the way that blue line is built is problematic for now (wait till Gostisbehere, Morin, & Hagg enter the league I guess).

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a personnel problem, the way that blue line is built is problematic for now (wait till Gostisbehere, Morin, & Hagg enter the league I guess).

Doobs, can you imagine what the future of the Flyers would look like if they deal a few of these guys by the TD and finish with one of the worst records in the league yet land either the #1or 2 pick? McDavid or Eichel on the same team as G and Voracek? Fuck me sideways, that would be one scary ass team.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobs, can you imagine what the future of the Flyers would look like if they deal a few of these guys by the TD and finish with one of the worst records in the league yet land either the #1or 2 pick? McDavid or Eichel on the same team as G and Voracek? Fuck me sideways, that would be one scary ass team.

:agree:

That would be a very scary team.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to out tank the Sabres or the Oilers the Flyers will have to get even worse....scary

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to out tank the Sabres or the Oilers the Flyers will have to get even worse....scary

True, as of now the Sabres, Hurricanes, Oilers, & Blue Jackets are worse, but the Flyers are primed for a top 5 pick if things stay the same. Top 5 in this upcoming draft will land a very strong pick.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their main problem is playing on their own end. From defense, to clearing the puck out of their zone, to PK's, etc. they gotta get better on their own end.

I flat out hate the Flyers... I've said that before. But I watch 'ockey, and always wanted them to make the first round and get knocked out.

That being said.... the more I watch...guys I THOUGHT were NHL worthy.... are average at best...

...they have Giroux, SIMMONDS, VORACEK...and B. Schenn....? Who else? :L

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed in the consistency of the rest.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I flat out hate the Flyers... I've said that before. But I watch 'ockey, and always wanted them to make the first round and get knocked out.

That being said.... the more I watch...guys I THOUGHT were NHL worthy.... are average at best...

...they have Giroux, SIMMONDS, VORACEK...and B. Schenn....? Who else? :L

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed in the consistency of the rest.

It's their defensemen, it's always been their dmen ever since Pronger went down. Only reason they've survived all along was because of Timonen. Now that he's gone, the blue line is a complete mess. Streit is alright but everyone else needs to go.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, if I'm the Flyers I would be compelled to play Gostisbehere, Morin, & Hagg by the end of the season. Can't see them doing any worse than some of the guys playing d for the Flyers right now.